Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2015, 10:19 AM

10,072 posts, read 5,687,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
A pedophile was NOT born a pedophile and their crime is FORCIBLE ABUSE, when will the fundie brick wall realize these red herrings are not even arguments but a form of willful oppression and just another way to justify their bigotry by spreading FEAR and TERROR through the community using abstract and irrelevant comparisons that are not only LOGICALLY FLAWED, buy are a slap in the face of God...because God gave everyone a BRAIN and I am pretty darn sure it is his expectation that we USE OUR BRAIN and NOT play the part of a fool.
Ok I guess sexual orientation isn't programmed at birth then. We are all born and designed to be hetereosexual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
[/b]
Because gay men are no different that you. Gay is normal, not abby normal.

They put their pants on one foot at a time. They stand when they pee. The leave the seat up. They mow the lawn. They comb their children's hair in the morning for school. They hit the gym.

One difference other than your cliche's of flamboyance, and lisping is you are heterosexual and they are not.

You pay taxes, They pay taxes. No difference between you. They should have the same rights and responsibilities. They take on the responsibilities. Now full status is coming.

As long as religion does not interfere with their rights, it can solve and delve into the mystery of gay identity. It may have to remain a great mystery for you to ponder. Or, not.

LGBTQ should not have to wait for their rights, because you have a question, and were given an answer you do not care for.
Ok they are normal in the sense that they are equal human beings, perfectly designed by God to be unique with talents and gifts. OTOH, their sexual behavior is not normal. They choose to make sexual behavior a part of their identity, essentially separating themselves from the norm of society. Then complain when we don't want to go along with everything they do like gay weddings.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
But it is you that is calling it a pychological disorder. The medical community corrected their errors 4 decades ago. The only special rights they have is they are not thrown in jail or executed for bieng gay. That is real special. You simply believe that your religious beliefs is sufficient enough of an excuse for gays to be denied equal rights, the right for housing, to purchase goods and services and the right to get married and raise a family. Those are not special rights. It is only by twisting words around and playing word games that you can show any special rights for them. But your word games are very transparent, they are just word games.

It is you that wants special rights. You want the world to have to follow Vizio's interpretation of the Bible, not a interpretation of the Bible but only the one you agree with. You are not special, you have the same rights as any other American, no more and no less. Currently you have more rights than do gays depending on where you live. In parts of your country a gay can be fired, denied accomodations or goods and services simply because they are gay. You think that it is a special right for gays if they are treated like Vizio in those areas?

You do not get it only because you do not want to get it. If they would just stay in the closet, be happy with being discriminated agaisnt and either stay celibrate or pretend to be straight and marry someone who they have no sexual attraction to all would be fine. You no longer get to decide that they must live their life as a lie. You are not an expert on psychological disorders are you? If not why do you get to declare them as such?

Don't welcome them in your church no problem but when you wish to expand your religious beleifs into the lifes of them and their relatives there seems to be a bit of a problem.

Still complaining about equal rights? Give me some examples of these equal rights that heterosexuals have, but gay people don't. Are they not allowed to vote? Equal pay? Denied access to basic needs and services?
The only big road block was gay marriage and you have it now. So exactly what rights are Christians trying to take away?

Old 07-31-2015, 10:31 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,286,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Ok I guess sexual orientation isn't programmed at birth then. We are all born and designed to be hetereosexual.
Or zthatzmanz28 is mistaken or the reason for homosexuality is not the same as for pedophilia. Or there can be other explainations. Therefore you are once again making a wild assumption based on only your own personal beliefs without any backing. You live in a binary world where there seems to be only two choices, left or right, your view of the Bible or hating the Bible, moral or immoral. The world is really grey.

As you do not like answering my other questions I have an easy one for you, have you booked your flight to San Fran yet? That is a joke before you get too upset.

And for the poster who mentioned New Orleans in relation to the festival Jeff brought to our attention and the flashing of boobs, two provinces in Canada allow women to be topless in Canada whereever men can be. More special rights I guess.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:31 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Deletedpedophilia is NOT a SEXUAL ORIENTATION...any more that being aroused by killing a lion is programmed at birth..

When did you decide to be heterosexual, not that I am assuming you are, it is perfectly acceptable to be who you are. Jeff-free-base, there is nothing wrong or immoral about being part of the LGBTQ community..

Last edited by june 7th; 07-31-2015 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: Insult

Old 07-31-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Still complaining about equal rights? Give me some examples of these equal rights that heterosexuals have, but gay people don't. Are they not allowed to vote? Equal pay? Denied access to basic needs and services?
The only big road block was gay marriage and you have it now. So exactly what rights are Christians trying to take away?

In the State of Texas other than by city bylaw they can be denied the right to rent an apartment or can be evicted from their apartment if the landlord finds out they are gay. The same goes for purchasing goods and services. They can also be fired if they are gay just because they are gay. It is not that some Christians are trying to take away those rights but are trying to keep them from obtaining those rights. That is true in several other states.

You are still complaining about the fact that gays got the right to marry and see that as an attack on your religion. Why should your intrepetation of the Bible allow you to deny others the same rights you have?

And some rights are not legal rights, like the right to belong to a community without others trying to make your life as unhappy as they can. This is not exclusively a gay problem but everyone should be judged by who they are as an indivudal in how they are accepted by society not as part of a group. Most minorities have gone through this and many are still going through it. I am not saying that you Jeff have to accept them as individuals they should be able to live where they want, shop where they want, run for office where they can without being run over by those who simply oppose them beccaue they are gay. With the amount of false information you post against gays I cannot see you accepting them as equal to you.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,098,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
..., pedophilia is NOT a SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Why not? The pedophile will tell you that they were born that way. They will tell you they can't change.

Old 07-31-2015, 10:57 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,584,007 times
Jeff. Where are you getting your information about pedophila from?

Old 07-31-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why not? The pedophile will tell you that they were born that way.

And they might be I do not know but why is almost all discussions about homosexuality morph into a discussion of pedophilia and bestiality? And the same reasons are given to not include them, consenting adults. I think some of you think of homosexuals only in their sexual activities and not outside of them having sex. Me I never think of them having sex.

Old 07-31-2015, 11:02 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,075,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Why not? The pedophile will tell you that they were born that way. They will tell you they can't change.
So you believe your god-n-the-tiny-box would actually "create" people who would intentionally do harm to a child?

That is way too twisted and SICK to even argue against...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity