Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 04:48 PM

1,422 posts, read 951,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I think G-d would disagree with you there...
I think "your idea of G()D disagrees with the other ideas of G()D" is the more truthful way of saying it.

That is because your idea of 'G-d's Word' is different to the other ideas of 'God's Word'

Jesus didn't appear to think your idea of G()D was a great one...

Yet another idea of G()D says this:

My voice will help you reconnect with me. It will enlarge your vision of my domain, purpose, and my unyielding love for each of my creation, no matter where or how you live. When I have spoken before to your planet, it was through a prism of personalities that bent my voice and colored its tone. My mind’s voice will not travel to your world unless it is transmitted through my creation and translated into word-symbols your mind can grasp. My heart’s voice penetrates all worlds without translation as a sub-photonic light and inter-dimensional vibration that produces sound. ~ First Source

Although strictly speaking First Source is not a 'G()D' but that which creates G()Ds...nonetheless the above is reminiscent of words attributed to having been spoken by Jesus about his 'father' and what his 'father' told him.

I think if the ripple effect which Jesus created had of stayed purely 'Jewish' then those words might have been covered up and hidden by that which organizes Judaism. Bend and distort seems to been the traditional function of organised religious hierarchy in relation to what G()D is, says and agrees with.

G()D obviously wanted Jesus to have more attention than Judaism allows and to message the world that G()D was accessibly to individuals, even individuals outside of Judaism and that no one was any more special to G()D than anyone else.

At least that is something of the message I get from words attributed to Jesus...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 04:51 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No...Really...Bring it on...
You're using the TaNaKh, I'm using the bible - apples and oranges. Does your TaNaKh have a record of the old testament as we see in the bible? I'm trying to speak a language that you'll understand.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:53 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I only "attack" bigoted fundamentalists -- a tiny sub-sect of Christianity.

They know who they are.

Most Christians are a-ok by me.
Well if the definition of fundamentalism is belief in a literal Bible then you are wrong again. It is a majority of Christians.

Old 07-16-2015, 04:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well if the definition of fundamentalism is belief in a literal Bible then you are wrong again. It is a majority of Christians.
Not true, not all Christians are fundamentalists.

Old 07-16-2015, 05:10 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
You have a guru named Andrew Womack. Is he the guru of the majority of Christians?

Old 07-16-2015, 06:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
well if the definition of fundamentalism is belief in a literal bible then you are wrong again. It is a majority of christians.
lol!

Old 07-16-2015, 06:41 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times
Without reading all the entries, and not trying to be insulting, I often skim through this section to see what kind of woo some people actually discuss. Often it leaves me shaking my head.

Those that know me of where I post, will rarely see me start a thread in the Christian section, nor do I respond to post here often at all.

I leave that normally to the general section, where we seem to get more traffic. However, I must admit, there are just some days where I need my sense of humor restored, and I'll come into this sub forum.

Old 07-16-2015, 07:01 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
You certainly go about it in an un-Christian-like fashion. Mockery and insulting are not fruits of the spirit.
true

Old 07-16-2015, 07:09 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
lol!

Hmmm what snappy comeback will you think of once you hit zero?

Old 07-16-2015, 07:12 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,925,052 times
My faith is not in the bible, but in the person Jesus Christ the bible speaks of and the Holy Spirit Jesus provide believers to be taught God's will.
A promise God made in Jeremiah 31;31,32,33,34,
A promise that those as unbelievers, will never know for them self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity