Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2018, 10:56 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

I am waiting for the coming of the spirit, I am not indwelled, I have not yet been born again.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:30 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am waiting for the coming of the spirit, I am not indwelled, I have not yet been born again.
Ouch
That hurt.
There you go talking again about what you don't have like its something you once knew?

I've challenged your motives ole friend.

Whatcha lookin for?

A story?
I'm not in a good mood right now after finding out you somewhat right about something.

And I ask you pray because I cannot after..

Old 10-14-2018, 06:01 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
There you go talking again about what you don't have like its something you once knew?
Not so much the talking part, but that desire is in all. If you lost something, you once had it, right?. Typically we look for God on the outside, the last place we normally look is on the inside.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:14 AM

Quote:
ok then, incourage others to vote!

Old 10-14-2018, 10:16 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Ouch
That hurt.

I've challenged your motives ole friend.

Whatcha lookin for?

A story?
I'm not in a good mood right now after finding out you somewhat right about something.

And I ask you pray because I cannot after..
Wished I had a dime for everytime I found out I was wrong about something.

Old 10-14-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Why,
It would just weigh you down.

This thread is a pathetic low down scoundrel attempt of a smear.

Anyone voting Yet?
And the award for the most pathetic thread goes to......

Old 10-14-2018, 12:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
You are rich just admitting this, but don"t dwell on being wrong. Let the haughty of heart look down on you, they just haven't seen what you are seeing yet.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:12 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
why,
it would just weigh you down.

This thread is a pathetic low down scoundrel attempt of a smear.

Anyone voting yet?
And the award for the most pathetic thread goes to......
you.....

Old 10-15-2018, 04:44 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Why should I? You intentionally misled with your post. Or perhaps not. Were you too stupid to go back and read what I posted just three or four posts prior?
Still trying to make it about me

Warden, the king of deflections, and denials.

No one misled you. Own your words man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden
I didn’t make you homosexual, God did. You’re simply ashamed of His handiwork.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:01 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
While I'm in agreement with your 'Yes' ...it really doesn't make any sense. One cannot be repentant of the very thing one keeps on practicing. The truly repentant would discontinue the particular 'sin' they are repenting of, i.e. the remarried couple would have their second marriage annulled and either return to their former spouse or remain celibate for the rest of their lives. Just as the majority of conservative Christian would expect of a repentant homosexual. It's not too good a proposition, is it?

So, let's just get this straight.

The man who committed adultery, and whose marriage failed 10 years ago, then he married again (yes, wrongly, we both agree) should NOW divorce his second wife and go back to the first? What if she doesn't want him? He should still divorce the new wife? Leave any kids in that marriage and her as a single mother?
Quote:
But this is where the rubber meets the road. And this is where Christians come undone. While you, BF, give your personal approval to repentant homosexuals (though I'm not sure what they are repenting of exactly) being accepted by the Church, the majority of conservative Christians would not. I'll bet Jeff, Finn and others of like mind would not agree with you. I would also bet that these same folks (Jeff, Finn, etc) would not have any qualms about those who sit in the church pews every week who are on their second or more marriages either. This is SO a case of double standards that those who hold to these positions of major inconsistencies cannot be taken seriously.
Quote:
I think they would, actually. And this is what's so frustrating, when people like you and others on this forum continue to spout bigotry and hate by lying about what we actually believe.

It's a sin. One repents of it and moves on.
Quote:

What does one do? Well, they ditch the Bible - or at least their interpretation of the Bible - in situations where human reasoning should rule the mind. The Bible should not EVER dictate who one should be attracted to, who one should fall in love with, or who someone should choose to marry.
That's really the issue, isn't it?

I'm sorry for whatever happened that must have just about ruined your faith. You call yourself a former pastor? What happened?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity