Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2015, 10:19 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The way in which you sanctify yourself is to simply repent...IOW, stop sinning...
Have you done that? How's that going for you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 10:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sanctification means to set aside for God , and separate to the sin of the world ,........... See no one actually can overcome the world , but many can come close in their challenge in the world

to be sanctified does not mean sin-less, or the process to living sin-less. Living sin-less can only be a fruit of being set-apart unto Yahweh. - Sanctification - Sanctification

Old 08-11-2015, 10:28 AM

Just a little information:

The Hebrew word, torah (תורה), is derived from a root that was used in the realm of archery, yareh (ירה). Yareh means to shoot an arrow in order to hit a mark. The mark or target, of course, was the object at which the archer was aiming. Consequently, torah, one of the nouns derived from this root, is, therefore, the arrow aimed at the mark, The target is the truth about God and how one relates to Him. The torah is, therefore, in the strict sense instruction designed to teach us the truth about God. Torah means direction,teaching, instruction,or doctrine. - Torah - Definition

Old 08-11-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Have you done that? How's that going for you?
Yes, I have, and it's going great...Baruch HaShem...As opposed to the other way that I was walking, I finally know what it means to truly repent...

Old 08-11-2015, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Yes, I have, and it's going great...Baruch HaShem...As opposed to the other way that I was walking, I finally know what it means to truly repent...
You NEVER sin?

Remember, lying is a sin.

Old 08-11-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
You NEVER sin?
Sure...However, not the ones that I have struggled with as a Christian, because I truly repented and remember the sin every day in order that I do not do it again...Unlike Christianity that tells you to confess it to G-d, He forgives you and you forget about it and truck on...Those who fail to remember history are doomed to repeat it...

Quote:
Remember, lying is a sin.
Where does it say lying is a sin?...

Old 08-11-2015, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Sure...However, not the ones that I have struggled with as a Christian, because I truly repented and remember the sin every day in order that I do not do it again...Unlike Christianity that tells you to confess it to G-d, He forgives you and you forget about it and truck on...Those who fail to remember history are doomed to repeat it...
So you haven't stopped sinning. So you just lied about that. You are telling others to do what you can't do. When asked if you have stopped sinning, you said:

Quote:
Quote:

Where does it say lying is a sin?...

“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor” (Exodus 20:16).
“Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices.” Col 3:9
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Rev 21:8

"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life..." John 14:6 -- So Jesus himself is truth. We are to emulate him:

"Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ," Eph 4:15

So, you, just like me, are a sinner. You are incapable of pleasing God according to the things you do.

Old 08-11-2015, 12:05 PM

Quote:
So you haven't stopped sinning. So you just lied about that. You are telling others to do what you can't do. When asked if you have stopped sinning, you said:

As I progress through life and practice my Mitzvot, I become better and better and the old ways I leave behind me for they have become abominations to me...

Quote:
“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor” (Exodus 20:16).
That is lying ABOUT your neighbor not TO your neighbor...So this is irrelevant...

Quote:
“Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices.” Col 3:9
Here, Paul, who wrote Colossians, says it is ok to lie for the sake of saving someone (i.e. Hoodwinking):

1Co 9:20 and I became to the Jews as a Jew, that Jews I might gain; to those under law as under law, that those under law I might gain;

1Co 9:21 to those without law, as without law--(not being without law to God, but within law to Christ) --that I might gain those without law;

1Co 9:22 I became to the infirm as infirm, that the infirm I might gain; to all men I have become all things, that by all means I may save some.

1Co 9:23 And this I do because of the good news, that a fellow-partaker of it I may become;

Seems like Paul had no problem with lying, but yet you wish to accuse me of it...

Quote:
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.” Rev 21:8
Kinda funny that in 6,000 plus years the Jews never heard of such a place...Strange, isn't it?...

Quote:
"I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life..." John 14:6 -- So Jesus himself is truth. We are to emulate him:
I can agree with you here...

Quote:
"Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ," Eph 4:15
So, my question would be, how exactly did Jesus behave that we are to behave likewise?...Hmmm?...

Quote:
So, you, just like me, are a sinner. You are incapable of pleasing God according to the things you do.
But, yet there were many people of the TaNaKh that lead righteous lives and therefore were pleasing to G-d...G-d said so Himself...

If it pleases G-d that I not steal, and I do not steal, then am I not pleasing to G-d?...

If it pleases G-d that I not bear false witness against my neighbor and I do not bear false witness against my neighbor, then am I not pleasing to G-d?...

etc., etc....

If I practice righteousness, will it not become habit?...Will I not become a better person for it?...And if I become a better person for it, will this not please G-d?...

Is not G-d's displeasure with me on account of my transgressing His Holy Laws?...

If a man is taught to do what is right in the eyes of G-d from the time that he is born until he returns to dust and he practices the Laws of G-d every day and guards against transgression, then he will be ready for Olam HaBa by the time he returns to the dust...

This is what the CNT says of Jesus, about how he had hit the mark and therefore pleased G-d with his actions and behavior...And this is the way that he has shown you to walk in order for YOU to hit the mark yourself and attain what he had attained...

Old 08-11-2015, 05:59 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
As I progress through life and practice my Mitzvot, I become better and better and the old ways I leave behind me for they have become abominations to me...

That is lying ABOUT your neighbor not TO your neighbor...So this is irrelevant...

Here, Paul, who wrote Colossians, says it is ok to lie for the sake of saving someone (i.e. Hoodwinking):

1Co 9:20 and I became to the Jews as a Jew, that Jews I might gain; to those under law as under law, that those under law I might gain;

1Co 9:21 to those without law, as without law--(not being without law to God, but within law to Christ) --that I might gain those without law;

1Co 9:22 I became to the infirm as infirm, that the infirm I might gain; to all men I have become all things, that by all means I may save some.

1Co 9:23 And this I do because of the good news, that a fellow-partaker of it I may become;

Seems like Paul had no problem with lying, but yet you wish to accuse me of it...

Kinda funny that in 6,000 plus years the Jews never heard of such a place...Strange, isn't it?...

So, my question would be, how exactly did Jesus behave that we are to behave likewise?...Hmmm?...

But, yet there were many people of the TaNaKh that lead righteous lives and therefore were pleasing to G-d...G-d said so Himself...

If it pleases G-d that I not steal, and I do not steal, then am I not pleasing to G-d?...

If it pleases G-d that I not bear false witness against my neighbor and I do not bear false witness against my neighbor, then am I not pleasing to G-d?...

etc., etc....

If I practice righteousness, will it not become habit?...Will I not become a better person for it?...And if I become a better person for it, will this not please G-d?...

Is not G-d's displeasure with me on account of my transgressing His Holy Laws?...

If a man is taught to do what is right in the eyes of G-d from the time that he is born until he returns to dust and he practices the Laws of G-d every day and guards against transgression, then he will be ready for Olam HaBa by the time he returns to the dust...

This is what the CNT says of Jesus, about how he had hit the mark and therefore pleased G-d with his actions and behavior...And this is the way that he has shown you to walk in order for YOU to hit the mark yourself and attain what he had attained...
I mentioned the Well once before.
Jesus is the well. The voice of the Law. Reading from a single scroll in Heaven.

ב כִּי אִם בְּתוֹרַת יְהוָה, חֶפְצוֹ; וּבְתוֹרָתוֹ יֶהְגֶּה, יוֹמָם וָלָיְלָה. 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in His law doth he meditate day and night.
ג וְהָיָה-- כְּעֵץ, שָׁתוּל עַל-פַּלְגֵי-מָיִם:
אֲשֶׁר פִּרְיוֹ, יִתֵּן בְּעִתּוֹ--וְעָלֵהוּ לֹא-יִבּוֹל; וְכֹל אֲשֶׁר-יַעֲשֶׂה יַצְלִיחַ. 3 And he shall be like a tree planted by streams of water, {N}
that bringeth forth its fruit in its season, and whose leaf doth not wither; and in whatsoever he doeth he shall prosper.
Attain..?
: to grow or increase to (a particular amount, size, etc.)

Who gives the increase.?

Psalms Chapter 136 תְּהִלִּים

א הוֹדוּ לַיהוָה כִּי-טוֹב: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 1 O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good, for His mercy endureth for ever.
ב הוֹדוּ, לֵאלֹהֵי הָאֱלֹהִים: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 2 O give thanks unto the God of gods, for His mercy endureth for ever.
ג הוֹדוּ, לַאֲדֹנֵי הָאֲדֹנִים: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 3 O give thanks unto the Lord of lords, for His mercy endureth for ever.
ד לְעֹשֵׂה נִפְלָאוֹת גְּדֹלוֹת לְבַדּוֹ: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 4 To Him who alone doeth great wonders, for His mercy endureth for ever.
ה לְעֹשֵׂה הַשָּׁמַיִם, בִּתְבוּנָה: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 5 To Him that by understanding made the heavens, for His mercy endureth for ever.
ו לְרֹקַע הָאָרֶץ, עַל-הַמָּיִם: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 6 To Him that spread forth the earth above the waters, for His mercy endureth for ever.
ז לְעֹשֵׂה, אוֹרִים גְּדֹלִים: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 7 To Him that made great lights, for His mercy endureth for ever;
ח אֶת-הַשֶּׁמֶשׁ, לְמֶמְשֶׁלֶת בַּיּוֹם: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 8 The sun to rule by day, for His mercy endureth for ever;
ט אֶת-הַיָּרֵחַ וְכוֹכָבִים, לְמֶמְשְׁלוֹת בַּלָּיְלָה: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 9 The moon and stars to rule by night, for His mercy endureth for ever.
י לְמַכֵּה מִצְרַיִם, בִּבְכוֹרֵיהֶם: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 10 To Him that smote Egypt in their first-born, for His mercy endureth for ever;
יא וַיּוֹצֵא יִשְׂרָאֵל, מִתּוֹכָם: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 11 And brought out Israel from among them, for His mercy endureth for ever;
יב בְּיָד חֲזָקָה, וּבִזְרוֹעַ נְטוּיָה: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 12 With a strong hand, and with an outstretched arm, for His mercy endureth for ever.
יג לְגֹזֵר יַם-סוּף, לִגְזָרִים: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 13 To Him who divided the Red Sea in sunder, for His mercy endureth for ever;
יד וְהֶעֱבִיר יִשְׂרָאֵל בְּתוֹכוֹ: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 14 And made Israel to pass through the midst of it, for His mercy endureth for ever;
טו וְנִעֵר פַּרְעֹה וְחֵילוֹ בְיַם-סוּף: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 15 But overthrew Pharaoh and his host in the Red Sea, for His mercy endureth for ever.
טז לְמוֹלִיךְ עַמּוֹ, בַּמִּדְבָּר: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 16 To Him that led His people through the wilderness, for His mercy endureth for ever.
יז לְמַכֵּה, מְלָכִים גְּדֹלִים: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 17 To Him that smote great kings; for His mercy endureth for ever;
יח וַיַּהֲרֹג, מְלָכִים אַדִּירִים: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 18 And slew mighty kings, for His mercy endureth for ever.
יט לְסִיחוֹן, מֶלֶךְ הָאֱמֹרִי: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 19 Sihon king of the Amorites, for His mercy endureth for ever;
כ וּלְעוֹג, מֶלֶךְ הַבָּשָׁן: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 20 And Og king of Bashan, for His mercy endureth for ever;
כא וְנָתַן אַרְצָם לְנַחֲלָה: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 21 And gave their land for a heritage, for His mercy endureth for ever;
כב נַחֲלָה, לְיִשְׂרָאֵל עַבְדּוֹ: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 22 Even a heritage unto Israel His servant, for His mercy endureth for ever.
כג שֶׁבְּשִׁפְלֵנוּ, זָכַר לָנוּ: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 23 Who remembered us in our low estate, for His mercy endureth for ever;
כד וַיִּפְרְקֵנוּ מִצָּרֵינוּ: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 24 And hath delivered us from our adversaries, for His mercy endureth for ever.
כה נֹתֵן לֶחֶם, לְכָל-בָּשָׂר: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 25 Who giveth food to all flesh, for His mercy endureth for ever.
כו הוֹדוּ, לְאֵל הַשָּׁמָיִם: כִּי לְעוֹלָם חַסְדּוֹ. 26 O give thanks unto the God of heaven, for His mercy endureth for ever. {P}

Old 08-11-2015, 07:36 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:

etc., etc....

Thank you for bringing up Rashis commentary. I read over the french mans devices. Be vigilant. The serpent is very subtle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity