Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2015, 07:59 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Ok .. so you need help
Yes I did, but it was due to your inability to write a coherent sentence and not to any flaws in my reading comprehension.
Quote:
1)
"but by "discuss" you clearly mean "agree." ~Katzpur
I originally commented with:
"You of all people should not be complaining about Vizio's insisting when you do no less"
Interpretation: You apparently do not see in yourself the same premise of attitude while engaging to any person that doesn't automatically "agree" .... thus the "when you do no less"

2)
"Because to you, any disagreement with your personal perspective constitutes trolling." ~ Katzpur
I originally commented with:
"other than disagreement with you comes with the howls of bashing"
Interpretation: unlike you, Vizio doesn't just have only a platform of disagreement, nor does he have the ready stand by defense of ..."oh you're bashing my religion" proven stop gap method, while relying on the sympathetic usual amigos crying "you're bashing-bashing" that one can expect to coming running like a water boy. ... thus the "with you comes with the howls of bashing"
Vizio said, "Discuss, yes. Troll? No." I have never accused people who disagree with my position of being trolls. That is exactly what Vizio was doing. Furthermore, I have never accused people whose interpretations of the Bible to be different from mine to belong to a pseudo-Christian cult. That is also what Vizio did when he said, "And it would be nice to have actual discussions of Christianity, and not pseudo-christian cults." Everybody is entitled to post on this forum, and nobody has the right to label anybody who claims to be a Christian otherwise.

Don't make this thread personal, twin.

Last edited by Katzpur; 07-29-2015 at 08:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 08:05 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basiliximab View Post
Just more evidence that people don't want to hear the truth, just what sounds good to them. So much of what the non-believer says confirms biblical truth. It is clear that they, too are servants of God like Nebuchadnezzar was when he was persecuting Christians. Evidence of the sovereignty of God--it is amazing to see this in day to day life.
On the other hand, it would appear that the Christian God was asleep at the controls during the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage. Maybe he had the day off?

Old 07-29-2015, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
On the other hand, it would appear that the Christian God was asleep at the controls during the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage. Maybe he had the day off?
Or maybe He lets people run their own governments.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:15 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
[/indent]I'm sure there is no Baptist church or Calvary Chapel that holds the view that there could conceivably be any errors in a bunch of centuries-old writings that have been preserved, compiled, transcribed, translated and interpreted by human beings, but I can assure you that a great many Christians (far from all of them LDS) do believe that the Bible, while inspired by God, is not inerrant in its present form.
But that is you operating on a faulty premise of what a Christian foundation consists of.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:22 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I have never accused people who disagree with my position of being trolls. That is exactly what Vizio was doing. Furthermore, I have never accused people whose interpretations of the Bible to be different from mine to belong to a pseudo-Christian cult. That is also what Vizio did when he said, "And it would be nice to have actual discussions of Christianity, and not pseudo-christian cults."
Katzpur, bashing has never been your mode of operation.
Unlike, some of those on this forum - every chance they get.

Cats purr,
it's a natural healing mechanism; dogs bark!

Their mostly territorial, believing they are protecting Christianity?

Last edited by Jerwade; 07-29-2015 at 08:30 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 08:23 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
After posting on the CD Christianity forum for several years, I've pretty much moved on and only check back occasionally to see if anything has changed. Things have even gotten worse as it appears that more and more Bible-believing Christians are abandoning the CD Christianity 'free-for-all.' Every time sound doctrine appears, the Bible detractors and false teachers pile on, to the point where this entire forum is filled with those offering nothing, but, 'clever' comebacks and false doctrine. But, I guess that is consistent with scripture teaching that, 'there will come a time when people will no longer endure sound doctrine.'

As long as there is a God and a recognized, authoritative 'truth standard', what everyone 'thinks' is nothing more than 'relative truth', which is really 'no truth at all.' Everything Christians know about God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and God's ways, truths, plans, purpose and promises -- comes from scripture/the Bible. The Bible does not contradict itself, nor do God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit contradict one another ... except, of course, in the minds and words of those presenting a different doctrine. This is not about people having different views of what scripture says, but, rather, about those who have abandoned scripture altogether --- except for giving it lip-service. Yes, 'Sound Doctrine' has all, but, left the CD Christianity forum 'building.'
And that is why I have "left the building" too.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:28 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It's ok. Not all claims can withstand public scrutiny.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:33 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post

You're restricting God, who you don't believe exists, to the God of the Fundamentalists.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
After posting on the CD Christianity forum for several years, I've pretty much moved on and only check back occasionally to see if anything has changed. Things have even gotten worse as it appears that more and more Bible-believing Christians are abandoning the CD Christianity 'free-for-all.' Every time sound doctrine appears, the Bible detractors and false teachers pile on, to the point where this entire forum is filled with those offering nothing, but, 'clever' comebacks and false doctrine. But, I guess that is consistent with scripture teaching that, 'there will come a time when people will no longer endure sound doctrine.'

As long as there is a God and a recognized, authoritative 'truth standard', what everyone 'thinks' is nothing more than 'relative truth', which is really 'no truth at all.' Everything Christians know about God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and God's ways, truths, plans, purpose and promises -- comes from scripture/the Bible. The Bible does not contradict itself, nor do God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit contradict one another ... except, of course, in the minds and words of those presenting a different doctrine. This is not about people having different views of what scripture says, but, rather, about those who have abandoned scripture altogether --- except for giving it lip-service. Yes, 'Sound Doctrine' has all, but, left the CD Christianity forum 'building.'
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
It's difficult to have an open-mind with clenched fists.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
But that is you operating on a faulty premise of what a Christian foundation consists of.
Really? My premise is that the foundation of Christianity is the Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world. It's that's a false premise, He has a lot of people fooled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity