Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2018, 02:11 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,594,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
You have nothing. Science is on our side. There are NO genes or ethogentics to support homosexuality.
You're amazing.

Most apologists, even the most fervent, will look at the evidence I may present, and attempt to deconstruct it. Most are not obtuse enough to totally refuse to look at new evidence, even if it challenges their beliefs. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion you are not here for the debate, nor to further your belief, but that you enjoy the reactions you get from others.

I'm sure I will come up with the name normally associated with that behavior, but it escapes me at the moment. Carry on.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:22 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You're amazing.

Most apologists, even the most fervent, will look at the evidence I may present, and attempt to deconstruct it. Most are not obtuse enough to totally refuse to look at new evidence, even if it challenges their beliefs. I'm slowly coming to the conclusion you are not here for the debate, nor to further your belief, but that you enjoy the reactions you get from others.

I'm sure I will come up with the name normally associated with that behavior, but it escapes me at the moment. Carry on.

You don't understand that there is nothing your born with that makes you a homosexual. A homosexual is someone that has SEX with the same gender. It is a no brainer. Everyone has to make a conscience decision to use their sex organs. This is not hard to understand.

Your not a homosexual until your having sex with the same gender. That is a conscience CHOICE that you would have to make. This is why the idea of a gene or DNA modification has NOTHING to do with Homosexuality. You don't need any science to understand this.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:33 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
The evidence is your words Jeff. I don't think anyone outside of fundamentalism would think anything other than "hate" when they see you speak of homosexual people. You compare them to pedophiles, rapists, people who have sex with animals, and say they are disgusting disease carrying abominations... Nothing about your words says anything other than "hate". Don't like people saying that about you? Stop saying hateful things, and acting like you hate gay people...
Do you think people who litter are doing wrong? With your logic then you hate them! You hate every fiber of their being. Then ONLY way to not hate people who litter is to fully and publically embrace littering as a good and beautiful practice. Your words only speak hate for littering people if you dare say one thing against the practice of littering!!!!

Once again, I have never directly compared homosexuals to any of those things. To deny it is to deny that other forms of sexual orientation exist. You really want to go with that?

Old 11-28-2018, 02:39 PM

88,580 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't care what you think it sounds like. You have ZERO evidence that we have ever hated someone which is a disgusting charge that goes against the core of our beliefs. All you are doing is reinforcing my beliefs and destroying any hope of me considering that I may be in the wrong here. Nice going.

Unlike your ilk, we don't feel the need to high five each other because there is no ego involved. Yet there is page after page of "well said!!" type fluff comments coming from your camp. I do appreciate the private messages that have encouraged me in the fight to stand up for truth against the majority living in darkness.
Then what IS calling people those names if not hate? It is not kindness.

What do you mean there is no ego involved? Isn't that exactly what this is all about? Let's get real here. You aren't anti-gay because you really believe that God wants you to be that way. You use God and the Bible as the excuse behind which you hide your own personal prejudices. No one is fooled. I get what an easy trap it is to fall into that way of thinking, and using the Bible as a weapon against others is as old as the Scripture itself, especially when there's mob-think involved. But, its WRONG, jeff, it is just plain wrong. I wish you could see that.

Please just stop with the "your ilk" and "your side" bit. The people who are defending the rights of gay people are not a monolith. Some are Christians, some are people of other faiths or spiritual paths, some are atheists. What we have in common is the conviction that we need to stand up for people who continue to be harmed and marginalized by people who want to treat them as "less-than" using their religion as the excuse to do so. That's all.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 11-28-2018 at 02:47 PM..

Old 11-28-2018, 02:45 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Do you think people who litter are doing wrong? With your logic then you hate them! You hate every fiber of their being. Then ONLY way to not hate people who litter is to fully and publically embrace littering as a good and beautiful practice. Your words only speak hate for littering people if you dare say one thing against the practice of littering!!!!
Yes, but you don't see me on here calling for us to stop serving litterers, or to deny them the ability to marry, do you? You don't see me comparing someone who drops a candy wrapper to large scale polluters, do you? You are only showing stupidity with this ridiculous comparison.. Kind of like you do when you compare gay people to pedos and those who engage in bestiality.

Quote:
Once again, I have never directly compared homosexuals to any of those things. To deny it is to deny that other forms of sexual orientation exist. You really want to go with that?
Once again, doesn't matter. I have already made my thoughts known on orientations, gay, straight, and otherwise. Go back and read my previous posts if you have already forgotten that. And possibly look into some meds to help you with your memory... You seem to forget things quite a bit...

Old 11-28-2018, 02:53 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
You don't understand that there is nothing your born with that makes you a homosexual. A homosexual is someone that has SEX with the same gender. It is a no brainer. Everyone has to make a conscience decision to use their sex organs. This is not hard to understand.

Your not a homosexual until your having sex with the same gender. That is a conscience CHOICE that you would have to make. This is why the idea of a gene or DNA modification has NOTHING to do with Homosexuality. You don't need any science to understand this.
The bolded text above is nothing but a desperate attempt at de-sinning your inclinations, HWC. Trying to convince yourself you're not gay will continue to cause you nothing but pain.

Accept yourself as you are. Jesus would.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
The bolded text above is nothing but a desperate attempt at de-sinning your inclinations, HWC. Trying to convince yourself you're not gay will continue to cause you nothing but pain.

Accept yourself as you are. Jesus would.
Right? Being gay isn't about sex. You can have sex if you are gay (or not have sex and still have a serious, life long partner), but that isn't what being gay is. It certainly sounds like someone who has an attraction to other men, and is fighting it.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:12 PM

1,259 posts, read 564,562 times
Quote:
Right? Being gay isn't about sex. You can have sex if you are gay (or not have sex and still have a serious, life long partner), but that isn't what being gay is. It certainly sounds like someone who has an attraction to other men, and is fighting it.

A Homosexual is one that has SEXUAL relations with the same sex.

From Wikipedia:

The word homosexual is a Greek and Latin hybrid, with the first element derived from Greek ὁμός homos, "same" (not related to the Latin homo, "man", as in Homo sapiens), thus connoting sexual acts and affections between members of the same sex, including lesbianism.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
A Homosexual is one that has SEXUAL relations with the same sex.

From Wikipedia:

The word homosexual is a Greek and Latin hybrid, with the first element derived from Greek ὁμός homos, "same" (not related to the Latin homo, "man", as in Homo sapiens), thus connoting sexual acts and affections between members of the same sex, including lesbianism.

I have bolded the pertinent part of your definition. It isn't JUST sex. If you are a male, and you are attracted to males, you are a homosexual. Doesn't matter whether you engage in sex acts or not. I mean, saying otherwise would be like saying a celibate woman who is attracted to men isn't a heterosexual. Just dumb, HWC. Dumb.

Old 11-28-2018, 03:20 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Yes, but you don't see me on here calling for us to stop serving litterers, or to deny them the ability to marry, do you? You don't see me comparing someone who drops a candy wrapper to large scale polluters, do you? You are only showing stupidity with this ridiculous comparison.. Kind of like you do when you compare gay people to pedos and those who engage in bestiality.
No, we just see you demanding that anti-littering businesses serve a littering celebration party! The comparison is completely valid and points out the stupidity of claiming that we must hate gay people. I never compared gays to pedos. If you continue to make this statement then I will continue to point out that you are lying in these posts.

Quote:

Once again, doesn't matter. I have already made my thoughts known on orientations, gay, straight, and otherwise. Go back and read my previous posts if you have already forgotten that. And possibly look into some meds to help you with your memory... You seem to forget things quite a bit...

Ahhh here we go with the personal insults again. Now I need medication! And therapy too , right? Sorry, but I'm not going to waste my time digging through your venomous posts when you'll just rail against anything I post anyways. I made a very valid point and you dodge it. Typical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity