Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 06:45 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Do you fellowship with other believers, you know, that you can actually see and touch?
Virtually all of my work crew are Christians and have bibles on the dashboards of the vehicles, does that can’t in your eyes?.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Do you fellowship with other believers, you know, that you can actually see and touch?
There are also multitudes of believers that don’t fellowship with other believers, do you have a problem with that?. I’m sure you do because your bible which is the Father son and Holy Ghost to you says it’s wrong in your mind, you could never entertain the thought that God is good with exactly where there at. You’ll never trap me with bible verses sunny Jim

Old 11-03-2018, 06:51 PM

6,795 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Ah, the old 'cop out' line, i.e. we Christians don't adhere to any of the Old Testament teachings since Jesus provided a new covenant ...oh, except for Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13 . . .um, those texts stay in place.
Quote:
Nope, not those either. Romans 1.
Well, let's see ...Romans 1 (penned by someone who was no more 'divine' than you or me) is speaking about idolatry and about those 'who had once known God' who had taken to worshiping images made in the likeness of mortal man, birds, animals and reptiles. How come you're not aware of this, jimmiej? Anyway, please ... read Romans 1 from beginning to end and get back to me to let me know where in that scripture Paul suddenly suddenly diverts from the idolatry theme to address 'homosexuality'. The 'religious' sexual dalliances that Paul refers to are the sexual rituals, fertility rites and such that were performed with temple prostitutes in pagan temples that were affiliated with ...idolatry. THIS is what Romans 1 is speaking of ...NOT homosexuality which, as I've oft repeated, WAS NOT KNOWN TO THE ANCIENT ONES!

Old 11-03-2018, 06:56 PM

20,440 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
There are also multitudes of believers that don’t fellowship with other believers, do you have a problem with that?. I’m sure you do because your bible which is the Father son and Holy Ghost to you says it’s wrong in your mind, you could never entertain the thought that God is good with exactly where there at. You’ll never trap me with bible verses sunny Jim
You don’t fellowship with other believers because, unlike Jesus, you don't love the church. You think you’re better.

Last edited by Horn of ‘83; 11-03-2018 at 07:52 PM..

Old 11-03-2018, 06:57 PM

Quote:
That depends. Did Jesus teach those things?
So the OT Is dissected into parts that Jesus taught and what he didn’t very convenient . He didn’t teach the calling down of fire from heaven, but Bible fundamentalists believe all that kind of stuff was acceptable to God back then.

Old 11-03-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Well, let's see ...Romans 1 (penned by someone who was no more 'divine' than you or me) is speaking about idolatry and about those 'who had once known God' who had taken to worshiping images made in the likeness of mortal man, birds, animals and reptiles. How come you're not aware of this, jimmiej? Anyway, please ... read Romans 1 from beginning to end and get back to me to let me know where in that scripture Paul suddenly suddenly diverts from the idolatry theme to address 'homosexuality'. The 'religious' sexual dalliances that Paul refers to are the sexual rituals, fertility rites and such that were performed with temple prostitutes in pagan temples that were affiliated with ...idolatry. THIS is what Romans 1 is speaking of ...NOT homosexuality which, as I've oft repeated, WAS NOT KNOWN TO THE ANCIENT ONES!
b

Yeah, I’m familiar with that excuse. Considering Jesus echoed the Father’s words regarding marriage, I believe the issue is clear, Biblically speaking.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
You don’t fellowship sith other believers because, unlike Jesus, you don't love the church. You think you’re better.
Why don’t you answer my question ?

Jesus said he stood outside of it knocking on the door, when he’s allowed back in with those the church condemn I might just pop in.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Why don’t you answer my question ?

Jesus said he stood outside of it knocking on the door, when he’s allowed back in with those the church condemn I might just pop in.
You can’t find a single church that follows Christ?

Old 11-03-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
You can’t find a single church that follows Christ?
It’s pretty difficult, not that I’m looking I’m perfectly happy as things are . Hope you don’t mind.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:50 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
Well the fact that the Bible states clearly in Ezekiel what the sins of the two cities were (not homosexuality) makes your assumption foolish, unlearned, and you ill-read.

But then you don't believe anything the Bible says which counters your made-up religion.
Gee, don't you think it is possible that there was more than ONE sin going on? Besides, you have to ignore Jude 1:17 which is CRYSTAL CLEAR that the sin was sexual perversion.

Quote:

just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

My "made up religion" is shared by millions of believers who can share countless testimonies of supernatural experiences with God. I am on the side of truth. You are not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity