Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 01:17 AM

33 posts, read 23,486 times

Advertisements

I'm in my early 30s and was wondering whether to seek a relationship with someone, who now leads a Christian life and is serious about following God but who contracted a STD (Herpes) from a past partner. Has anyone else had a similar experience they can share?
Emotionally and physically it's obviously a difficult process to go through as two Christians trying to overcome a complicated challenge such as this.

Old 07-06-2015, 07:45 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
You and your partner should go to a doctor together. Planned Parenthood will test you both for STD"d. They will also educate both of you about safe sexual practices and using condoms and dams.

You should be tested if you have ever been sexually active. You go together because you are a committed couple. You already know of one STD. You both should be tested for others.

Old 07-06-2015, 11:40 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Ronkonsays...

There is more to life than a STD and knowledge can make it work for the two of you if that is the direction the relationship takes.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:31 PM

3,308 posts, read 4,560,181 times
If you're Christian and just deciding whether to seek a relationship with them, then sexual contact is a long time away, so if you're worried about the STD, you shouldn't be.

I was gonna put a whole bunch of Herpes facts but this is a Christian forum, and I feel I answered that aspect of your question.

Old 07-06-2015, 02:56 PM

33 posts, read 23,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneye4detail View Post
If you're Christian and just deciding whether to seek a relationship with them, then sexual contact is a long time away, so if you're worried about the STD, you shouldn't be.

I was gonna put a whole bunch of Herpes facts but this is a Christian forum, and I feel I answered that aspect of your question.
Yeah that's right hence why we won't be having sexual contact until marriage. So what is the chance then of me contracting the virus (genital herpes) through simply kissing, holding hands or hugging? I'm guessing next to zero?

However, of course as Christians and at our age we think of a relationship leading to marriage, so on that basis, obviously at some point we would want to have unprotected sex. So that's when this can become a problem. I have to think about it that way, I'm not just looking to have some short term 5 month relationship.

What complicates matters is that I am a virgin (technically) and she is not so that is pretty tough going and leads to other complexities other than the STD issue. So that's why this potential relationship could be tough due to my already my issues surrounding my virginity and my anxiety about having intercourse for the first time etc.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:15 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john219 View Post
Yeah that's right hence why we won't be having sexual contact until marriage. So what is the chance then of me contracting the virus (genital herpes) through simply kissing, holding hands or hugging? I'm guessing next to zero?

However, of course as Christians and at our age we think of a relationship leading to marriage, so on that basis, obviously at some point we would want to have unprotected sex. So that's when this can become a problem. I have to think about it that way, I'm not just looking to have some short term 5 month relationship.

What complicates matters is that I am a virgin (technically) and she is not so that is pretty tough going and leads to other complexities other than the STD issue. So that's why this potential relationship could be tough due to my already my issues surrounding my virginity and my anxiety about having intercourse for the first time etc.
Eliminate all possibility of CHANCE OCCURRENCE by talking with a doctor. The two of you really need to know your options and KNOW the how to's and where to's..

Old 07-06-2015, 04:21 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,655,088 times
Quote:

I don't see what other complexities there would be. It will only be complex if you make it complex.

See a doctor. Get an explanation and instruction. I consider this a minor problem if you truly love this woman.

Old 07-06-2015, 04:35 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:

There is no such thing as being technically a virgin. That tells me you should educate yourself and get good information about sexual health. Go to Planned Parenthood, together. There is no question you have they cannot and have not answered. They have the most current information. I would not trust my sexual healthcare to someone who does not specialize in sexual healthcare.
They are confidential.

I recommend you purchase the Joy of Sex. You can read it together for when you are ready to move forward. This is not about your sexual histories. It is about you becoming a couple with some health concerns.

Old 07-06-2015, 09:03 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
I recommend you experience the joy of sex.
When you are educated; and it is right for you.

And her!

Old 07-11-2015, 12:00 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
I'm in my early 30s and was wondering whether to seek a relationship with someone, who now leads a Christian life and is serious about following God but who contracted a STD (Herpes) from a past partner. Has anyone else had a similar experience they can share?
Emotionally and physically it's obviously a difficult process to go through as two Christians trying to overcome a complicated challenge such as this.
I can't speak as a christian, because I'm not.

What is important is not her past. It's who she is now. If you can't love her wholeheartedly for who she is now, then do her a big favor and get out of her life, so she can keep looking for someone who *can* love her wholeheartedly.

Lots of couples, christian and otherwise, deal with health issues, including STDs. That's just a question of finding a knowledgeable source and following advice.

Lots of couples, christian and otherwise, deal with differing levels of sexual experience. Again, that's just a question of finding a knowledgeable source and following advice. In your case, is there a spiritual advisor you both trust?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.