Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2018, 12:46 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,845,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Tell BF what those gifts are again.

All you need is love.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:47 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
There isn't free will

You're either a slave to sin or a slave to Christ
Or perhaps the other option, not a slave at all. Perhaps just a rational, thinking human being.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:48 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Stephen Hawking hosted a PBS series where they demonstrated this by doing several different experiments. I binge watched it on the PBS site, that was so fascinating to me. I wish I could remember the name of it, you gotta check it out.
I don't have a TV. Cut that cord almost a decade ago. Although PBS is one of the few good channels left.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Really? Hawking did a series on free will? That would be fascinating.

<edit> I found it on Amazon Prime. Going to check it out. It's called "Genius"

Dude. 'Tis awesome. There's like six of them. One looks into free will. The time travel one is pretty great too. Like Pokemon, gotta catch them all.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:52 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Dude. 'Tis awesome. There's like six of them. One looks into free will. The time travel one is pretty great too. Like Pokemon, gotta catch them all.
Downloading them now, actually. I'm always looking for something to watch when I'm in a tree waiting for Bambi.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:55 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
The Bible is not God's Word? Why's that? What is His Word if it's not the Bible?
JC, There is an ever growing number of Christians that don't recognize the bible as the word of God, at least half the Christians in here feel that way.....

Frankly, I don't see a way for any Christian to agree with the religion of Messiah.

I mean, I believe the bible is the word of God, but I also know the law very well, and I know that what Moses brought down the first time was not what he brought down the second time.

God was about to consummate a Marriage between humans and a God, and Moses was the messenger of this covenant, but Moses came down and found them committing adultery against God, and so God gave them what they chose when they chose a different bridegroom. God was about to consummate a marriage where their bodies would have all given birth to sons of the living God, and they would have become immortal through that consummation, through the son born of that consummation where that new born son is circumcised, where the flesh is completely cut away.

But Israel chose another lover to have a son with, and without God, they were given the design of a Temple made in the anatomy of a virgin. That ark of the covenant was a uterus in a room built which had no door, just as it is with a virgin having a wall of separation. When Jesus came as a pure virgin, God consummated the marriage with a human for the first time and that wall of separation was ripped from top to bottom where the two witnesses of that consummation were seen.

Jesus was then planted as a seed as all men have been planted in the earth, but this time the Earth literally became pregnant with her first born son of many sons to follow.

The law has always been for the bride and the bridegroom, it is IN FACT, a Ketubah, a marriage contract that Israel broke at the mountain, and how did they break the covenant?

They went back to their former pagan ways and then called it the God of Israel.

Same thing Christians do today.

Old 09-20-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I don't have a TV. Cut that cord almost a decade ago. Although PBS is one of the few good channels left.

I love PBS. I have an antenna, I can't afford cable. I only get like six channels though, so I watch almost everything online.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:10 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
All you need is love.

{Speaking with a heavy London accent as John}

I just wanted to go knees up at the park to have a butchers, but Ringo was like,'' Get stuffed, what a load of cobblers!.'' Aye, he maybe a bit daft, always throwing spanners isn't he? Nobody knows this, but I wrote all you need is love for Ringo, didn't I.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Downloading them now, actually. I'm always looking for something to watch when I'm in a tree waiting for Bambi.

You're hanging out with us in a tree stand? Because that would be too funny. Or do you mean later? I haven't had deer steaks in years. I can't hunt myself, I'm far too sensitive to kill anything like that, I'd be a sobbing wreck. I have no problem with others doing it though. Happy hunting.

Old 09-20-2018, 01:12 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
You're hanging out with us in a tree stand? Because that would be too funny. Or do you mean later? I haven't had deer steaks in years. I can't hunt myself, I'm far too sensitive to kill anything like that, I'd be a sobbing wreck. I have no problem with others doing it though. Happy hunting.
Nah....but later on when I hunt, I'll take the iPad. I usually get to the stand a couple hours before peak hunting time, so I usually listen to an audio book or watch a video.

As for cancelling cable? If I could figure out a cheap way to watch college football online, I'd drop it in a heartbeat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity