Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2018, 04:41 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times

Advertisements

Old 12-19-2018, 05:19 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Lol, aint that the way.

Old 12-19-2018, 05:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Im done with this thread. The bible is clear to make your point and walk away if people refuse to hear and leave final judgement to God, when they refuse to accept the truth.

Matthew 10:14-15
14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.
15 Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city.

[color=#000000]Below the bible is clear on the topic of homosexuality.[/COLOR

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:27
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

This doesnt need to be repeated all over, because the point was pretty clear. The end result for those who dont repent of that is shown in many verses. This applies to homosexuals and straight people that life a lifestyle of sexual immortality:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [c]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Ephesians 5:5
5 For this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

1 Timothy 1:10
10 the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers,[a]liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

Hebrews 13:4
4 Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.

Revelation 21:8
8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.

Revelation 22:15
15 But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.

[color=#000000]Jeff, you are fighting a lost cause here!!![/COLOR
SAAN, it's probably best that you leave since you clearly have little Bible knowledge with which to contribute to this topic.

Seriously.

The moment I see the words "homosexual" or "homosexuality" in someone's Bible quote/s I immediately think "ignorance" and simply turn off. The Bibles that contain those terms OR those that make reference to homosexuality at all where NONE was intended by their original authors should be turned in and burned since they are clearly damaging to the ill-informed such as yourself. I personally have no ax to grind with homosexuals or heterosexuals but I SURE DO have an ax to grind with those who use a supposed 'holy book' with which to demean and vilify others!

Old 12-19-2018, 06:26 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade
The soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, so much so that they kissed and wept together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I guess you're not aware that men kiss each other as a form of greeting in other cultures.
The above Bible quote goes way beyond 'a form of greeting', Jeff. It, and other related scriptures, suggests great passion between two people who are way beyond the 'greeting' stage.

Quote:
But whatever, make up whatever narrative you want.
It reads what it reads, Jeff. It's nice to have your approval but no additional 'made up narrative' is necessary.

Quote:
The reality is you have zero proof that they were anything more than friends.
Ditto for yourself, Jeff. The reality is you have zero proof that they were not lovers. Since you appear to have such a close relationship with these folks, with Paul, et al, as if you're long time buddies ...would you continue to befriend David and Jonathon if you knew they were involved in a gay relationship? No? Geez, what kind of a friend are you?

Quote:
Furthermore, God would not be blessing or protecting David if he was living in great sin with Jonathan.
Well, there ya go. I think you might have unwittingly shot yourself in the foot ...yet again. David and Jonathon had a love for one another that surpassed that of a woman (no need for an interpretation of what that clearly suggests!) and God appeared to be quite accepting of this and gave His blessing. The 'great sin' you allude to (homosexuality) is obviously not such a 'great sin' at all!

Quote:
We see exactly how God removes His hand of protection after David in a display of extreme heterosexuality, murders a man so he can have sex with his wife.
David displayed extreme heterosexuality ...? Were you trying to make a point, Jeff?

Well, okay, let's continue to make a point. David - according to scripture - displayed 'extreme homosexuality' with regard to his relationship with Jonathon . . .

Old 12-19-2018, 07:32 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
The above Bible quote goes way beyond 'a form of greeting', Jeff. It, and other related scriptures, suggests great passion between two people who are way beyond the 'greeting' stage.

It reads what it reads, Jeff. It's nice to have your approval but no additional 'made up narrative' is necessary.

Ditto for yourself, Jeff. The reality is you have zero proof that they were not lovers. Since you appear to have such a close relationship with these folks, with Paul, et al, as if you're long time buddies ...would you continue to befriend David and Jonathon if you knew they were involved in a gay relationship? No? Geez, what kind of a friend are you?

Well, there ya go. I think you might have unwittingly shot yourself in the foot ...yet again. David and Jonathon had a love for one another that surpassed that of a woman (no need for an interpretation of what that clearly suggests!) and God appeared to be quite accepting of this and gave His blessing. The 'great sin' you allude to (homosexuality) is obviously not such a 'great sin' at all!

David displayed extreme heterosexuality ...? Were you trying to make a point, Jeff?

Well, okay, let's continue to make a point. David - according to scripture - displayed 'extreme homosexuality' with regard to his relationship with Jonathon . . .

Show me the verse where it says David had sex with Jonathan. I want a direct verse. Don't have it? Then enough of this nonsense. You might as well claim that Moses was raving lunatic that wore women's clothing because hey, I can't prove that he wasn't. Do you have proof that it is impossible for friends to have a deep love for each other? Got proof of that? This is how ridiculous trying to reason past your ugly mockery has become which is truly a poor testimony of being a Christian along with your buddy who told me to go burn in hell because I won't support immorality.

Your position is flimsy as tissue paper, but the reality is you NEED David and Jonathan to be gay which is really sad.

Old 12-19-2018, 08:37 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Show me the verse where it says David had sex with Jonathan. I want a direct verse. Don't have it? Then enough of this nonsense. You might as well claim that Moses was raving lunatic that wore women's clothing because hey, I can't prove that he wasn't. Do you have proof that it is impossible for friends to have a deep love for each other? Got proof of that? This is how ridiculous trying to reason past your ugly mockery has become which is truly a poor testimony of being a Christian along with your buddy who told me to go burn in hell because I won't support immorality.

Your position is flimsy as tissue paper, but the reality is you NEED David and Jonathan to be gay which is really sad.
No. YOU really need Davy and Jonny to NOT be gay.

And your desperation is near-palpable. And pathetic.

I am truly sorry that you are such a sad person. You make Eeyore seem like the life of the party.

Old 12-19-2018, 09:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Because a gay man wouldn't have another man murdered so he could have sex with his wife and that's what David did. David strongly lusted after women. Two men loving each other as blood brothers in battle does not make them gay. If that's the case then I guess most men in the military are gay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"Your love to me was wonderful, surpassing the love of women."
Quote:
So it's impossible for two people to have a deep non-romantic or non-intimate love for each other as close friends? All you are doing is assuming when there is nothing in the Bible that says they had intimate relations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David, so much so that they kissed and wept together.
Quote:
I guess you're not aware that men kiss each other as a form of greeting in other cultures. But whatever, make up whatever narrative you want. The reality is you have zero proof that they were anything more than friends.

Even though he was in line to be the next king of Israel, he recognized David would step into that role—and Jonathan not only celebrated his friend as the rightful king but also protected him from his father’s spear-throwing tantrums.

Quote:
Jonathan’s love was not lust. It was the ultimate in sacrifice. He laid down his rights so his friend could be promoted. He opposed his father’s self-willed ambition and instead affirmed that David should be the true king. Jonathan showed us all how to be a true friend. David’s comment that his friend’s love was “more wonderful than the love of women” was not sexual; he was praising Jonathan’s loyalty and brotherly devotion.
https://www.charismamag.com/blogs/fi...an-weren-t-gay

Furthermore, God would not be blessing or protecting David if he was living in great sin with Jonathan. We see exactly how God removes His hand of protection after David in a display of extreme heterosexuality, murders a man so he can have sex with his wife.
There is a huge difference between a consensual relationship and that of having someone murdered?

1 Samuel 20:30
You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen [David] the son of Jesse to your own shame and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness (i.e., a sexual connotation)? For as long as the son of Jesse lives upon the earth, neither you, nor your kingdom shall be established.

First, the mother is blamed for Jonathon's perverse behavior. Then, the father becomes even more angry to the point of rage and accuses him of shaming the entire family, including his own mother's nakedness. Jonathan was shaken by the father's attitude so much so that he ran away from the table. It must have been one hell of a dinner conversation?

Old 12-20-2018, 03:29 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
I guess you're not aware that men kiss each other as a form of greeting in other cultures. But whatever, make up whatever narrative you want. The reality is you have zero proof that they were anything more than friends.

https://www.charismamag.com/blogs/fi...an-weren-t-gay

Furthermore, God would not be blessing or protecting David if he was living in great sin with Jonathan. We see exactly how God removes His hand of protection after David in a display of extreme heterosexuality, murders a man so he can have sex with his wife.
So having one MURDERED by placing them in danger as to assure their death would warrant blessing and protection from god???????

Old 12-20-2018, 11:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:

Dear Jeff,

Driving over to a job site earlier to check on my guys, i was reflecting on how the sun rises faithfully everyday and shines up on the righteous and so called unrighteous(The ones the church condemns to be sinners). Jesus Christ himself said we are the Light of the world, therefore let your light shine before men (without prejudice on the righteous and those you assume are not), what can that mean but, the way God shines on the righteous and so called unrighteous, is through us, after all the sun that rises faithfully everyday is Christ in us, what do you think?. The Lord told me a couple of years ago while driving over Mt Hope Bridge, as i looked over at the beautiful sunrise, that he rises in us just like that everyday, but many of us miss it because we are beholding something other than the sun.

So Jeff, Baptist Funday and the like, not that i want to sound sarcastic, but do you really believe your comments on this thread can be considered "Light shining on those you believe are unrighteous"?.

Last edited by pcamps; 12-20-2018 at 12:37 PM..

Old 12-20-2018, 02:50 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Dear Jeff,

Driving over to a job site earlier to check on my guys, i was reflecting on how the sun rises faithfully everyday and shines up on the righteous and so called unrighteous(The ones the church condemns to be sinners). Jesus Christ himself said we are the Light of the world, therefore let your light shine before men (without prejudice on the righteous and those you assume are not), what can that mean but, the way God shines on the righteous and so called unrighteous, is through us, after all the sun that rises faithfully everyday is Christ in us, what do you think?. The Lord told me a couple of years ago while driving over Mt Hope Bridge, as i looked over at the beautiful sunrise, that he rises in us just like that everyday, but many of us miss it because we are beholding something other than the sun.

So Jeff, Baptist Funday and the like, not that i want to sound sarcastic, but do you really believe your comments on this thread can be considered "Light shining on those you believe are unrighteous"?.
I don't view an internet discussion board as real life. I'm sorry, but I don't. Anyone can pretend to be anything out there and social media is a poor reflection on how someone acts or treats others in real physical interactions. I would let my light shine towards people I encounter in real life by always being kind and empathetic and willing to help those in need. I certainly wouldn't insult someone personally or tell them that they are going to burn in hell. That's what your side has demonstrated here.

Also, take a look at Mathew 6:1

Quote:

Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
We should not being putting on a show of righteousness for the approval of the crowd and yet that is exactly what the pro-gay "Christians" do in this very thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity