Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2018, 04:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
And you've demonstrated by your anti-Christian bigotry time and again that you are quite fundamentalist in your views.

You are the one that keeps posting hate speech on this forum nonstop.

Tsk, tsk. More lies to add to your ever-growing pile. Good thing Jesus did his thing for you, eh?

Old 09-06-2018, 04:38 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
You mean, other than because God says it's sin?
Well, it might be worth something if God actually did, but nothing ever quoted indicates anything but that idol worship and profligacy in which same sex is used is "sin." Nothing ever indicates that the act in itself is but the prejudice that has obtained for 3,000 years.

Of course, if the point is that it should be condemned in civil law, or discrimination based on it should be tolerated, "God said..." should have NO bearing.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
I don't have to. I'm not the one that declares it a sin.
You and people like you ARE the ones who act on it for nothing but that unproven assertion. bigotry

Old 09-06-2018, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Actually, he did. And it's extremely sad that it's even up for debate on a Christianity forum, much less someone such as yourself suggesting that he didn't say that.

What other sins do you deny? Why don't you deny murder as a sin? Rape? Theft?
1.The questions raised you refuse to address

2. Those are unequivocaly stated to be so in themselves AND they do actual harm to a victim unlike homosexual relations

Old 09-06-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
If you don't think the Bible is the inspired word of God, then you're not a true Christ follower, which would also explain how you have erroneous views of God's view on sin and how it relates to homosexuality and homosexuals
The fact that you choose the Bible for your guide rather than the Guide Jesus promised would indicate to any rational person that YOU are the one who is not "a true Christ follower."

Old 09-06-2018, 04:59 PM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
For those that are watching, this is what is called a "strawman". No one suggested that. But it is a convenient thing for you to state, which you can then attack, and look like you "won" the argument.

But, for the record, no--God is not the Bible.

Yes. It is.

I recognize that you simply can't refute that. So, I get it. Why try? You'd rather simply distract from it.

The fact is, God DID declare it a sin, along with whole bunch of other things we all agree are immoral. But it serves your purpose to simply declare that Jesus approves of whatever we do, except your particular pet sin.

You then accuse me of bigotry, and by your own definition, you have shown yourself to be the bigot, because you intolerantly continue to declare that we believe what we don't believe. But the fact is, no one here is suggesting that we hate homosexuals, other than those on your side attacking us for that which we supposedly do.
Oh good Lord, BF. Don't assign to me the games YOU play.

You said "God declared homosexuality a sin". I said God is not the Bible, not to deviously set you up to "attack" and "win", as you always seem to think everyone is trying to do, but because I know from years of posting on this forum that you think what the Bible says = what God says.

I don't "simply declare" anything. Your attempts to diminish other's theological outlooks are tiresome. You have apparently never sat through serious conversations on theological thought beyond a Bible study.

What I have to deal with personally is why the heck I keep thinking that somehow I'm going to be able to have a straightforward conversation with you. That's on me. I'm like one of those windup toys that gets to the wall and keeps trying to walk forward even though the wall is not going to move.

Note to self: turn and walk the other way.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:24 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
why do christians hate homosexuality so much more than other sexual sins.. .. here is one reason.. the demonic militancy of it .. I
know it was very sad for me at my family easter this last year.. I went 2000 miles to go to a family get together this last "passover/ easter..( they celebrate easter) and my brother in law has
"COMe oUT" of his closet in the last 25 years since I have been there..
He of course knows I am a christian and he decided to make a public display of me and my beliefs .. when I asked him " if he and his boyfriend were going to dinner afterwards .. he proceeded to demand that I address his lover as his "husband" .. I refused.. I then asked others sitting there if He had told them they must addressed the Lover as "his husband" and they all said NO..

you see that militant demon/ now even legends.. in my brother in law( who was a molested child) wanted to shame me into openly accepting gay marriage infront of everyone there .. and had not demanded that anyone else addess his lover as His "husband" . NO he just wanted the christian too do it. it is not a marriage .. they are not joined !
I almost asked him " do you really want to do this in public" but I chickened out, I love my brother n law.. no matter what he is doing to himself. so I just walked away , it wasn't the time or place .. the next time that demon in him won't be so lucky.. the time and the place will come one day.
the wounded child he was and is who he is now is now stuck in all his unforgiveness and pain. that place of militant demonic unforgiveness and pain is not a place to create any kind of healthy lifestyle from. unless he really wanted the attention of a militant lifestyle. and there is only one reason to do that..
because it is the internal pain of a broken soul that can force us to do that.. being just that cry for help and that need to be free of his bondage. I couldn' do it, I couldn't force the issues that day . one day God will do it..

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-06-2018 at 06:36 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 06:28 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
COMe UT of his closet in the last 25 years since I have been there..
he of course knows I am a christian and he decided to make a public display of me and my beliefs .. when I asked him " if he and his boyfriend were going to dinner afterwards . he proceeded to demand that I adresss his lover as his husband.. I refused.. I then asked others sitting there if He had told them they must addressed the Lover as "his husband" and they all said NO..
I would imagine that was due to the fact you were the only one in judgement of him.

Old 09-06-2018, 06:37 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,727,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I would imagine that was due to the fact you were the only one in judgement of him.
OH that is a lie.. do not stand in judgement of me , you should look in the mirror.. . He asked no one else to do what he asked of me.. I am not ashamed of God's word.

now He has proved the scriptures true. sin is a demonic oppression and men like their oppressions and oppressing each other too it also seems. now you can go back to pressing the healthy!

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 09-06-2018 at 06:47 PM..

Old 09-06-2018, 06:44 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
why do christians hate homosexuality so much more than other sexual sins.. .. here is one reason.. the demonic militancy of it .. I
know it was very sad for me at my family easter this last year.. I went 2000 miles to go to a family get together this last "passover/ easter..( they celebrate easter) and my brother in law has
"COMe oUT" of his closet in the last 25 years since I have been there..
He of course knows I am a christian and he decided to make a public display of me and my beliefs .. when I asked him " if he and his boyfriend were going to dinner afterwards .. he proceeded to demand that I address his lover as his "husband" .. I refused.. I then asked others sitting there if He had told them they must addressed the Lover as "his husband" and they all said NO..

you see that militant demon/ now even legends.. in my brother in law( who was a molested child) wanted to shame me into openly accepting gay marriage infront of everyone there .. and had not demanded that anyone else addess his lover as His "husband" . NO he just wanted the christian too do it. it is not a marriage .. they are not joined !
I almost asked him " do you really want to do this in public" but I chickened out, I love my brother n law.. no matter what he is doing to himself. so I just walked away , it wasn't the time or place .. the next time that demon in him won't be so lucky.. the time and the place will come one day.
the wounded child he was and is who he is now is now stuck in all his unforgiveness and pain. that place of militant demonic unforgiveness and pain is not a place to create any kind of healthy lifestyle from. unless he really wanted the attention of a militant lifestyle. and there is only one reason to do that..
because it is the internal pain of a broken soul that can force us to do that.. being just that cry for help and that need to be free of his bondage. I couldn' do it, I couldn't force the issues that day . one day God will do it..
Demonic?

LOL, sin is sin, we all sin, that is all I see, that we are all guilty but most people don't want to admit their guilt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity