Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2018, 04:05 PM

77,013 posts, read 47,426,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It's the motivation, Finn. You are motivated to deny the essential nastiness of your position. In cases like yours, expressing the disgust is the last resort.
Some of us would not consider it an option, but I guess a leopard can't change his spots.

Quote:
Really? And who is your neighbor?
Are those vile Christians neighbors to you? You know, the ones you express disgust to.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-03-2018 at 04:19 PM..

Old 09-03-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How have I condemned anyone by saying the words they speak are of their own interpretation and not those of Jesus?
Condemn: express complete disapproval of, typically in public.

You call people 'vile'. Are you doing it to show your approval, or disapproval?

Nate says he chooses to express disgust. You think he is doing it to show approval?

Old 09-03-2018, 04:28 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,865,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Some of us would not consider it an option, but I guess a leopard can't change his spots.

Are those vile Christians neighbors to you? You know, the ones you express disgust to.
Tell me, Finn, do YOU "love the sinner, hate the sin?"

Old 09-03-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Tell me, Finn, do YOU "love the sinner, hate the sin?"
I am not in habit of repeating that old cliche. Jesus taught to love our neighbor, but I don't recall Him saying we have to "hate sin". As Christians we should avoid sinning if that is what you meant.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:03 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,168,775 times
Quote:
I am not in habit of repeating that old cliche. Jesus taught to love our neighbor, but I don't recall Him saying we have to "hate sin". As Christians we should avoid sinning if that is what you meant.
Not in others though, which is the tendency of fundamentalists. i often rebuke myself and tell myself "wake up man".

Old 09-03-2018, 09:53 PM

6,674 posts, read 2,846,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Saints of God don't willfully sin, but sinners do; so, you're either a Saint of of God or a sinner in God's eyes. This "we're all sinners" teaching comes from the enemy.
Well, according to Paul, ALL people are under the power of sin. No one (and 'no one' includes scgraham) is righteous, not even one (Romans 3:10). So, is Paul 'the enemy' that you refer to? Paul also referred to himself as 'the chief of sinners'. And he, like we, would never attain 'righteousness' so he/we would continue to 'sin'. Isn't this where Jesus comes into the picture?

Quote:
As to homosexuality, it is vile and a perversion of God's creation.
That doesn't come from the Bible, sc, but from your own mind. You need to stop perverting scripture if you're to be taken seriously. That said, what is it, precisely, that you believe homosexuals do that heterosexuals don't do? Would you be more specific?

Quote:
Mark 10
[6] But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
[7] For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife;
[8] And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.
[9] What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
'God' has nothing to do with 'creating' human beings. Sure, we can go along with the tale of Adam and Eve if we care to, but God's hand in creating human beings ended at that point in the story. I know of no medical references where a human male has ever been created from the dust of the ground and a female created from that person's rib. However, if you, sc, know of such a thing having occurred, please share the information with us. A mature person is - or should be - free to pursue any kind of an adult relationship with whomever he/she cares to without having to be beholding to anyone else - whether human or 'supernatural'.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-04-2018 at 03:49 AM.. Reason: fixed quote

Old 09-04-2018, 08:47 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,924,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I don't follow a syncretistic belief-system of love and hate.
That's why you embrace counterfeit christianity. The God of the Bible is immense love but He hates sin.

Old 09-04-2018, 08:55 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,119,813 times
Quote:
That's why you embrace counterfeit christianity. The God of the Bible is immense love but He hates sin.
why does god hate what god created?

Old 09-04-2018, 08:57 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,119,813 times
Quote:
Condemn: express complete disapproval of, typically in public.

You call people 'vile'. Are you doing it to show your approval, or disapproval?

Nate says he chooses to express disgust. You think he is doing it to show approval?
so your use of vile is not condemning?

Quote:
As to homosexuality, it is vile and a perversion of God's creation.

Old 09-04-2018, 09:02 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,072,114 times
Quote:

Then it shouldn't have created it. Not very smart for a god-thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.