Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 09:25 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, it is not a poor translation...What you have is the poor translation...And that New Covenant is only for Israel and Judah, no Gentiles...

Zech, 12:10 Is a description of what some of the Gifts are that come with the New Covenant as promised to the Jews first.
Now, where does it say Jew first?...

It is only for the Gentile that has joined himself to G-d through Israel...Sorry, that is not what the Hebrew says:

10And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplications. And they shall look to me because of those who have been thrust through [with swords], and they shall mourn over it as one mourns over an only son and shall be in bitterness, therefore, as one is embittered over a firstborn son.

[quote]
You might what to listen to Tom Cantor a born again Jew who as a great ministry among the Jews and also the Gentles.
Quote:

He is not a Jew, he is a Christian...

What I write comes straight the TaNaKh...The KJV has been proven to be mistranslated...The TaNaKh came first before your KJV COT...
This is my answer and the Bibles answer to what you say. The New Covenant is for Jews and Gentles who have joined to Christ not to Israel.

Lest you be puffed up in pride, take note that not all who came out of Egypt all called Israel because true Israel are those who believe in the promises of God and especially in the Christ, the promised Messiah. Most of so called Israel did not even enter the promised land because of unbelief. God had to start over with the second generation to get a remnant that could qualify by Faith in the eyes of God to be called Israel.

A true Jew is one who has been converted to the Messiah otherwise he is only a Jew by lineage. Isaac the son of Abraham, the first so called Jew, had two sons but, we see in ROM 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." Esau was rejected by God as are many Jews of the lineage because they reject the birthright that has to do with the promises of God and especially the salvation that comes through Messiah. Those of the lineage who reject Christ are Esau, not Jacob and not Israel

IS 49:6 "And He said, It is a light thing that You should be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give You for a light to the Gentiles, that You may be My salvation unto the end of the earth."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 12:08 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
A true Jew is one who has been converted to the Messiah otherwise he is only a Jew by lineage. Isaac the son of Abraham, the first so called Jew, had two sons but, we see in ROM 9:13 "As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated." Esau was rejected by God as are many Jews of the lineage because they reject the birthright that has to do with the promises of God and especially the salvation that comes through Messiah. Those of the lineage who reject Christ are Esau, not Jacob and not Israel.
To further your point, let's look at the OT: Take thy son, thine only son...God didn't recognize Esau for he was not of the promise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity