Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2018, 10:18 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Being married doesn't remove lust.
Thank (insert whatever imaginary thingy in the sky you believe in)!

Old 09-19-2018, 10:19 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
That would be a greater diversion on this thread. Start a new one if you would like to discuss or message me.
No, it potentially discusses other sins. That is right in the title.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:21 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Rom_7:6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

Is is simple Hannibal, serve God with all your heart and treat your neighbor better than yourself.
You mean that the laws themselves had alternate meanings?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:25 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You mean that the laws themselves had alternate meanings?
No, the quotes mean that various laws imperfectly expressed the principle mentioned and should be analyzed in that regard.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:29 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Did God create people attracted to children? After all, it's just another form of sexual orientation, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
If he did, children are too young to provide informed consent hence it is a different situation, as you have been repeatedly told.
Repeatedly, ad nauseum. At this point it’s flagrant deception on the part of Jeff and his ilk to continue posing that as a reasonable argument when it has been refuted so often, and is so obviously ridiculous anyway.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
No, the quotes mean that various laws imperfectly expressed the principle mentioned and should be analyzed in that regard.
Each law has an alternate meaning, and the Homosexuality that most Christians practice is the true meaning of that homosexual law. All those laws are written for flesh and spirit in a marriage, and while Christians look down on Homosexuals, they are committing spiritual homosexuality just like you, you aren't betrothed to a Jew, you are your own bridegroom making up your own ways. Two men in a bed.

There is a law for the son of flesh, and there is a law for the son of spirit, and what the flesh does is irrelevant compared to what you commit in the spirit.

Most every Christian I know commits adultery against God and this leads to spiritual homosexuality where a person invents his own laws, his own ways.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:06 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Did God create people attracted to children? After all, it's just another form of sexual orientation, right?

Yes it did.

Nothing can come from nothing except your god that created EVERYTHING from nothing.

Old 09-19-2018, 11:15 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
Quote:
First, when did children have consent? And no, that is NOT sexual orientation.

Second, how can loving your neighbor as yourself--treating them in every respect as YOU wish to be treated---be evil? You apparently THINK you are treating your homosexual brothers and sisters as equal by touting they will burn in hell. But that very judgment of yours is the one that Jesus took a dim view of---as did Paul (Rom. 2:1).

Second, Israeli society prior to Jesus saw nothing wrong with a man marrying a child. I provided the links to a dozen or more scholars who stated the same thing. And quite understandable considering life expectancy was so very low. It is postulated Mary was about 14 when she was impregnated. (multiple sources)
https://www.quora.com/Who-impregnate...ow-old-was-she
https://www.truthortradition.com/art...ide-and-mother
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...4213106AAt4G6W
Quote:
It should also be noted that even today, Jewish custom still considers boys of 13 and girls of 12 old enough to be married under Jewish law.
How old was Mary when she gave birth to Jesus?

And what about in the U.S.? A number of states allow marriage at what most of us would consider an extremely tender age;
North Carolina: 14
Alaska: 14
Hawaii: 15
Indiana: 15
Virgin Islands: 14 (females)
Oklahoma: no restriction by law
Wyoming: no restriction by law
West Virginia no minimum with parental consent
(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of..._United_States )

Using the age of children is stupid, stupid, stupid, when obviously cultural and ethnic groups allow marriage at very young ages. But not a single one, not one, thinks molesting a child is just "another sin."
And it is only bigots that think a loving relationship between homosexuals is "sin," or improperly compares it to child molestation. It just makes you look still more horrible in the eyes of moral people.

And again, it is you fighting against your own latent homosexuality that drives you to be as ugly as you are.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-19-2018 at 11:40 AM.. Reason: Fixed quote

Old 09-19-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
And again, it is you fighting against your own latent homosexuality that drives you to be as ugly as you are.

That is the thing, I think all men have homosexual desires but most wont admit it. If I lust after the flesh of a man, I am a homosexual. If I lust after another man's wife, I commit adultery. If I take on pagan ways, I commit adultery against God and spiritual homosexuality.

Jesus said that if we even lust, we have committed the act and this is something that most Christians will not admit to themselves. They can lust after women or men all day long but never admit what they do. I admit what I do, I am a homosexual, I am an adulterer, how could I judge anyone else?

Old 09-19-2018, 12:14 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That is the thing, I think all men have homosexual desires but most wont admit it. If I lust after the flesh of a man, I am a homosexual. If I lust after another man's wife, I commit adultery. If I take on pagan ways, I commit adultery against God and spiritual homosexuality.

Jesus said that if we even lust, we have committed the act and this is something that most Christians will not admit to themselves. They can lust after women or men all day long but never admit their guilt. I admit what I do, I am a homosexual, I am an adulterer, how could I judge anyone else?
Ever wonder why jesus intelligently designed the man’s Grafenberg spot up the man rectum reachable using a finger or other similar shaped body parts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity