Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 01:11 PM

45,315 posts, read 26,834,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Read all of 15....
O..K... verse 12 is till the same. Chapter 9 verse 16 hasn't changed either.

What am I missing? Are we only allowed to have one apostle to minister to other nations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 01:12 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrydb View Post
hi Richard. I know that you realize that when God gave Moses the law that he had one witness with him. Aaron was allowed to come up to the top of the mountain with Moses.

So when I read that Paul received the vision from Christ there was also a witness his name was Ananias and in acts nine: 11-17. Are we going to call Ananias a liar? Jesus told Ananias that Paul was going to suffer for my name's sake. Paul did receive a thorn in his side to keep him humble because of the many revelations of the mysteries he received.

Born-again Jerry
Sure, that's what they say...Try to square all that with the TaNaKh...

Old 07-13-2015, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Hi Richard, it sounds like to me that you're doubting Luke are you?
Quote:
Yup...
And by extension... doubting the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21).

Old 07-13-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
O..K... verse 12 is till the same. Chapter 9 verse 16 hasn't changed either.

What am I missing? Are we only allowed to have one apostle to minister to other nations?
When Peter, who actually walked with Jesus, claims that is was he that was chosen by G-d to take the Gospel to the Nations, who are you going to believe?...

Old 07-13-2015, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
And by extension... doubting the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21).
The Holy Spirit told me the truth...

Old 07-13-2015, 02:08 PM

Quote:
When Peter, who actually walked with Jesus, claims that is was he that was chosen by G-d to take the Gospel to the Nations, who are you going to believe?...
OK... he did.

Paul is not allowed to minister to the Gentiles? Does Peter have an exclusivity clause in his apostleship documentation?

Quote:
The Holy Spirit told me the truth...
The Holy Spirit always tells the truth. That doesn't mean you or I will deviate on occasion...

You start doubting biblical authorship - that ain't the Holy Spirit.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:34 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,117,383 times
You guys need some help? Without knowing who the target audience is, your doctrine can get screwed up.

Christian Church Letters:

Romans
1 Corinthians
2 Corinthians
Galatians
Ephesians
Philippians
Colossians
1 Thessalonians
2 Thessalonians

Jewish Church Letters

Hebrews
James
1 Peter
2 Peter
1 John
2 John
3 John
Jude
Revelation

Old 07-13-2015, 02:46 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
I like a good mystery, don't you? This mystery is very important because at one time Gentiles had no hope of eternal life. John the Baptist, Jesus, and the 12 apostles all preached the gospel of the kingdom to Israel. This was not the gospel of grace that would later be preached by the apostle Paul to the churches composed mostly of Gentiles. Paul preached that Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead, but during Christ's earthly ministry, no one was preaching that message. It had not even happened yet. John the Baptist preached the gospel of the kingdom Matthew3:2 repent ye for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. Mark1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. This shows that before the cross the people of Israel could receive forgiveness of sins without even knowing that the Messiah would be put to death or would rise from the dead. John the Baptist preached and baptized with water in order to prepare Israel to receive the Messiah. John1:31 that he should be made manifest to Israel therefore am I come baptizing with water. Mark1:14-15.after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, the time is fulfilled and the kingdom of God is at hand repent ye and believe the gospel, the same gospel that John the Baptist preached. Jesus sent the12 apostles to preach only to Israel Matthew10:5-7 These 12 Jesus sent forth and commanded them saying, go not into the way of the Gentiles and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not, but go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as you go preach saying, the kingdom of heaven is at hand. The disciples were specifically told to go only to the people of Israel and they were not preaching anything about the death burial and resurrection of Christ. My dear brothers and sisters at this time, we Gentiles did not have hope of eternal life except to become a Jew and follow all the commandments, and rituals that the Jews had to follow.

Romans11:25 for I would not brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part is happened to Israel,UNTIL the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. That little word until means when the last Gentile or Jew has been saved into Christ's spiritual kingdom than God will deal again with his promises to Israel about a physical kingdom

Romans16:25 now to him that is the power to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began.

Why did God keep our gospel a secret for so long? 1 Corinthians2:7-8 but we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory, which none of the princes of this world,knew for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. So no one was allowed to know it, not Peter, the apostles, Judas, Pilate, or even Satan himself.

I know as I write this that there will be some skeptics and some people so entrenched in the teachings from the pulpit and elsewhere that will not believe this truth. All I can say is the Scripture. Rightly dividing the word of truth, if you do that you can understand the Bible with the Holy Spirit's help.

I spoke of the word UNTIL up above that is the GAP or postponement of Israel's physical kingdom here on earth

I write this to young believers who want to know the truth by rightly dividing, all of the Bible was written for us, but parts of the Bible were written to us especially.

born-again Jerry
Thanks for the post. The problem is you posted it in the Christianity section and there aren't many here who actually believe the bible. Sad. You know what you are talking about.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:48 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,887,131 times
Quote:
Peter and James also said they would be for the Circumcision and Paul for the nations in Galatians 2 and in Acts James said that they, the Circumcision, would no longer harass those of the nations.

Old 07-13-2015, 03:53 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,236,298 times
Quote:
What did JESUS say about the Law?...
You did not answer my question. I have no idea why. We can all find out what Jesus said about the law (according to the scriptures). However, you seem to be avoiding my question about what you regard as scriptures. This is the last time today I will ask, do you believe the Epistles in the New Testament are part of the holy scriptures? A simple yes or no will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity