Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 02:05 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Heterosexuality doesn't fall under the umbrella of sexual immorality. God designed our bodies, minds and spirits to function in the realm of heterosexuality.
Once more--Chapter and verse if you please? Where does it explicitly state--God designed our bodies, minds and spirits to function in the realm of heterosexuality
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2015, 02:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Blood is what makes us physically related and that's a big deal for most people.
Except when it's not. Which it isn't to the people who adopt children or step up to provide foster care. God bless each and every one of them.

Fundamentalism: Where the men need to proves their masculinity by producing children with their own sperm.

The non-fundie world: Where real men and women open their hearts and love the kids someone else made.

Old 07-27-2015, 02:26 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Genesis 1;27,28,

Old 07-27-2015, 02:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Once more--Chapter and verse if you please? Where does it explicitly state--God designed our bodies, minds and spirits to function in the realm of heterosexuality
Genesis. He created Adam and Eve. He didn't create Adam and Steve. That may sound crass, but nowhere in Scripture is it EVER suggested that marriage is anything but male/female. Even when multiple wives were allowed, it was a man and his wife and his wife and his wife.

When Jesus was given a chance ot address it, what did he do? He affirmed the Biblical view of marriage. He did not suggest in any way that same sex marriage was God's will, or that it should be allowed.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Genesis. He created Adam and Eve. He didn't create Adam and Steve. That may sound crass, but nowhere in Scripture is it EVER suggested that marriage is anything but male/female. Even when multiple wives were allowed, it was a man and his wife and his wife and his wife.

When Jesus was given a chance ot address it, what did he do? He affirmed the Biblical view of marriage. He did not suggest in any way that same sex marriage was God's will, or that it should be allowed.
Genesis deals with procreation and making babies...not long term relationships and surely not as a mandate. The only mandate given to Adam and Eve Duggar was to MULTIPLY (like rabbits) and populate the earth..obviousy something SSM cannot do...

Thanks for paying another round of JUSTIFY DISCRIMINATION BASED ON NON-Existent VERSES..

Please feel free to try again..Because Genesis dos not expressly FORBID SSM...when I read "between" the lines I see SEX, BABY MAKING and poopy diapers (or what ever was used--FIG LEAVES??

Nothing prohibiting SSM or LGBTQ folks from having equality..

Jesus spoke about DIVORCE in response to another stupid question asked by the Pharisees...

Old 07-27-2015, 04:37 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Genesis deals with procreation and making babies...not long term relationships and surely not as a mandate. The only mandate given to Adam and Eve Duggar was to MULTIPLY (like rabbits) and populate the earth..obviousy something SSM cannot do...
Find for me in Genesis 2 WHY God created Eve. Do you know? It wasn't just to have babies.

Old 07-27-2015, 04:54 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Find for me in Genesis 2 WHY God created Eve. Do you know? It wasn't just to have babies.
OUTstanding observation! And the point is that marriage is not just about procreation, but about a relationship. That part is best fulfilled by a person who meets the attraction element of the beginning and continuous part sex plays in that relationship apart from procreation.

Old 07-27-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Then what was the other majestic reason? To cook dinners and clean the cave?

Old 07-27-2015, 05:30 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Interesting that he thinks God speaks to him.

But he makes a great point. I absolutely agree that we gloss over the sinful behavior of many people in the church. But why the false dichotomy? We are to call people to repentance regardless of the sin. I agree that the church has completely failed in that regard.

But he also demonstrated a lack of understanding of the Mosaic Law. He seemed to dismiss homosexuality as a sin because it's from Leviticus, but completely ignored the fact that Jesus did preach the Biblical definition of marriage.
What Jesus preached has to do with divorce not homosexuality...

Old 07-27-2015, 05:35 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I've asked several times for somebody to quote the Biblical DEFINITION of marriage, but all I ever get are references to a wedding, a bride, etc. No definition. I thought one of these people who know the Bible so well would know where the definition is.
You are not going to find it because homosexuality didn't exist back then, don't ya know?...I do know however that a gay man can't travel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity