Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 11:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Quick to judge... People make assessments all of the time. You guys like to use that whole quick to judge line whenever you don't like what you hear - but all of you are guilty of doing the same thing. I just don't whine about it because I understand that people will judge stuff.

Your statement above says Christ doesn't matter. You chose not to answer my question on the other thread - like I did for you - so yeah, I made an assessment on your statement, just like you do.

At least I did not insult you like you just did to me. Nice display of love there...
The coke just blew out my nose all overthe key board....

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 10-15-2017 at 09:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
It's almost not about fundies or not. It's about pure logical reasoning. Please re-read if you failed to grasp.

The logic is rather simple. If there's not a bad consequence, you don't even need to know who Jesus is. If a bad consequence exists, it will normal to see measures and efforts (disregarding what they are) be taken to avoid the message to be distorted.
comprehension is a friend of ours, he can help you when the words are hard.

Grasping is one thing, lack of understanding is a whole other deficit?

Old 08-07-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
hell is just an example of an extremely bad consequences. Why don't you just name same other consequences you consider as bad.

Basically, you don't need any religion or God or Jesus if it's not because of an extremely bad consequence. You can just live the rest of your life whichever way you'd like, then all will be done. That's the logic. In this case, a religion/God/Jesus become optional to humans.

If such an extremely bad consequence exists, yet you mistakenly treat the message as 'optional', this mistake will lead you to the same situation the message is trying to warn you off. It's because only in the circumstance where an extremely bad consequence exists which makes the message a necessity to follow instead of an option.

Make sense?
Absolutely NONE.

Though I am sure there is an intended point to be made, I am just not sure where it derailed.

From what I can understand, it has something to do with consequences? Consequences can be either good or bad, basically consequence is the RESULT or another's response to our action.

I believe the point revolves around the notion that people only NEED a God or a Jesus because we want to avoid or not take responsibility for BAD consequences?

But are you saying God and Jesus are optional? or is LOGIC optional?

Consequences do not act as a deterrent tobehavior. If they did, no one would ever murder or commit a capital offence?

Every behavior is a choice. We decide what we will do and sometimes we weigh the consequence, but we generally believe we can beat the odds and avoid the full force of NEGATIVE consequences so se jump in with both feet and take that leap of faith.

The only option is whether or not we take that initial step based on how bad we want what ever is waiting for us when the behavior has run its course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsWg0bt9kp4

Old 08-07-2015, 12:50 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It opens one up to different perspectives when one loosens their grip on the belief that "Christ" is limited to a man who was born 2000 years ago.
My perspective is that "Christ" is Barak Obama.

(kidding)

Old 08-07-2015, 12:55 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Absolutely not! That is why I depend on scripture/the Bible and not 'what seems right in my own eyes.' IMO, the problem most have with scripture is not with understanding or 'rightly dividing' it, but, simply with reading it. If I were only depending on my own opinions an philosophies, I would not know what was right ... as is the case with so many on the CD forum.
Your mind will frame things within the parameters of your own understanding.
Which is no different from those who wrote the Scriptures, (i.e., the Bible)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
Since 'CHRIST' is the root of Christianity, it would seem rational to consider what He had to say about those who follow Him -- You are speaking of things Christians do, while I was speaking of 'What a Christian is.' 'The poor will always be with us' and there will never be a 'just society' here on earth, but, those who trust and believe in Jesus Christ will not perish, but, have everlasting life.
Is this your only motivation?

Old 08-07-2015, 01:43 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
In the old testament God promised a change the world and make available the Holy Spirit to those the Love God .
Jesus is the fulfilment of that promise.
Jeramiah 31;31,32,33, John 14; 15;
Some one that loves, does not manipulate, rather they seek to obey.
One cannot obey with out communication, and one cannot receive communications with God, out side the Holy Spirit, Jesus provided to do Just that.
Jesus said "the way is narrow, and few there be that find it."

Old 08-07-2015, 02:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
In the old testament God promised a change the world and make available the Holy Spirit to those the Love God .
Jesus is the fulfilment of that promise.
Jeramiah 31;31,32,33, John 14; 15;
Some one that loves, does not manipulate, rather they seek to obey.
One cannot obey with out communication, and one cannot receive communications with God, out side the Holy Spirit, Jesus provided to do Just that.
Jesus said "the way is narrow, and few there be that find it."
ALOHA, have you been to the Hawaiian Islands?
In the presence and Spirit of - the breath of life.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:07 PM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
I have never been off the continent .
My revelation took place living in the mountains and strictly on my own,
desperately seeking the tutelage of the Holy Spirit.
How desperate you are matters.
Jesus said," blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for the shall be filled."
Desperation often requires an abandonment of past teaching wiling to be taught all over again.
Academics do not lead one in God's will.
Only the Holy Spirit can lead one in God's will.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:26 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The liberal Christians disagree. They say Christianity is about helping the less fortunate and creating a just society here on earth.

Surely, it's the Devil at work.
And Liberal Christians are not following Christ anymore than Fundamentalists are.

Old 08-07-2015, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And Liberal Christians are not following Christ anymore than Fundamentalists are.
Because only expatCA people are following Christ because he has the ONLY truth..ROFLMAO
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity