Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 09:23 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,179,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Prior to 1973 the DSM identified gay as a disorder for insurance reimbursement. Gay guy comes in with life issues, he was diagnosed based on being gay. The only problem was that gay was not the presenting problem. Gay was who the person was. The problem was cultural, or family or life issues or deeper mental health issues.

Some of us realized this, and the push for change was on. We changed, and dragged our colleagues kicking and screaming into the future where they remain today.

The DSM was the Bible. But, this bible undergoes growth spurts as we increase our knowledge of human behavior. We learned LGBTQ was not a behavior. You can change behavior.

You cannot change your heterosexuality any more than a gay man can become one.
The pedophile says he can't change, either. Do we make accomodation for them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 09:30 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,915,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How many times do we have to go over this. Sexual acts between two consenting adults no matter who they are, is not an issue.

Please explain exactly how pedophile interacts sexually with a consenting adult?

Old 07-31-2015, 09:32 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
A pedophile was NOT born a pedophile and their crime is FORCIBLE ABUSE, when will the fundie brick wall realize these red herrings are not even arguments but a form of willful oppression and just another way to justify their bigotry by spreading FEAR and TERROR through the community using abstract and irrelevant comparisons that are not only LOGICALLY FLAWED, buy are a slap in the face of God...because God gave everyone a BRAIN and I am pretty darn sure it is his expectation that we USE OUR BRAIN and NOT play the part of a fool.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:45 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,639,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
How many times do we have to go over this. Sexual acts between two consenting adults no matter who they are, is not an issue.

Please explain exactly how pedophile interacts sexually with a consenting adult?
Our friend has run out of answers, so he is changing the topic to pedophiles. Great tactic.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:45 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:
When we create same sex marriage to suit gay people, that's what we are doing. When we start saying it's ok for a man dressed as a woman to use a woman's bathroom, we are legislating based on psychological disorder. Instead of helping them with the delusion, we instead further it. That's not a good thing.

Please just stop it. You're looking foolish at this point. No one is trying to "keep the lgbaldi1-9ald communtiy quiet".

Why? Should I worry about a man in the next toilet stall? Is he doing something different than the rest of us? Have I missed something?

Go to the bathroom, wash hands with soap, dry hands, check for paper on shoes. Make sure your dress is not stuck in pantyhose or underwear. Check hair and make-up. Straighten the tie, and make adjustments in the lay of the pants. Leave the bathroom.

They do leave the seats up, though. Very inconvenient in the middle of the night.
But, that is simply a matter of training, because men do not need to stand up to pee when using the toilet.

Your belief that gay is a delusion is not based in truth, and not based in practice. However this may be your personal delusion about the gay community.

Delusions, as long as they do not interfere with your daily functioning, and the functioning of others is fine.

Old 07-31-2015, 09:50 AM

Quote:
One is against the law, and the other is not. It is that simple. How are you equating LGBTQ with pedophilia?

Old 07-31-2015, 09:53 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,319,539 times
Quote:
Why? Should I worry about a man in the next toilet stall? Is he doing something different than the rest of us? Have I missed something?

Go to the bathroom, wash hands with soap, dry hands, check for paper on shoes. Make sure your dress is not stuck in pantyhose or underwear. Check hair and make-up. Straighten the tie, and make adjustments in the lay of the pants. Leave the bathroom.

They do leave the seats up, though. Very inconvenient in the middle of the night.
But, that is simply a matter of training, because men do not need to stand up to pee when using the toilet.

Your belief that gay is a delusion is not based in truth, and not based in practice. However this may be your personal delusion about the gay community.

Delusions, as long as they do not interfere with your daily functioning, and the functioning of others is fine.

Both my wife and I not only leave the seat down but also the lid. Too many years of having dogs and cats have trained us both. Also that way everyone is at the same disadvantage.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Both my wife and I not only leave the seat down but also the lid. Too many years of having dogs and cats have trained us both. Also that way everyone is at the same disadvantage.
My very first cat, used the toilet. No box. It took us a few weeks to realize who was not flushing.
My father put a cat door on the half bath. Cat lived twenty years. Never did learn to flush..

Old 07-31-2015, 10:03 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,319,539 times
Quote:
My very first cat, used the toilet. No box. It took us a few weeks to realize who was not flushing.
My father put a cat door on the half bath. Cat lived twenty years. Never did learn to flush..

You should be proud of having a cat that was into conservation of water.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
you should be proud of having a cat that was into conservation of water.

lol :d:d:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity