Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 07:45 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times

Advertisements

Micah 6:8New International Version (NIV)

8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly[a] with your God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZlzZ1nF3Hs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 07:48 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." -- Matthew 28

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” -- John 13

Old 08-07-2015, 11:29 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Question - Did the new commandment cancel out, or nullify the old commandments?

If yes - please specify.

And yes - the Great Commission applies to all who are His.

-------------------------

Another question... What did He do?

Last edited by DRob4JC; 08-08-2015 at 12:16 AM..

Old 08-08-2015, 01:34 AM

709 posts, read 377,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

The man in the video. Do you believe that the apostles was preacher's like he?

I believe that this new sentimental way to preach is not real way of the saints of God, it shows no humility, or self-control, even though the subject may be also in those important values, but the preach it self has not those values.

And it is a problem.

One clearly seen thing which describe, the man of the last days, is incontinence, so be careful with all that kind of way's which today carries.

Serve your Lord and God, with holy fear, and reverence.

Last edited by Mikko Ainasoja; 08-08-2015 at 01:53 AM..

Old 08-08-2015, 03:24 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
What does Jesus want us to do ? To establish ourselves in the love of God....... Then being perfect as he is will be second nature. Yet we prefer to establish ourselves in pointless belief systems and correcting the error in our brother or removing the speck of dust out of his eye.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:40 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Yes Apostle Paul rejected the world of sin and condemned it but Apostle Paul church of Christ was just the beginning and a very small church not even like the larger Church of Christ today , where people here on this video teach of the inequalities of the poor and the classes and then the races , as Many races have to resist the deception of the spirit of this world who may undermine their skin color or race with others .....Still Jesus prefer that His children stay in peace and love all people and pray for the plan of Jesus , not to dictate Jesus plan and lose God blessing

Old 08-08-2015, 07:12 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Yes--the black man in America has been horribly mistreated. Both in the secular world and in the Christian church. I completely agree that white people have done some horrible things to black people and my ancestors have treated them in ways that were much much lower than what white people have received.

To be honest? This video seems to be more about celebrating mankind. If we wanted true "justice", we'd all be in hell right now. But mercy means that Jesus died for our sins. Mercy means that none of us are really getting "what we deserve". This church service didn't really seem to be about that. It seemed to be more about "getting what's mine". But Christ isn't about social justice. He didn't come just so that we'd all be treated the same on earth and ONLY so that we'd love each other more. Jesus came so that we would be reconciled to God. In the process, we need to love each other more.

If I were in a church like that? I'd ask the pastor why he talked more about things OTHER than Jesus. His job is to preach the Gospel, and feed the sheep--not feed a social movement.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:22 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
As a Christian, I don't trust anything that is written in the New Testament as much as what the Old Testament would say. Especially the stories that were trying to illustrate truths in an easy to understand way. As a true Christian, I reject almost everything in the stories both old and new testament, because they were often attempting to illustrate God's truth in a way that anyone could understand. But they obviously didn't succeed, as evidenced by Christianity's history.

I would trust people who focus on the LOVE that is the major theme of the core writings of the Bible.

Old 08-08-2015, 07:34 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

I would trust people who focus on the LOVE that is the major theme of the core writings of the Bible.
What does that have to do with this video?

Old 08-08-2015, 07:57 AM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
What does that have to do with this video?
Are you trying to suppress the spirit? Because you will not succeed.

I was addressing the OP's quote. But haven't had time to watch the full hour-plus video.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity