Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 10:44 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
We were protected by the chalk board and sitting crossed-leg with our arms over our heads. I think the crossed-leg business kept Khrushchev from pushing the button during the Cuban Missile Crisis. He must have known his targets would be impervious to nuclear weapons.

Not to mention the smog was a lot worse in the sixties. If pollution is a sign of the end times.....stricter emission controls must really upset the people waiting for the end to come.
Yep LA is a little better BUT China is now a mess and far worse than LA was (Yes people living in Calif think they are the center of the world), soooo even though pollution is not mentioned it is ruining the earth, and that was mentioned.

Hard to ignore truth, unless someone wants to.

Last edited by expatCA; 07-30-2015 at 10:53 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Homosexuality being legitimate is not the beginning of the End Times, and many of us do not even believe in the "Rapture". That said, something evil is coming and it will be here far sooner than most think. It is why a very large number of people have begun preparing for a future that may not be all peaches and cream, heck a Billion dollar industry has arisen due to so many having a feeling that they need to be better prepared for whatever may come. Do not try and guess the hour and time and do not prepare for one scenario but be as ready as you can be both physically and spiritually and enjoy life to its fullest, wee do not know what the future will bring.
Yes.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Trippy.

Fundamentalist Christianity is a bad drug.
Maybe, but truth is still truth and ... man is only ruining the earth now and we have known it would come for 2000 years. At least those who read the Bible with understanding have known.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Yep LA is a little better BUT China is now a mess and far worse than LA was (Yes people living in Calif think they are the center of the world), soooo even though pollution is not mentioned it is ruining the earth, and that was mentioned.

Hard to ignore truth, unless someone wants to.
I quit listening to the end times hoo ha predictions when I saw they were believed by superstitious, under-educated people who spent their hard-earned money on books written by Hal Lindsey (who made a ton of money being totally wrong)....instead of science and history texts.

Forty years later the end-timers are spending their hard-earned money on books about red moons....and those books aren't science books. SMH.

An uneducated populace will believe the stupidest stuff.

Old 07-30-2015, 12:37 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Homosexuality being legitimate is not the beginning of the End Times, and many of us do not even believe in the "Rapture". That said, something evil is coming and it will be here far sooner than most think. It is why a very large number of people have begun preparing for a future that may not be all peaches and cream, heck a Billion dollar industry has arisen due to so many having a feeling that they need to be better prepared for whatever may come. Do not try and guess the hour and time and do not prepare for one scenario but be as ready as you can be both physically and spiritually and enjoy life to its fullest, wee do not know what the future will bring.
Yes a billion dollar industry that is thriving off of folk who fear everything from what they read in the bible, what they hear on the nightly news and what they are taking heed to being preached from the pulpits. What the fearful fear will come upon them.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:28 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times
My view is that we are at the end of a certain era and entering into a new age or era. It is possible we are on the cusp of the 6th major extinction. Look that up on Google and educate yourself on the history of earth's mass extinctions.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:39 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times
I think there are many forces bringing about a possible mass extinction that man will find it hard to survive. Global warming, the heating up of the atmosphere combined with extreme over-population are two of the major factors bringing this about. We also have ton's of nuclear weapons in the hands of most of the major nations - and crumbling infrastructure which could lead to major catastrophes from storms (already has, I should say). And the crumbling infrastructure also makes our water supply unsafe. Speaking of the water supply - we are having water wars already. The oceans are becoming ever more acidic due to the carbon output which makes them unable to sustain life within (for the fishes) and without (giving off less oxygen for us as well). Most democracies, particularly the U.S. is really an Oligarchy - the rich rule and hold the majority of the wealth while the middle class continues shrinking and the poor can hardly even get by. This inequality of resources leads to more crime and anger, suicides, mass shootings, etc... Society is crumbling, but it is not because of sexuality. I think we are in some serious trouble, yes.

http://www.sciencealert.com/it-s-off...ass-extinction

Old 08-01-2015, 02:12 PM

1,146 posts, read 648,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzyzekes View Post
that it is the beginning of the end times, what with craziness going on like constant shootings, crazy weather, things like Bruce Jenner and all this homosexuality nonsense < I call it like I see it> I feel like we are seeing some signs of the times. Plus the gospel is being preached everywhere and that was one of the signs mentioned in the Bible. I'm not sure its time for the rapture yet, and I do not know if we will see it in our life time. What does every one think? Remember no man knows the day or the hour. Please don't bash me, I have a right to my thought as well.
Judgment is coming and no false hope in fantasies like the rapture will provide an escape. Christians will suffer too. The only hope for any of us is to repent and to deny the pet sins that ensare us.

IF GOD DOES NOT JUDGE AMERICA HE WILL HAVE TO APOLOGIZE TO SODOM AND GOMORRAH.

We have all of us contributed to the wrath of God, Christians as well as sinners. We have all of us given our allegiance to wickedness and debauchery in high as well as low places. We will all eat and drink of the wrath of God upon America. It is coming and it is coming soon. REPENT now.

I used to think that judgment would 'pass over' Christians, but after the events of Charleston I no longer believe this. Those gentle and good folk have passed on to their Lord and Savior and the only good thing that one can say for this is that their eyes will not see what is coming upon the rest of us. But we will.

The message of Charleston is not about a flag or a nut case with a gun. It is about Christians NOT being immune to the terrible society American has become. Pay attention, Christians. Your salvation is in the blood of the lamb, not Star Wars or rapture heresy. Sticking your head in the sand will not make it go away. Stand up and open your eyes and repent. NOW.

Moses led his people through the desert. There were no shortcuts then and there are no shortcuts now. God does not deal in escapism, but in hard truth and deeds. God was with the Hebrews in the desert and He will be with those who trust in Him. There is no way to delay or deny it.

The air is tense with expectation. Even secular voices are raised in saying that something terrible is approaching America. No one knows what it is, but when it comes those of us who survive will initially be very confused and angry at God. Eventually, those among us who are rational and not subject to hysteria will admit we had it coming. We've asked for it and the righteous hand of God will be justified in its act.

Do not seek escapism except in humble petition to God for forgiveness and personal mercy. He will grant it to many, but not to all. Seek ye first the Kingdom of God. Perhaps your continued life may be granted as reward.

and that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Last edited by Choir Loft; 08-01-2015 at 02:24 PM..

Old 08-01-2015, 08:08 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,708,541 times
The end times began shortly after time began and we are one day closer every day that goes by---even if multi-billions of days have already passed.

But those who have been set free from bondage by the love of Christ in their hearts know how it all turns out--and can rejoice without wishing it to be here sooner to prove we are "right," and without concern for it as it only detracts from witnessing to the joy of God in one's life TODAY.

Old 08-01-2015, 08:39 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,483,961 times
Absolutely!

Check out these videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_DqdG_OfCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI3Wdp2T3yQ

Shabbat Shalom,

Mahrie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity