Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2018, 05:41 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
wonderful. Now you're labeling anyone that doesn't view things your way as not loving Jesus. Yay. That's very tolerant and loving of you.
just as you label anyone who questions your interpretation of the bible and god as atheists and bible haters?

Old 12-11-2018, 05:52 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,042,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
just as you label anyone who questions your interpretation of the bible and god as atheists and bible haters?
Fundies are immune to their own hypocrisy. It's one of the tell-tale characteristics that indicates you're dealing with one.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:08 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,664,323 times
Quote:
wonderful. Now you're labeling anyone that doesn't view things your way as not loving Jesus. Yay. That's very tolerant and loving of you.
You are a bigot with regard to a group of people born that way for as long as man has walked the earth. Jesus showed time and again that He valued people over literally believing the Law. You literally believe PARTS of it, but choose what you wish to say doesn't apply. That makes you a hypocrite as well as a person who uses Law against people. You don't value them the way Jesus did and does.

I'm not trying to be loving as well as accepting with you. I'm using the same tough love processes of Jesus who called the "bible-believers" of His day "whited sepulchers." That's what you are and attempt---you want to look innocent on the outside while the truth pours out of your heart---homosexuals will not be treated in society as you expect to be treated.

Fundamentalists suffer from this two-faced hypocrisy most often. But just to be sure I don't unfairly lump ALL fundamentalists together, I attend a local meeting of Community Bible Studies based in Colorado Springs. It is non-denominational, but one of their tenets is yours--believing the Bible to be both inerrant and infallible. And, no, I pull no punches with them either.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:28 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,557,193 times
Quote:
You're talking rights, laws, political stuff. If this forum is about Christianity, then it's not about passing laws and rights.

And no, I won't respond to questions that will hijack the thread.
So, is that critter you're on 15 hands or 16 hands high?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:38 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, is that critter you're on 15 hands or 16 hands high?
A pony or large donkey is only 13 hands, don't confuse that with a good horse.

Old 12-11-2018, 07:51 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,091,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Fundies are immune to their own hypocrisy. It's one of the tell-tale characteristics that indicates you're dealing with one.

Amazing grace....how sweet the whine....

They really are clueless, huh?

Old 12-11-2018, 07:53 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,557,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
A pony or large donkey is only 13 hands, don't confuse that with a good horse.
I was thinking a bit higher fit the bill.

Old 12-11-2018, 08:45 PM

10,073 posts, read 5,691,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Umm we didnt make a post here for the entire weekend, but nooo, your side just had to come back and take more shots at us. It's all about grand standing and BIGOTRY against God's people.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,224,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Umm we didnt make a post here for the entire weekend, but nooo, your side just had to come back and take more shots at us. It's all about grand standing and BIGOTRY against God's people.
If there is a God, then everyone or ALL PEOPLE are his people.
There is nothing special about those professing to be Christian.

Bigotry begins: When you isolate or divide humanity.

Old 12-11-2018, 10:36 PM

6,635 posts, read 2,830,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Jeff, I can't speak for anyone else on this board but when I respond to you I don't care if you're a professed Christian or not. I don't care what particular label you might apply to yourself. I am NOT being critical of the Bible. I am NOT being critical of many, perhaps most, Christians. I am responding to you personally as an individual who has spent so much of your time lying your way through this particular topic and attempting to use your Bible (especially shameful) with which to do so. I've exposed your lies any number of times but still you dig your heels in and continue to spout them. So this 'taking shots at us' and this 'bigotry against God's people' is a lot of BS! Moreover, if I were to label you it would certainly not be 'one of God's people' since your posts in no way describe you as such. So, stop this cry-baby 'boo-hooing' because, don't kid yourself, you DON'T represent 'Christianity'!*

Once again. The Bible does not address homosexuality. It cannot. The authors would not have known what homosexuality was. ALL references to same gender sexual practices in scripture refer to idolatry and temple prostitution. Maybe a hint of rape. And this is NOT referring to 'homosexuality' per se but rather men (in all likelihood heterosexuals, but who cares?) performing sexual rituals with 'sacred' prostitutes (in all likelihood heterosexuals, but who cares?) aimed toward receiving 'supernatural' favors from the idols rather than serving and worshiping the one true God. The sexual orientation of either the prostitutes or their clients is IRRELEVANT!!

* Certainly not on this topic.

Last edited by RomulusXXV; 12-11-2018 at 10:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity