Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2018, 05:00 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
And this post i am responding to isn't. Is this your new tactic not to appear unreasonable when asked to answer reasonable questions?. What is the difference to this post of yours and mine ?.

YOU

ME

Your post is a post of someone who believes because he fears the hell he thinks homosexuals will end up in.
You're right. It is off-topic. I won't justify your bigotry and hijacking the thread by any more responses.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:08 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're right. It is off-topic. I won't justify your bigotry and hijacking the thread by any more responses.
What have i said that you would consider myself a bigot?.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:16 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What have i said that you would consider myself a bigot?.
I've told you what I believe and you continue to tell me what I believe otherwise. You have preconceived ideas about me, and anyone that actually believes what the Bible says, and you are not kind to us. You are as bad as any anti-Christian atheist when it comes to Bible believing Christians.

Old 12-17-2018, 05:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
I've told you what I believe and you continue to tell me what I believe otherwise. You have preconceived ideas about me, and anyone that actually believes what the Bible says, and you are not kind to us. You are as bad as any anti-Christian atheist when it comes to Bible believing Christians.
You have told me nothing. What have i said you believe ?. I have a good idea what you believe, but if you search this thread you will see i have not once said "you believe this".

Do you love homosexuals for who they are ?. I would be very pleased to hear you respond with a yes to this question, no response i can only assume you don't and will not admit to it. That is why i respect twinspin and scgraham, for they would have no issue telling me what they thought about them.

Old 12-17-2018, 06:16 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad
Yeah, tell that to David and Jonathon as well as Ruth and Naomi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffbase40"
Are you suggesting that it's impossible to have a close friendship without sex?
<sigh>

You're something else. It's YOU, Jeff, who suggests that it's impossible for two males to cohabit without your thoughts turning to sex. 'Sex' is the first thing that enters your head whenever the term 'male/male relationship' comes up. But yet, you deny that any such sexual relationship could have occurred with David and Jonathon.

Do you actually reason out things before you post?

Old 12-17-2018, 07:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Are you suggesting that it's impossible to have a close friendship without sex? Because neither of those were homosexual relationships.
What exactly is a homosexual relationship? Or, are we back to having a shallow mindset that it's all about sex?

Old 12-17-2018, 09:05 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
I don't think that homosexuality necessarily angers Christians more than other sins (well I guess I can only speak for myself), but what I resent is that it is so publicly flaunted, encouraged, and indeed been turned into a secular virtue. You are no longer allowed to criticize homosexuality and the many negative side effects of leading an active homosexual lifestyle. All of the kvetching about "tolerance" was a fraud in order to gain public acceptance and now the talk of "tolerance" has all but disappeared and you are forced to bend the knee or risk being sued, losing your job, or shortly in the future go to jail or face a fine.

No other sin, except abortion, comes close to the level of public and legal protection that homosexuality does. No sin is so glorified and upheld by the media, businesses, and the government as homosexuality.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:10 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think we should encourage BF and jeff to continue posting and demonstrating the cold heart, dark spirit, and obdurate ignorance that characterizes American Christian Fundamentalism.

By their posts shall ye know them.
Right because telling us to go burn in hell and throwing daily insults at us is so indicative of a warm loving heart, right?

Old 12-17-2018, 09:15 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalbound12 View Post
I don't think that homosexuality necessarily angers Christians more than other sins (well I guess I can only speak for myself), but what I resent is that it is so publicly flaunted, encouraged, and indeed been turned into a secular virtue. You are no longer allowed to criticize homosexuality and the many negative side effects of leading an active homosexual lifestyle. All of the kvetching about "tolerance" was a fraud in order to gain public acceptance and now the talk of "tolerance" has all but disappeared and you are forced to bend the knee or risk being sued, losing your job, or shortly in the future go to jail or face a fine.

No other sin, except abortion, comes close to the level of public and legal protection that homosexuality does. No sin is so glorified and upheld by the media, businesses, and the government as homosexuality.
Exactly. We don't have adultery pride parades or celebrating and giving awards to people who commit adultery or other sins. Only homosexuality is like this.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:43 PM

144 posts, read 158,845 times
Yet we celebrate gluttony , promote it and shove food and the abuse of it on the public , children etc..Diabetes is the new normal. Damn those homosexuals though,holding hands, wanting to be treated as humans. They ruin everything . Next thing you know they’ll want to adopt children that were thrown away from the many straight people carelessly producing them . Thank god we have good Christians to block that to make sure those children remain in foster care until their 18. If you’re not a homosexual then stop acting like you know cause you don’t . if you’re gonna go on about the bible then obey all its teachings not just the ones that don’t affect you. Shaming others with hypocritical psuedo religious superiority is never a good look and you’re not gaining brownie points with God. Get over yourselves
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity