Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2015, 09:51 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
There was a lot of things that God hadn't revealed yet to any of them prior to Noah. If you're going to live out a pre-Noah faith you are missing a lot of good stuff about God.
But Vizio, do you think that is fair of God to keep the most horrendous torture possible hid from humanity?

Is it fair to all the people who, for thousands of years lived a hard life, died and then, before God, God tells them: "Oh, sorry about that. I guess I did forget to tell you about eternal hell fire and damnation"? That just doesn't wash. The reason such a fate was never told humanity is because such a fate was invented by people with wild imaginations. It just isn't in any properly translated bible nor in the original manuscripts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2015, 10:15 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
But Vizio, do you think that is fair of God to keep the most horrendous torture possible hid from humanity?
Is it fair to all the people who, for thousands of years lived a hard life, died and then, before God, God tells them: "Oh, sorry about that. I guess I did forget to tell you about eternal hell fire and damnation"? That just doesn't wash.
Does it matter what I think? Are you going to tell the Creator that he's unfair about something? That's like the clay telling the potter that he doesn't like what it was shaped into.
Quote:

The reason such a fate was never told humanity is because such a fate was invented by people with wild imaginations. It just isn't in any properly translated bible nor in the original manuscripts.
Keep living in that happy little fantasy world, my friend. What color is the sky in your world?

Old 07-01-2015, 10:31 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:

Is it fair to all the people who, for thousands of years lived a hard life, died and then, before God, God tells them: "Oh, sorry about that. I guess I did forget to tell you about eternal hell fire and damnation"? That just doesn't wash. The reason such a fate was never told humanity is because such a fate was invented by people with wild imaginations. It just isn't in any properly translated bible nor in the original manuscripts.
There ... this is the sum and substance of those who oppose Jesus claiming "I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just," when Jesus says what he does for example in John 5:29 \ Matthew 25:30-46 .

1) It's not fair
2) That just doesn't wash
3) invented by people with wild imaginations

You're on the losing end of that Eusebius

Old 07-01-2015, 11:04 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:

First he did tell them what their fate would be: "Dust to Dust" and that was all they needed to know. No torture.No immortal soul either.

The mistranslation of Sheol and Hades misleads people as to what Dust to Dust means. A later fabrication like many things added due to Platonic thought and influence on the "early Church fathers", who listened to that philosophy rather than God.

For those who knew God as a God of love, they waited on further revelation as to what if any hope existed after, dust to dust.They knew of it by Jacob's day at the latest as He is the first to use the word Sheol as a place where his beloved son was (he thought). Job also knew.None feared it.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
First he did tell them what their fate would be: "Dust to Dust" and that was all they needed to know. No torture.No immortal soul either.

The mistranslation of Sheol and Hades misleads people as to what Dust to Dust means. A later fabrication like many things added due to Platonic thought and influence on the "early Church fathers", who listened to that philosophy rather than God.

For those who knew God as a God of love, they waited on further revelation as to what if any hope existed after, dust to dust.They knew of it by Jacob's day at the latest as He is the first to use the word Sheol as a place where his beloved son was (he thought). Job also knew.None feared it.
expatCA, that is a splendid post. We are considered insane by those who cannot see the truth. What color is the sky in the world you and I live in? Today it is blue. The evening sky might be red. Red sky at night, sailors delight. Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning. It may be clear and blue tomorrow. But for those who have been brainwashed it is always black with God being some horrendous Being ready to strike any and all dead at the least resistance and then send them to some eternal damnation.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post

The fact that Genesis did not record the presence of Hell in the way you'd like doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How do you know that God didn't tell them? The teaching is certainly there later on in the Bible.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
The fact that Genesis did not record the presence of Hell in the way you'd like doesn't mean it doesn't exist. How do you know that God didn't tell them? The teaching is certainly there later on in the Bible.
There is not one word about "Hell" in any properly translated Bible. If so, please produce it.

There is also not one word in all the bible that tells people "If you don't believe in Jesus God is going to torture you in hell forever and ever and ever and ever."
Bibles that do not teach Eternal Torment: http://www.tentmaker.org/books/GatesOfHell.html

Old 07-01-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
There is not one word about "Hell" in any properly translated Bible. If so, please produce it.

There is also not one word in all the bible that tells people "If you don't believe in Jesus God is going to torture you in hell forever and ever and ever and ever."
Bibles that do not teach Eternal Torment: Bible Translations That Do Not Teach Eternal Torment
We've been over this many many times. I honestly don't care to get into it. There are numerous threads that disprove your statement.

Old 07-01-2015, 12:42 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Notice...nowhere does it say that we earn his love, or earn eternal life by doing those works. It's a heresy to suggest that we can please God and cause him to love us by anything we do. Yes--those that are saved are the ones that do the works....but nowhere does it indicate that we are saved BY the works. The works are a symptom of true salvation. Don't put the cart before the horse like the foolish Galatians did.

Gal 3:1 "O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? It was before your eyes that Jesus Christ was publicly portrayed as crucified. 2Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? 3Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected bya the flesh? 4Did you sufferb so many things in vain—if indeed it was in vain? 5Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith— 6just as Abraham “believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”?

7Know then that it is those of faith who are the sons of Abraham. 8And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justifyc the Gentiles by faith, preached the gospel beforehand to Abraham, saying, “In you shall all the nations be blessed.” 9So then, those who are of faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith."
It does say that to believe is to do the works!!!!

Old 07-01-2015, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
It does say that to believe is to do the works!!!!
Believers will do them, yes. It's an assumption. Christians don't murder and rape. We love.

But it doesn't say to work is to believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity