Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2018, 06:28 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is not a sin, Katz, but this post is superb.
Well, I'm inclined to agree about it not being a sin, but I kind of had to respond to the OP as if it were a sin. Know what I mean?

Old 10-21-2018, 07:27 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Interesting handle you got there.
Never "misses the mark?"

Old 10-21-2018, 07:53 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Never "misses the mark?"
With what,?

Old 10-22-2018, 08:47 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
" Homosexuals are not the only people developing anal cancer, however. A study conducted in Hawaii found that anybody who has anal sex period, which includes straight couples, is more likely to develop anal cancer than others who do not have anal sex. In a lame attempt at being politically correct , news outlets were quick to suggest that there are “other, non-sexual, ways” of contracting the disease as well, again trying to deflect from anal sex being the primary cause. But this appears to be little more than a completely made up excuse that tries to cover for homosexuals and lay as little blame on their sexual behavior as possible.
The truth is that anal sex is a high-risk activity that increases one’s likelihood of developing both HPV infection and anal cancer. In fact, it is high risk for many other types of cancer as well, considering that HPV infection has been shown to lead to cancers of the cervix, vagina, vulva, penis, oral cavity, and rectum."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-11-...l-reality.html

Old 10-22-2018, 09:41 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
" Homosexuals are not the only people developing anal cancer, however. A study conducted in Hawaii found that anybody who has anal sex period, which includes straight couples, is more likely to develop anal cancer than others who do not have anal sex. In a lame attempt at being politically correct , news outlets were quick to suggest that there are “other, non-sexual, ways” of contracting the disease as well, again trying to deflect from anal sex being the primary cause. But this appears to be little more than a completely made up excuse that tries to cover for homosexuals and lay as little blame on their sexual behavior as possible.
The truth is that anal sex is a high-risk activity that increases one’s likelihood of developing both HPV infection and anal cancer. In fact, it is high risk for many other types of cancer as well, considering that HPV infection has been shown to lead to cancers of the cervix, vagina, vulva, penis, oral cavity, and rectum."

https://www.naturalnews.com/2017-11-...l-reality.html

How does that relate to "Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?"

The homosexual men having anal sex only amounts to ~1% of the population. Also the article was comparing homosexual men, who are HIV-positive having sex with men, with heterosexual men who are having sex with women. Objectively, isn't that an odd comparison?

The article says: "men with HIV who have sex with other men are 100 times more likely to develop anal cancer than HIV-negative men who exclusively have sex with women. This suggests that anal cancer is a disease that almost exclusively afflicts non-straight males who are on the verge of, or already have, AIDS" My comment is that anybody with HIV is more likely to develop almost any kind of illness than anybody without HIV.

But, the article also suggests a correlation with HPV infection, and seems to want to minimize the fact that there are other causes of anal cancers. That's not unlike the smoking cession promotions that relate smoking with lung cancer. Obviously, that is correct. However, there are well-known cases of lung cancer that cannot be attributed to smoking. Comedian Andy Kaufman is a well-known example. There are other causes of anal cancer, just as there are other causes of lung cancer besides smoking.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:33 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
^Some people automatically assume that people engage in certain sexual practices when it may not be true.

About nine years ago, I lived temporarily with several roommates, one of whom was a gay man looking for a long-term partner using an online dating service. He said, "I say right in my profile that the back door has been closed for 20 years." I thought that was clever.

Fixating on what other people do in their private lives is the overall problem. If we all just minded our own business, we could move on to more productive things.

Old 10-22-2018, 10:53 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
With what,?
Thoughts and actions.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts,neither are your ways my ways,”declares the Lord.

He never said they can't be though, it takes a renewal of the mind to think from a different place too. Go sell all your beliefs and follow me, my yoke is easy and burden is Light.

Old 10-22-2018, 12:23 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
^Some people automatically assume that people engage in certain sexual practices when it may not be true.

About nine years ago, I lived temporarily with several roommates, one of whom was a gay man looking for a long-term partner using an online dating service. He said, "I say right in my profile that the back door has been closed for 20 years." I thought that was clever.

Fixating on what other people do in their private lives is the overall problem. If we all just minded our own business, we could move on to more productive things.
I know a woman who has an "exit only" tattoo, she said too many heterosexual men have a fixation on her glutes. She also says, "no matter what game you're playing, there is a difference between the outhouse and snack bar."

Old 10-22-2018, 07:40 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,111,797 times
Q: Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?

A: ...because I am human. I can't explain it, it's like a pet peeve. A pet peeve is the same thing, something that just drives you batty for no reason other than it just bothers you. I have one of my own, when I hear anyone say the lords name in vain, for some reason it really bothers me. Why? I don't know it just bothers me.

Old 10-22-2018, 08:20 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
Q: Why does homosexuality anger conservative Christians more than other sins?

A: ...because I am human. I can't explain it, it's like a pet peeve. A pet peeve is the same thing, something that just drives you batty for no reason other than it just bothers you. I have one of my own, when I hear anyone say the lords name in vain, for some reason it really bothers me. Why? I don't know it just bothers me.
And it never occurs to you to delve into some self-examination to understand why?

The latter isn't likely very harmful to others, but the former is. If you dismiss other human beings because you have a "pet peeve" about their nature, it can be damaging.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity