Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 05:26 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
What is "the gay agenda?"
Code words used by bigots to inflame their base and to demonize and further marginalize the LGBT. It's all the rage among the low-brow set in today's US of A.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:42 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In fact it is YOU who have set yourself up as the authority even over the book YOU claim to follow when it NEVER claims the authority for itself but instead declares authority for something quite different. But YOU don't trust the authority the Bible gives because you have never encountered that Spirit. You trust only your own desire to control using your interpretations of your false "authority."
Have you read 2 Tim 3:16? Just curious.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:46 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Excuse me, but someone on a message board acting like a rude, obnoxious jerk to a conservative Christian--and yes, some do--is not in any way, shape or form, comparable to being rejected, dismissed, disparaged or actually harmed because you were born a certain way as the LGBTQ people are.

As far as someone saying they are here to specifically make fun of and attack Christians, so what? So what? What the heck do you care? What difference does it make? Look to see if there is any value in their anger, anything that you might want to think about, and if not, ignore. Dismiss. Move on.

If someone accuses another of being gay, well, isn't that fifth-grade playground stuff? I have made the statement in this thread that nobody knows what anybody's else's private sexual thoughts and feelings are unless they themselves so state it, so it's just silly to say things like that as if it's an accusation. "You're really gay" is not a personal attack any more than "you're really not blonde".

A person truly struggling with their own identity deserves compassion and patience. In our society, they don't always get those things.

Again, it is not you who is suffering.
Now just imagine if 90% of the people that posted here called you names, attacked you personally, mocked, and hijacked threads you post. How would that feel? Because that's what this forum has turned into.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Now just imagine if 90% of the people that posted here called you names, attacked you personally, mocked, and hijacked threads you post. How would that feel? Because that's what this forum has turned into.
Poor, sad Fundie.

I have an idea!

Instead of demonizing and marginalizing your neighbours who are different from you, why don't you be nice to people and tell them it's ok to be the way your god-thing made them?

You would then find that, in return, people will treat you kindly and decently, and with respect.

But yeah. I know it's a huge stretch for you. I hope you will pray for courage, insight, and the strength to be a better person.

And I will hope your god-thing answers your prayers.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:05 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Yes indeed, and I'm familiar with the way you twist it to make "useful" into "authority"

Old 12-23-2018, 09:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Yes indeed, and I'm familiar with the way you twist it to make "useful" into "authority"
They are never going to use it to correct themselves.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:27 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Phffft.... isn't that just a book saying the book is the last and final word?

Old 12-23-2018, 09:32 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
It's irrelevant, because that hasn't happened to anyone here. But I do get mildly irritated when someone quotes my post and then proceeds to post a response that has no relation to anything in my posted that was quoted.

I'll get over it, though.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 12-23-2018 at 09:43 PM..

Old 12-23-2018, 09:42 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Phffft.... isn't that just a book saying the book is the last and final word?

It's not just a book saying the book is the last and final word, because there was no such "book" as the one now known as "The Bible" in existence when the words were written.

WHAT scripture does the verse refer to? Itself, a letter that's being written that will someday, unbeknownst to the letter writer, be considered scripture? The Jewish scriptures? The as-yet-unwritten gospels?

It just doesn't make any sense without knowing what the author meant, but he certainly could NOT have meant what those who misquote it for their own agendas are trying to make it mean.

Old 12-23-2018, 09:50 PM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It's not just a book saying the book is the last and final word, because there was no such "book" as the one now known as "The Bible" in existence when the words were written.

WHAT scripture does the verse refer to? Itself, a letter that's being written that will someday, unbeknownst to the letter writer, be considered scripture? The Jewish scriptures? The as-yet-unwritten gospels?

It just doesn't make any sense without knowing what the author meant, but he certainly could NOT have meant what those who misquote it for their own agendas are trying to make it mean.
So, you don’t know what it means, but you know what it doesn’t mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity