Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:02 PM

1,100 posts, read 796,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The KJVB is a poor translation...The worst one to rely on if one wants accuracy...
I will ask you to prove the KJV is a poor translation by sharing one that you deem as better, but be aware that if God is willing for me to continue posting here, He shall lead me to share how your translation has changed the message of His words that it may even be considered as lying about what was originally written as I have seen how modern trnslations are supporting false teachings & thus apostasy goes uncheck in these latter days.

But again, unless He opens your eyes to see those changes as being evident of why the KJV is the one to rely on for discerning good & evil in these latter days, I cannot convince you if you cannot see it.

So name the version you deem as better than the KJV, and maybe God will lead us to a fruitful edification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 06:14 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
I will ask you to prove the KJV is a poor translation.
Simple...I learned how to read and understand Hebrew and Greek...It is not rocket science...For those who wish to really know the truth about G-d...

Quote:
by sharing one that you deem as better.
Sefer Torah...

Quote:
but be aware that if God is willing for me to continue posting here, He shall lead me.

No, He won't...

Quote:
to share how your translation has changed the message of His words that it may even be considered as lying about what was originally written.
See?...You have your mind already made up...

Quote:
as I have seen how modern trnslations are supporting false teachings & thus apostasy goes uncheck in these latter days.
And how do you know this?...What is your reference point?..

And we've been in the latter days for 2000 years...Someone like you is always popping up and stating this...

Quote:
But again, unless He opens your eyes to see those changes as being evident of why the KJV is the one to rely on for discerning good & evil in these latter days, I cannot convince you if you cannot see it.
He actually opened my eyes to see how the western world has changed His word...

Quote:
So name the version you deem as better than the KJV, and maybe God will lead us to a fruitful edification.
Sefer Torah...The Hebrew Bible...

Old 08-26-2015, 06:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
So here we go again with the Textus recepticus is the only God maintained Word. PoorInSpirit, even your preferred Bible says, "16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." Words recorded as spoken by Jesus in John 14.

So why are you trusting a different guide?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
I will ask you to prove the KJV is a poor translation by sharing one that you deem as better, but be aware that if God is willing for me to continue posting here, He shall lead me to share how your translation has changed the message of His words that it may even be considered as lying about what was originally written as I have seen how modern trnslations are supporting false teachings & thus apostasy goes uncheck in these latter days.

Well unless you are reading the 1611 KJV you are using a translation/revision of that KJV and the last revision was in the late 1800's and is the one sued today. There have been several revisions since it was first released and all show the errors, so ........ no inspiration. Even the translators never made such a claim nor anyone for probably 300 years after it was written. The only inspired writings were the original ones.

Old 08-26-2015, 07:20 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
What about the books pre-KJV? And prove that God speaks the queen's English.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:03 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Quote:
if the King James version was good enough fer Paul it's good enough fer me
Sorry, but this is the IQ of most of the Christians in America. Point being the reason Christianity has been allowed to so dominate people's lives is because they just won't take the time to learn about its nefarious origins.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:15 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,178,366 times
Richard isn't Christian but I do agree with him about the Hebrew & Greek - it shows even the KJV is weak, though it's better than a few of these "improved" versions.

Gal 2:20 is an example of how translation can be damaging to someone's belief system:

KJV - ...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God... (God's faith - agrees with Young's Literal)

ESV - ...the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith in the Son of God... (your faith)

These subtle injections can bring condemnation, and that's all the enemy needs to start a downward cycle.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:32 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Generally I can work with the KJV as well as any other. There are errors of translation

Defects of the King James Version

Some more serious than others. In the case of any disagreement, there are interlinear Bible sites to check the Hebrew or Greek (1). It is really only a problem for those who think that it is the only valid, God -given and correct one. It isn't.

(1) I haven't forgotten that Eusebius used this to show me that some of the text describing the structure of Noah's Ark is debatable.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:45 AM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,902 times
Quote:
be aware that if God is willing for me to continue posting here, He shall lead me to share how your translation has changed the message of His words that it may even be considered as lying about what was originally written as I have seen how modern trnslations are supporting false teachings & thus apostasy goes uncheck in these latter days.

If you imagine God is "leading" you to defend a 400 year old English translation's reliability against 400 years of increased knowledge of the original languages of the Bible and new manuscript finds, I think you just might find yourself being led by someone other than God. Most people would attempt to defend the legitimacy of the KJV with their supposed knowledge of the original languages and textual history, rather than beseeching a higher power to do their dirty work for them.

You haven't fallen victim to the same thing this prophet did, have you? Perhaps your username is more revealing than you think! Pardon me if I use an improved translation other than the KJV, one that actually prints the name of God (even if only consonantally):
Then a spirit came out and stood in the presence of YHWH
and said:
I will entice him.
YHWH said to him:
In what [way]? (21)
He said:
I will go out and be a false spirit
in the mouth of all his prophets.
He said:
You will entice [him], aye, you will prevail.
Go out and do thus! (22)
So-now, here: YHWH has placed a false spirit
in the mouth of all these your prophets,
for YHWH has spoken evil regarding you! (23)
(I Kings 22:21-23 Shocken Bible, Everett Fox)
Already an improvement over the incorrect "The LORD", but for the record: all translations are faulty. Some are just more than others.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:02 AM

1,100 posts, read 796,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Simple...I learned how to read and understand Hebrew and Greek...It is not rocket science...For those who wish to really know the truth about G-d...
Exalting one's intelligence is not a convincing argument when we are both supposed to rely on God to not only help us see His words but understand them.

Matthew 13: 14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive: 15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. 16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear. 17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

Quote:
Sefer Torah...
I do not see that at Bible Gateway to do the comparison for you to prove how the King James Bible is a poor translation.

Not a good way to start off this discussion.

Quote:
No, He won't...
You are right "if" He is not willing to lead me as obviously, you are stonewalling this discussion.

Quote:
See?...You have your mind already made up...
That is considered a deflecting tactic.

You still have not shown any example of how the KJV is a poor example which is the point of the OP by comparing it to this supposed Sefer Torah in being a better translation.

Quote:
And how do you know this?...What is your reference point?..
Romans 8:26-27 in all modern Bibles insinuate that the Holy Spirit actually makes His own unspeakable intercessions Himself when it is the Son knowing the mind of the Spirit because His intercessions are unspeakable and more importantly, Jesus is the only Mediator between God & man ( 1 Timothy 2:5 & Hebrews 7:25 & Matthew 18:19-20 ) so that when the Father says yes to our intercessions when searching our hearts ( Hebrews 4:12-16 ) or the Spirit's intercessions ( Romans 8:26-27 ) as given to the Father by the Son, the Son answers the prayer; John 14:6,13-14 and that is how the Father knows before we ask in prayer ( Matthew 6:7-8 ).

By insinuating that the Holy Spirit makes His own intercessions Himself, is to deny that His intercessions are unspeakable when He can only speak what He hears ( John 16:13 ) which is why "itself" is used as the Son knowing the mind of the Spirit is how His intercessions are known to God the Father just as the Son searching our hearts is how the Father knows our requests before we even ask Him.

That throne of grace by way of the Passover Lamb is how our prayer requests are coming to God the Father. There is no other way. John 14:6,13-14.

Unfortunately, some modern Bibles do not stop there as they insinuate that sounds are being heard while the "Holy Spirit" is giving His own intercessions Himself, thus many believers thinks that God's gift of tongues is a prayer language given by the Holy Spirit when God's actual gift of tongues is of other men's lips to speak unto the people.

Many believers encounter a "second" filling of what they believe is the Holy Spirit later on in life where it brings tongues without interpretation and is just babbling nonsense. They want to believe it is of God and when modern Bibles supports it as such, they do not discern the vain & profane babblings as found in the world of the occult as not being of God ( Isaiah 8:19 )

So they embrace this phenomenon misleading other believers into seeking this other baptism with the Holy Ghost with evidence of tongues, ignoring the warning in the Bible about preaching another Jesus or another spirit to receive ( 2 Corinthians 11:1-4 & 2 Corinthians 13:5 & 1 Timothy 4:1-2 & 1 John 4:1-7 & 2 Timothy 2:15-16,24-26 )

They call on the Holy Spirit and seducing spirits come, thinking the Holy Spirit answers prayers when that is not His job ( John 14:6,13-14 ) It is for this cause that God allows them to suffer a strong delusion for believing the lie that they can receive the Holy Spirit again. 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 Paul warbed that the falling away from the faith will occur and that the iniquity was already at work in his day 2 Thessalonians 2:7 but he went on to remind believers when they had received the sanctification of the Spirit & the belief of the truth in 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15 .

This eternal damnation on those that have gone astray is referring to being left behind to be received later on as vessels unto dishonour in His House for not departing from that iniquity; 2 Timothy 2:19-21 Paul goes in in 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7,14-15 in addressing those wicked & evil men that have not faith that do not follow after the traditions taught of us as being disorderly in church as often these movements of the spirit are in these latter days, that we are commanded to withdraw from them if they refuse to repent, but not to treat them as the enemy, but admonish them as brothers. So that means they are still saved, but in danger of being left behind at the pre trib rapture event unless they look to the Bridegroom for help in departing from this iniquity by shunning vain & profane babblings and pray normally so as to give God the Father thanks in Jesus's name for answered prayers and chase no more after seducing spirits to receive after a sign.

And 1 Peter 4:19 wherein modern Bibles has changed the testimony of the Son in entrusting Him to do a godo job in keeping the souls while they suffer "being left behind" since God is coming to judge His House first in 1 Peter 4:17-19 in context. It is not about us doing good whiel we suffer when there is a comeuppance when God comes to judge His House first as this suffering can be seen in Hebrews 12:1-29. It is because of some modern translations of 1 Peter 4:19 in thinking commit means the believer's commitment is why Billy Graham is getting away with placing a religious yoke on believers as if that is how one saves themselves to get that assurance that they are saved by keeping that commitment; and as if that is not enough, the Pormise Keepers program adds more religious bondages to struggling believers.

Quote:
And we've been in the latter days for 2000 years...Someone like you is always popping up and stating this...
In 1994, the holy laughter movement & Promise Keepers spread nation wide where they had even joined together for one convention in St. Louis, Missouri. It was reported that the holy laughter movement was no longer a streamlined Pentecostal/Charismatic event as it was happening in Catholic & Protestant churches, and of course, Promise Keepers was in all denomenations as well as men will be lovers of their own selves, boasters, heady, highminded, having a form of godiliness, but denying the power thereof.

I believe the Lord shared with me that He sent a plumbline across this nation to see whom will depart from faith to chase after other gods and/or to resort to their own power in living the christian life, and certainly, the holy laughter movement and Promise Keepers fit the word shared with me.

Jesus did say this question; will He find faith in all the earth and with the prophesies of Matthew 7:13-27 where many houses are falling for not keeping their eyes on the Bridegroom in worship & fellowship, & prayer, which is the solution in Luke 13:24-30 & not go around the Son ( John 10:1-9 ) and so with all that has happened as the wolf scatters the flock with church memberships dwindling and christian forums are losing activities, you may want to think that again about living in these latter days as Jesus being at the door now.

Jesus warned His disciples in regards to the latter days and that was to prompt them to being ready always.

So do not mock or scoff at the call to always be ready when anyone refers to these days as the latter days, les you tempt someone not to be ready & found abiding in Him by His grace & by His help as they ought.

Quote:
He actually opened my eyes to see how the western world has changed His word...
You have yet to share that, and hopefully, the Lord has led me to share that which He may show you that which you are not aware of in regards to how modern Bibles are supporting apostasies in these latter days.

Quote:
Sefer Torah...The Hebrew Bible...
Do you have a web site that shows this Bible online? Because I do not see it on the list at Bible Gateway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity