Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2019, 06:51 PM

7,322 posts, read 6,922,759 times

Advertisements

As a christian loving God, I love those He loves and give space to those with conflicting views knowing the world is basically antagonistic toward God by nature .
There are those that make a pretense of faith toward God, but no real faith toward God in them exist.
The sin in man is rebellion .
This is the nature that actively divides man from God .
Religion is not a substitute for God's design.
God's design is that He teach you . Jesus provided this through the gift of the Holy Spirit He alone can provide.
Good works by men's standards do not necessarily fall in line with Gods perfect will , and since God sees things from an eternal point of view and knows the heart of man , His direction has a better outcome .
Seeking His will, and doing it, is the behavior He is after.
The opposite of rebellion .
What a man is with out God in any way ,no matter how good men think of him ,outside God's personal influence , is operating in rebellion .religious or not.
I covet not to be your teacher ,but that you choose God to be your teacher, this is Gods design. What Jesus came to provide.
If you have a problem, the person to help you with that problem is God .
If a person rejects Gods influence , it is their choice .

To the OP,
The conflict homosexuality and sexual promiscuity creates is social disorder much like; lies, theft, and rape, and child abuse.
Trying to force something totally abnormal to be accepted as normal is a problem for people that cherish what is actually normal .
Children are particularly susceptible to influences of contrary behaviors ,and oft times injuries that occur in youth don't go away . As a society it seems to me that the behaviors to be modeled are of quality, not degradation .
Do you consume foods that are garbage or foods that are good for you ?
Do you seek after trash ,or the better things of life ?
There would be none of the fantastic things we have with out quality standards .

Old 01-12-2019, 06:57 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You're right. It shouldn't happen. And Christians don't do that. It's certainly not in our Bible to tell us to do that. Nowhere in Scripture does it suggest anything close to that.

Nor does it suggest we should belittle anyone. But rather than throw stones about that, how's about getting every angry non-Christian on this forum to issue an apology for their rude behavior toward us?

You can start (are you a Christian? I have no idea). I'll be waiting.
Can you imagine the outrage and heat we would get here if we dared tell someone specifically to go burn in hell? Yet, I mention again how it was said to me, and it's no big deal. Such a unbelievable hypocritical double standard.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
As a christian loving God, I love those He loves and give space to those with conflicting views knowing the world is basically antagonistic toward God by nature.
I don't see it as being antagonistic towards God, rather it's more towards that of fundamentalism in general.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:18 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Can you imagine the outrage and heat we would get here if we dared tell someone specifically to go burn in hell? Yet, I mention again how it was said to me, and it's no big deal. Such a unbelievable hypocritical double standard.
You can say that to me, it's nothing that I would cry about as it doesn't exist according to your understanding or perception. Personally, I've actually been told that I will be burning in Hell for all eternity - forever and ever to coin a phrase. But I never believed that even as a child, which makes me wonder why mature adult's do?

Old 01-12-2019, 07:19 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Do you not comprehend how uppity, out of touch, and just obnoxious that sounds when that is always your go-to response? To just tell us that we're "carnally minded", and that we're not as high-minded as you are? My goodness, it just makes you look like a pompous jerk.
You should worry about your own state of mind and not what you think others might think about mine. It might be wiser to focus on attaining a loving state of mind rather than on anal sex or other carnal acts that seem to so thoroughly occupy your mind. There is nothing more pompous than you and Jeff thinking you know what God abhors because some ignorant primitive men wrote their opinions in a book.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:36 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You can say that to me, it's nothing that I would cry about as it doesn't exist according to your understanding or perception. Personally, I've actually been told that I will be burning in Hell for all eternity - forever and ever to coin a phrase. But I never believed that even as a child, which makes me wonder why mature adult's do?
The thing is ...I'm pretty sure that Jeff DOES believe in a literal hell for 'the unbelievers'. So, he gets pretty freaked out when it's HE who is on the receiving end of the very place he would have no compunction of sentencing 'sinners' to. Yes, it's hard to believe that mature minds are so accepting of the literal hell concept but religious brainwashing is very powerful as we see constantly on this and other threads.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Try to imagine, jeff, how many fundies here on CD have smilingly pictured me being toasted for eternity. More than a few have said as much to my face.

I'm pretty sure the rest of you have at least considered it.

If fundies hate me, it means I'm getting to them.

It means they're losing and they know it and they hate it.

Old 01-12-2019, 07:50 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,013,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You should worry about your own state of mind and not what you think others might think about mine. It might be wiser to focus on attaining a loving state of mind rather than on anal sex or other carnal acts that seem to so thoroughly occupy your mind. There is nothing more pompous than you and Jeff thinking you know what God abhors because some ignorant primitive men wrote their opinions in a book.
I've been telling you and everyone else here that we don't have a problem with hate. It's you and the others here that are projecting your hatred on us.

Old 01-12-2019, 08:00 PM

Quote:
If you were to use a modicum of common sense rather than to blindly accept some misinterpreted texts from the Bible (remember Jeff, the Bible is a book!) then you would simply pass off any 'go to hell' responses that many of us have had said to us at some point in time. It really IS 'no big deal' unless you truly believe that hell exists and that the majority of people will finish up there being tormented forever and ever. It's a horrible feeling to be on the receiving end of something that you believe is 'okay' for others, isn't it, Jeff?

Old 01-12-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD
Quote:
I've been telling you and everyone else here that we don't have a problem with hate. It's you and the others here that are projecting your hatred on us.
To bring this topic back into perspective - if it was ever in perspective to begin with - it's WHAT you believe from a book, BaptistFundie, that produces the perceived 'hatred' from others that you speak of. And, just as you cannot separate the 'sin' from 'the sinner' (even though you claim to do so) others cannot separate 'God's hatred for the homosexual' from those who believe 'God's hatred for the homosexual'. See how this works? It's You and yours that brings on this perceived 'hatred' toward you from others.

I'll add another question to the now rather lengthy list of previously unanswered questions asked of you. Do you believe that Leviticus 20:13 refers to homosexuality? If so, do you believe that GOD is commanding you, BaptistFundie, an obedient servant to His word, to execute homosexuals? If not, would you therefore agree that we need to throw out that verse and never again use it - or Leviticus 18:22 - ever again to condemn homosexuality?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity