Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2018, 05:36 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Let's consider a hypothetical: what if I told you he told me you're full of crap? And that he doesn't know you? Is that "word revealed" adequate? I'm assuming you'd disagree with it. Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because people read your posts and know you cannot be believed or trusted to tell the truth about pretty much anything.
<clap>

Old 10-11-2018, 05:37 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
In my opinion, the root cause that fundies get all bent out of shape on homosexuality is that they only think of sex, and then think of the "yuck" factor.

Look, I could never think of putting a man's penis in my rectum, nor could I possibly think of performing oral sex on a man. But I have no problem performing oral sex on a woman, and get involved with a little anal play with her. So, why the "yuck" factor in one case, and not the other?

Simple.

I'm sexually orientated towards having sexual fun with females. Period.

Gay men are orientated towards having sexual fun with other males. Period.

Lesbians are orientated towards having sexual fun with other females. Period.

And some are fluid in their what gender they have sexual fun with. Period.

Who the heck cares. It doesn't affect me if my neighbor makes his male partner groan till the cows come home. It doesn't affect me if the two women living down the street make each other climb up the walls in ecstasy. Good for them that they are having a great, consensual, loving, erotic, exotic sex life.

Let them be. Worry about your own self. If you don't like homosexual sex, don't have it. Simple. Forget what some ancient tribe's taboo were. They are irrelevant to you and me and society.

Old 10-11-2018, 05:38 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,239 times
Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?

Because their god punishes them with gay sperm and gay eggs to produce gay children.

What will the neighbors think?

You'll have to hate the little abominations.

AND you won't get to spend eternity with the gay ghosts.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:34 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?

Because their god punishes them with gay sperm and gay eggs to produce gay children.

What will the neighbors think?

You'll have to hate the little abominations.

AND you won't get to spend eternity with the gay ghosts.

Basing their hatred on a few lines written by anonymous dead guys thousands of years ago just shows how bigoted, dark-spirited, and frankly stupid, they are.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:55 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,758,571 times
After 279 pages of opportunistic bashing without much civil discussion, I think the thread has run its course.

Old 10-11-2018, 06:56 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
My. Aren't we feeling a bit self-righteous? Wow.

I never said I wouldn't listen to a divorced man preach. I'm saying an adulterous man is not qualified to be an elder. There is a difference. But I really don't now that you're prepared to have an honest conversation on it.
Sure I’m ready to have an honest conversation if you’re ready to use ONLY the Bible for your answers, not create a fiction story that you then give the same authority as Scripture.

1) Are there people in your church who have committed adultery?
2) Are those people married to someone other than the spouse on whom they cheated?
3) Does your church invite adulterers to its socials? Why not homosexuals?

How does that adulterer become no longer an adulterer if he/she is married to other than their original spouse?

Quote:
“ I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”
Matt 19:9

Quote:
He answered, “Anyone who divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her. 12 And if she divorces her husband and marries another man, she commits adultery.”
Mark 10:11-12

Quote:
Can a man walk on hot coals without his feet being scorched? So is he who sleeps with another man’s wife; no one who touches her will go unpunished. People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving. Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold, though it costs him all the wealth of his house. But a man who commits adultery has no sense; whoever does so destroys himself. Blows and disgrace are his lot, and his shame will never be wiped away. For jealousy arouses a husband’s fury, and he will show no mercy when he takes revenge. He will not accept any compensation; he will refuse a bribe, however great it is.
Prov. 6:28-35

According to Scripture the shame of the adulterer will NEVER be wiped away. So like the practicing homosexual who is sinful in your mind so is practicing adulterer. But you give them a pass as if it is a one time event brushed aside with a prayer. Except that isn’t what Scripture states.

Which means both you and your church are hypocritical.

The proof of spiritual maturity is not how “pure” you are but your awareness of your impurity. That very awareness opens the door to God’s grace.

Last edited by Wardendresden; 10-11-2018 at 07:05 PM..

Old 10-11-2018, 06:59 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Sure I’m ready to have an honest conversation if your ready to use ONLY the Bible for your answers, not create a fiction story that you then give the same authority as Scripture.

1) Are there people in your church who have committed adultery?
2) Are those people married to someone other than the spouse on whom they cheated?

How does that adulterer become no longer an adulterer if he/she is married to other than their original spouse?

Matt 19:9

Mark 10:11-12

Prov. 6:28-35

According to Scripture the shame of the adulterer will NEVER be wiped away. So like the practicing homosexual who is sinful in your mind so is practicing adulterer. But you give them a pass as if it is a one time event brushed aside with a prayer. Except that isn’t what Scripture states.

Which means both you and your church are hypocritical.
BF, I think you need to answer this. Not side step, it but directly answer it.

Old 10-11-2018, 07:02 PM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
In my opinion, the root cause that fundies get all bent out of shape on homosexuality is that they only think of sex, and then think of the "yuck" factor.

Look, I could never think of putting a man's penis in my rectum, nor could I possibly think of performing oral sex on a man. But I have no problem performing oral sex on a woman, and get involved with a little anal play with her. So, why the "yuck" factor in one case, and not the other?

Simple.

I'm sexually orientated towards having sexual fun with females. Period.

Gay men are orientated towards having sexual fun with other males. Period.

Lesbians are orientated towards having sexual fun with other females. Period.

And some are fluid in their what gender they have sexual fun with. Period.

Who the heck cares. It doesn't affect me if my neighbor makes his male partner groan till the cows come home. It doesn't affect me if the two women living down the street make each other climb up the walls in ecstasy. Good for them that they are having a great, consensual, loving, erotic, exotic sex life.

Let them be. Worry about your own self. If you don't like homosexual sex, don't have it. Simple. Forget what some ancient tribe's taboo were. They are irrelevant to you and me and society.
I just don't agree with the period stuff, not even close.....But I am all with,'' who in the freak should care?'' Let them look to theyselves and worry about them.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:46 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
You should really check yourself before you start calling someone else out about "hate". I have personally seen you call people abominations, and claim they don't deserve basic human rights. There is far more hate coming from you (specifically you, not your religion in general) than most other people on this site.

More lies. I don't call people out specifically and insult them. That's what your side does almost every time. I only speak to the content of the post, and if the post is garbage, then I'll call it garbage and rot from the pit of hell.

Futhermore, I certainly do not believe in denying gay people rights to needs and services. However, the right to force a Christian business owner to service their wedding is a luxury request, not a basic human right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post

Blocking people who you don't like.... Yea, that sounds about right for you Jeff. You do realize you can just not respond to people unless they are civil, right? You don't have to go around blocking every person who disagrees with you or you don't like. It's so childish.
If someone is incapable of having a civil discussion and resorts to just blantant trolling then I don't want to see their garbage posts ever again. Sure I can choose not to respond, but when someone makes up lies about me or my faith then I feel the need to defend. This whole caricature of Bible believing Christians as being full of hate and ignorance is outrageously false.

Old 10-11-2018, 09:51 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
After 279 pages of opportunistic bashing without much civil discussion, I think the thread has run its course.

Hello, Mr/Ms Mod Wannabe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity