Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2018, 08:13 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
.....It's a sin. One repents of it and moves on.

Ah, yes, the ultimate xtian get out of jail free card.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:46 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,001,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Ah, yes, the ultimate xtian get out of jail free card.
Yes. Jesus is so good that he will save even murderers, or the likes of you and me.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:02 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,165,320 times
Quote:
Yes. Jesus is so good that he will save even murderers, or the likes of you and me.

People with a working conscience who exhibit compassion do not need saving. But fundies sure do.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Then that is exactly why I want nothing, and I mean NOTHING to do with any cretin that would accept those that commit atrocities, just because that entity is worshipped. Such a cretin is a narcissist, interested only in itself.

I guess you see nothing wrong with this, do you?

Old 10-15-2018, 09:13 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
Quote:
Then that is exactly why I want nothing, and I mean NOTHING to do with any cretin that would accept those that commit atrocities, just because that entity is worshipped. Such a cretin is a narcissist, interested only in itself.

The presumption is that a profound change in attitudes and ideas took place in the former murderer.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:

And your view of God is too low. You think a god that created the universe simply by speaking would be so low as to accept your or my actions as good enough to earn his favor.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:18 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,603,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The presumption is that a profound change in attitudes and ideas took place in the former murderer.
So what? I don't care if a murderer found God and changed his ways.. He is still a murderer... Why Christian fundamentalists would rather spend eternity with that guy, than someone like myself, who is a good person who simply doesn't believe in that particular God (and has never murdered anyone, or even harmed anyone physically on purpose), is very telling. They do not care about people, unless they are of their faith, and meet their standards.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:19 AM

Quote:
And your view of God is too low. You think a god that created the universe simply by speaking would be so low as to accept your or my actions as good enough to earn his favor.
My view is higher than any god that is postulated here so far. I have never condoned slavery, I have never taught how to beat a slave, my son has never advised how to beat a slave, I don't call for genocides, I would never allow a rape victim to have to marry the rapist, and I would never allow women to be viewed as less than men.

I AM more moral than the god of the bible. That cretin is a monster. A narcissistic, racist, misogynistic monster. And you worship that god why? Seriously, I bet you are more moral than that god.

Old 10-15-2018, 10:20 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,603,918 times
Quote:
Well, he would have to accept our actions BF. How else would he judge any human? So by your logic, being a good person simply isn't good enough for your God, you also have to worship him and tell him how great he is? And a murderer just has to feel guilty and change his ways to be accepted, but I go to hell because I didn't worship hard enough??

Do you really not see how ridiculous that sounds?

Old 10-15-2018, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Well, he would have to accept our actions BF. How else would he judge any human? So by your logic, being a good person simply isn't good enough for your God, you also have to worship him and tell him how great he is? And a murderer just has to feel guilty and change his ways to be accepted, but I go to hell because I didn't worship hard enough??

Do you really not see how ridiculous that sounds?
Jesus asked the young ruler..."Who is good?"

Compared to God, no one is good. The only way we can be good is to have Jesus as our propitiation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity