Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:52 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I have never failed to answer legitimate points concerning my posts.
Nor have I have used childish reactions as an excuse to run.

This is not about me. This is about the mental midgets coming here and having fun at the expense of wrecking threads in the Christianity forum.
Perhaps you should own the reason you come then. You either claim the title of mental midget, or come here to feel superior to them. All in the name of Christianity, or ego? ahahahahaha

You do not own Christianity. Or........ do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 11:54 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
....This is about the mental midgets coming here and having fun at the expense of wrecking threads in the Christianity forum.
The OP states that it is about "'clever' comebacks and false doctrine." Then, I note that the next full paragraph of the OP presents a false doctrine, so what can you expect?

Old 07-28-2015, 01:11 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The OP states that it is about "'clever' comebacks and false doctrine." Then, I note that the next full paragraph of the OP presents a false doctrine, so what can you expect?
Yep.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:12 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,958,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Perhaps you should own the reason you come then. You either claim the title of mental midget, or come here to feel superior to them. All in the name of Christianity, or ego? ahahahahaha

You do not own Christianity. Or........ do you?
You continue to do the very thing the OP claims ones such as you do. Thank you for proving his point.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
After posting on the CD Christianity forum for several years, I've pretty much moved on and only check back occasionally to see if anything has changed. Things have even gotten worse as it appears that more and more Bible-believing Christians are abandoning the CD Christianity 'free-for-all.' Every time sound doctrine appears, the Bible detractors and false teachers pile on, to the point where this entire forum is filled with those offering nothing, but, 'clever' comebacks and false doctrine. But, I guess that is consistent with scripture teaching that, 'there will come a time when people will no longer endure sound doctrine.'

As long as there is a God and a recognized, authoritative 'truth standard', what everyone 'thinks' is nothing more than 'relative truth', which is really 'no truth at all.' Everything Christians know about God, Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and God's ways, truths, plans, purpose and promises -- comes from scripture/the Bible. The Bible does not contradict itself, nor do God, Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit contradict one another ... except, of course, in the minds and words of those presenting a different doctrine. This is not about people having different views of what scripture says, but, rather, about those who have abandoned scripture altogether --- except for giving it lip-service. Yes, 'Sound Doctrine' has all, but, left the CD Christianity forum 'building.'
This forum's free-for-all happened for another simple reason which can be summed up this way, when it is said that
this is not a "Christian" forum ... it's "about Christianity"
what the attitude is really be conveyed is that with a wink - wink :
this is not a "Christian" forum ... it's what's wrong "about Christianity"
or
this is not a "Christian" forum ... it's "a bout (against) Christianity"
so this way the people who want to pass themselves off hard working and love and peace advocates can let others throw stones while acting like as pure as the wind driven snow.

Old 07-28-2015, 04:43 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,611,869 times
Quote:
You continue to do the very thing the OP claims ones such as you do. Thank you for proving his point.
I have never spread false doctrine. What gives you that idea. I take issue when your doctrine, is used to discriminate against the LGBTQ community. That does not work for me, and my faith.

You on the other hand do not take responsibility for your participation. You whine about posting less. boo-hoo.... Yet, you participate hating every minuted of it?

You whine about six year old's and how tiring they are. You clutch your pearls, and get the vapors. Posting to discuss Christianity must be exhausting. I recommend naps, when posting gets you cranky.

I will call you on it every time, with the offer of cake, or cookies.

Old 07-28-2015, 10:15 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,030,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
But a consistent and absolute standard of morality and God's truth has entered . . . agape love as unambiguously demonstrated by Christ.
Quote:
You are changing the focus away from the puerile remarks by the mentally challenged who come here and do nothing to add to the conversation and now focusing on our God.
Quote:
This is not about me. This is about the mental midgets coming here and having fun at the expense of wrecking threads in the Christianity forum.
Whoa, Eusebius! From whence comes this arrogance. You have just made it about you. Your posts are filled with nonsense and irrational musings as explanations for the inexplicable beliefs you hold. We have no idea what bona fides you would even claim to have let alone any indication at all within your myriad posts that you have any intellectual accomplishments or significant knowledge whatsoever. Yet you accuse others here of being mentally challenged or mental midgets???? Given the absolute nonsense you are willing to believe to support your views of a literal Bible, if anyone's sanity or intellectual acumen is in question it would be yours.

Old 07-28-2015, 11:47 PM

1,505 posts, read 1,378,237 times
Quote:
I have never failed to answer legitimate points concerning my posts.
Nor have I have used childish reactions as an excuse to run.

Being somewhere between a liberal and conservative Christian myself who prefers more to observe than to post, I like to think of myself a pretty decent judge of the overall weight of one's argument and maturity (I could be wrong though ;p ) That being said, I would have to disagree with what you often consider a "legitimate points" especially when I've seen you post on homosexuality and creation vs evolution. To me, you often become as presumptuous as any fundamentalist and refuse to open you mind to other possibilities or consider the big picture moral and logical implications of your arguments and they often get pummeled as a result.

This saddens me because I know you're better than that. Your defense of and moral/logical/biblical arguments for universal reconciliation are some of the best I've seen so I know you're able to look beyond the borders of fear mongering ultra-fundamentalism. You're a pioneer in your own right, don't wreck it by having too much in common with that "old guy with his eyes glued to Foxnews wishing the 50s never ended" stereotype. I play part time in a rockabilly band so I can identify with at least a part of that last statement lol

In regards to the OP, I will admit I've seen an overall increase in sarcasm and belittling of faith and person over the past few months on both sides...and while I haven't directly counted posts, I do feel as if a bit more if it is coming from the liberal/atheist side lately ...come guys, I know their arguments often suck and they often sound like fairytales, but no one's going to be able to argue/discuss well if their POed. I'm probably guilty of this as well given my very sarcastic nature.

I'm very busy this week so I'll stop back when I can. Discuss...

Old 07-29-2015, 04:48 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,172,148 times
I've tried to back my points with what I believe to be the standard of Christianity - the bible - but am continually dismissed; that was the reason I started the thread about why "unChristians" came to this forum.

Perhaps there should be a sub-forum created based on the Bible(?) But wouldn't that necessitate Christianity being the sub-forum to the Bible, and the Bible being the main forum?

I'm confused about this situation, but I've never been more sure about what I believe.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
I've tried to back my points with what I believe to be the standard of Christianity - the bible - but am continually dismissed; that was the reason I started the thread about why "unChristians" came to this forum.

Perhaps there should be a sub-forum created based on the Bible(?) But wouldn't that necessitate Christianity being the sub-forum to the Bible, and the Bible being the main forum?

I'm confused about this situation, but I've never been more sure about what I believe.
As are many of us. We have all lived in the shadows of organized religion for years. We have allowed others to hijack our God and we have watched as others have turned a ONCE LOVING, MERCIFUL and JUST GOD into a hateful, jealous and vengeful god-n-the-tiny-box.

We have always existed on the edge, being told we had to accept conformity and e had to change our thinking--and surrender our FREE WILL and accept the "wisdom" of the commentaries.

We stood silently as our benevolent God was forced into the box of DISCRIMINATION and EXCLUSION, despite the fact He has and always will be demanding society continue to serve the poor.

And when we remind the church of the prime directive, we are told the poor will always be with us so why bother. We are told the kids will all die eventually so why bother trying to stop the violence st the schools. We are told God love those who prosper, and those who prosper love God.

When we give food and clothes to the poor, we are called humanitarians.

When we ask why the people are poor, we are called anti-christian and jesus haters...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity