Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2015, 05:33 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeliver View Post
Funny 2Chron 21,12-15
Says nothing of the sort, why are you lying?

12And a letter came to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, "So said the Lord, the God of David your father: Because you did not go in the ways of Jehoshaphat your father and in the ways of Asa, the king of Judah.

13And you went in the way of the kings of Israel, and you led Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem astray, as the house of Ahab led astray, and also you assassinated your brothers of your father's house, who were better than you.

14Behold the Lord will smite your people with a great plague, and your sons and your wives and all your possessions.

15And you will have many illnesses with the illness of your bowels, until your bowels come out because of the illness, days upon days."

There ya go...Now who's lying?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2015, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Your wife is mistaken--I know exactly what the JW,s teach on that matter--literal Israel is cut off--spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen. This is fact.
Any Israelite on the planet can accept Jesus as the messiah--some have. But it is a requirement with 0 doubt.
Nope...My wife knows her religion way better than you do and that's a fact...I think either you are being deceptive or you have a false teacher...

Old 09-19-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Your wife is mistaken--I know exactly what the JW,s teach on that matter--literal Israel is cut off--spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen. This is fact.
Any Israelite on the planet can accept Jesus as the messiah--some have. But it is a requirement with 0 doubt.
Oh, and by the way, you told me to go ask my wife because she has been a JW for 54 years, her whole life, however, I bet you thought she would say that you were right...So, now she is not acceptable to you because she didn't agree with you...My wife would make you cry like a baby...

Quote:
ask her, I approve fully if she is an actual JW. Matt 23:37-38 is truth= cut off--unless they accept Jesus as the Messiah=100% fact.

Last edited by Richard1965; 09-19-2015 at 05:46 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Sometimes you show wisdom above others. I appreciate having discussions with you Richard1965.
That's nice, however, that sounded a bit arrogant...Not a good quality...Humbleness is better...I always show wisdom above others, even you...Do you know why?...Because I do not let the Watch-Tower or anyone else tell me what something means when I have a brain and can read it for myself...I guarantee you that the NWT or any of the others such as KJV, NASB, etal. are mis-translated...They do not represent the actual Hebrew scriptures of the Seferim Torah rather they have been modified to support the Christian writings...And do you know how I found this out?...By actually reading for myself and researching it myself...If they are exact translations of the Seferim Torah then they should say the exact same thing and they don't...

Old 09-20-2015, 10:27 AM

24 posts, read 12,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
12And a letter came to him from Elijah the prophet, saying, "So said the Lord, the God of David your father: Because you did not go in the ways of Jehoshaphat your father and in the ways of Asa, the king of Judah.

13And you went in the way of the kings of Israel, and you led Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem astray, as the house of Ahab led astray, and also you assassinated your brothers of your father's house, who were better than you.

14Behold the Lord will smite your people with a great plague, and your sons and your wives and all your possessions.

15And you will have many illnesses with the illness of your bowels, until your bowels come out because of the illness, days upon days."

There ya go...Now who's lying?...
Right, Word of God, Elijah accended into heaven. Jesus ´Scripture cannot be rejected.´ But ofcourse you do not except any new testament scripture, so why even post in here?

Do you mean to say Elijah could not have accended because it references a letter sent by him at a later time?

Is that your point here?

Chronicles begins at the beginning of the history of humanity, with Adam, and the story is then carried forward, almost entirely by genealogical lists, down to the founding of the Israelite monarchy (1 Chronicles 1–9). The bulk of the remainder of 1 Chronicles, after a brief account of Saul, is concerned with the reign of David (1 Chronicles 11–29). The next long section concerns David's son Solomon (2 Chronicles 1–9), and the final part is concerned with the kingdom of Judah with occasional references to the kingdom of Israel (2 Chronicles 10–36). In the last chapter Judah is destroyed and the people taken into exile in Babylon, and in the final verses the Persian king Cyrus conquers Babylon, and authorises the restoration of the Temple in Jerusalem, and the return of the exiles.

I see no conflict.

Text reads something written by the prophet elijah came into his hands- Not letter.

Old 09-20-2015, 10:54 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Do you mean to say Elijah could not have ascended because it references a letter sent by him at a later time?
Elijah was taken or transported to another place, where he could not be found.
He disappeared from one location and ended up somewhere else, not heaven.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Right, Word of God, Elijah accended into heaven. Jesus ´Scripture cannot be rejected.´ But ofcourse you do not except any new testament scripture, so why even post in here?

Do you mean to say Elijah could not have accended because it references a letter sent by him at a later time?

Is that your point here?

Chronicles begins at the beginning of the history of humanity, with Adam, and the story is then carried forward, almost entirely by genealogical lists, down to the founding of the Israelite monarchy (1 Chronicles 1–9). The bulk of the remainder of 1 Chronicles, after a brief account of Saul, is concerned with the reign of David (1 Chronicles 11–29). The next long section concerns David's son Solomon (2 Chronicles 1–9), and the final part is concerned with the kingdom of Judah with occasional references to the kingdom of Israel (2 Chronicles 10–36). In the last chapter Judah is destroyed and the people taken into exile in Babylon, and in the final verses the Persian king Cyrus conquers Babylon, and authorises the restoration of the Temple in Jerusalem, and the return of the exiles.
In other words, you didn't read Chronicles for yourself, you just did a quick google search and cut & pasted someone else's theory...

Quote:
I see no conflict.

Text reads something written by the prophet elijah came into his hands- Not letter.
But, that is not what it says in the Hebrew...

And you are calling Jesus a liar...

Joh 3:13 and no one hath gone up to the heaven, except he who out of the heaven came down--the Son of Man who is in the heaven.

So...Who is right?...Jesus?...Or YOU?...

Old 09-20-2015, 12:52 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
That's nice, however, that sounded a bit arrogant...Not a good quality...Humbleness is better...I always show wisdom above others, even you...Do you know why?...Because I do not let the Watch-Tower or anyone else tell me what something means when I have a brain and can read it for myself...I guarantee you that the NWT or any of the others such as KJV, NASB, etal. are mis-translated...They do not represent the actual Hebrew scriptures of the Seferim Torah rather they have been modified to support the Christian writings...And do you know how I found this out?...By actually reading for myself and researching it myself...If they are exact translations of the Seferim Torah then they should say the exact same thing and they don't...

You say humbleness is better, then say you are above everyone else-- The teachings of Jesus prove it all.

Old 09-20-2015, 12:56 PM

Quote:
You say humbleness is better, then say you are above everyone else-- The teachings of Jesus prove it all.
No, you said I was above others...

However, I can teach, but I don't go around claiming that I am a Messiah, like you claim about your teachers...

Old 09-20-2015, 12:56 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,918,190 times
Quote:
Oh, and by the way, you told me to go ask my wife because she has been a JW for 54 years, her whole life, however, I bet you thought she would say that you were right...So, now she is not acceptable to you because she didn't agree with you...My wife would make you cry like a baby...

When did I say your wife was unacceptable--please stop twisting my words..Jw.org will prove her wrong on the matter. No she could not make me cry--I have learned for 54 years as well. 100% fact--The JW,s teach--literal Israel( religion) is cut off--spiritual Israel is now Gods chosen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity