Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2019, 03:24 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times

Advertisements

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 02-05-2019 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-05-2019, 03:25 PM

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 02-05-2019 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-05-2019, 04:41 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotmail45 View Post
ok I see you must not be familiar with these scriptures in the new and old testaments.
Hoo boy. Those FEW scriptures you hint at (because you probably haven't a clue what they are or where they are found or what they mean) HAVE been both addressed AND discussed MANY times, Hotmail45. And, I'll tell you now based on the structure and the contents of your posts that I would guess you're out of your depth when it comes to seriously discussing 'the Bible and homosexuality'. I realize that you're a newcomer but I'm just letting you know. Okay?

Quote:
I know anyone that's a voice for homosexuals will try to twist and bend these scriptures to make it seem as God has love for someone whos in a loving relationship no matter what kind of relationship is just false.
Discussing scripture on this particular subject with others who care to discuss scripture is my preference. However, on this thread there are several others such as yourself, Hotmail45, who are either too religiously brainwashed or too inept, or maybe both, to discuss this topic on a Bible scholarly level. As I said previously, I'm guessing you're out of your depth and you need to know this from the outset. Again ...okay?

Quote:
Gods law and commandments change not.
Right. SO, have you stoned to death any disobedient children during your Christian walk? THAT is a command from God 'who changes not'. How about women adulterers? They are to be stoned until dead. Just female adulterers, I believe. God doesn't appear to have any respect for women. How about those who profane the Sabbath? I'd guess that 90% of professed Christians are guilty of that one. How many Christians DON'T profane the Sabbath? Not too many. Anyway, they are to be stoned to death according to God 'who changes not'. Then we have - oh, my goodness - then we have females who are found not to be virgins on their wedding night. They are to be stoned to death. A command from God 'who changes not'. Are YOU, Hotmail45, keeping God's law and commandments 'that change not'?

Quote:
the only law Jesus took away was the sacrifice law.
That's the sacrificial system. And I agree. According to the Bible, that is.

Quote:
the thing people need to recognize is that yes we are saved by grace that you can REPENT and sin no more.
I don't know you but I would guess that you're as much a 'sinner' as those you point your pious finger at. Are you seriously telling us that you 'sin no more'? Face it, Hotmail45 ...you're a flaming hypocrite!

Quote:
Jesus death gives us a grace period to get our life right before we die and go to judgement. just like your credit card company gives you a grace period to pay your bill. Numbers 23:19 and Hebrew 13:8 explains how God nor his son Jesus never change what they say or the LAW!
What YOU need to do, Hotmail45, is to keep YOUR house in order rather than to poke your nose into your neighbor's house-cleaning methods. You also need to make sure that you know what you're talking about before you attempt to jump into a thread that has already - many times. in fact - taken well care of any and all scriptures that appear to condemn homosexuality. The other anti-gay regulars you may meet here are merely regurgitating the same hate mail they began with and are pretty much demonstrating the tactics of those who are caught up in the death throes of unacceptable Christian fundamentalism.

Quote:
Leviticus 18:6,18:22,20:13. Romans 1:26-27 all explains Gods hate for the homosexual lifestyle
Have you ANY idea what those passages of scripture are referring to, Hotmail45? No, I thought not. Maybe you would like to do some serious study and THEN get back to us. Okay?

Old 02-05-2019, 05:03 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
burned any bibles lately? Enough with the trolling questions.
+1

Old 02-05-2019, 07:02 PM

6,796 posts, read 2,907,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40
burned any bibles lately? Enough with the trolling questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
+1
Ah, the back-patting and the bonding of those united by prejudice and bigotry is nice to see.

But anyway, are you up to some serious discussion of actual scripture, BF? There are only a half dozen of the 'clobber' passages, if that. It's hardly worth it, however, as none of them address homosexuality per se anyway. The authors of these passages had no clue what homosexuality was. You're giving them more credit than they're entitled to. You can say different until the cows come home but it won't change facts. Why are you so reluctant to admit to the fact that the Bible authors had no clue what homosexuality was, BF? I mean, you must know that through sheer reasoning ability. Sexual ignorance has only in fairly recent times been shaken off by medical science. So, how could the ancients have been as clued in about human sexuality as you seem to claim? And please ...don't say that God educated them.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
There's no talking sense with the senseless. No asking for pity from the pitiless.

Fundies have all the empathy of reptiles.

Without the warmth and charm.

Old 02-05-2019, 09:56 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
ok I see you must not be familiar with these scriptures in the new and old testaments. I know anyone that's a voice for homosexuals will try to twist and bend these scriptures to make it seem as God has love for someone whos in a loving relationship no matter what kind of relationship is just false. Gods law and commandments change not. the only law Jesus took away was the sacrifice law. the thing people need to recognize is that yes we are saved by grace that you can REPENT and sin no more. Jesus death gives us a grace period to get our life right before we die and go to judgement. just like your credit card company gives you a grace period to pay your bill. Numbers 23:19 and Hebrew 13:8 explains how God nor his son Jesus never change what they say or the LAW!
Leviticus 18:6,18:22,20:13
Romans 1:26-27 all explains Gods hate for the homosexual lifestyle
Actually, you don’t appear to know your Bible very well—-or Romans which has been the subject of the current Community Bible Study groups (over 400k conservative Christians). I’ve been attending the classes although I’m far from conservative in my theology.

In the first 16-20 verses Paul praises the Roman christians whom he had not yet visited, telling them the world is astounded by their testimony. Then, in the verses you quoted he talks about all the sins of wicked people.

Yet in the first verse of Romans 2, Paul claims the wonderful christians in Rome are committing the very same sins listed in 1: 26-27. Being in Rome the Christians were partaking of Temple sex prostitutes. They weren’t THAT good of witnesses to Jesus, but apparently weren’t separated from God by their sin either.

It’s always a dangerous and misleading use of Scroture, particularly letters, to imply a conclusion without reading who the conclusion concerns. In the case of Romans, it was “Bible believers,” not the horrible unsaved pagans and atheists.

Just saying——-

Old 02-05-2019, 10:22 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
Burned any Bibles lately? Enough with the trolling questions.
But you ARE guilty of collusion in shaming gays to at least consider suicide. Right on this thread you have compared them to pedophiles. Why aren’t your sins comparable to pedophilia. After all, it’s not the “type” of sin that keeps sinners out of heaven in your theology book—-it’s ANY sin at all. Conservative Christians once passed around a pamphlet that said on the front “What do you have to do to go to Hell.” Opening the pamphlet the reader was greeted by a blank page.

So if any sin sends one to hell, how are your sins not the same as a pedophile?

See, you’ve shown your bigotry by comparing gays to pedophiles but not equating your own sin as resulting in a similar spiritual outcome.

Now come out with some more of your self-righteous lambasting of others to prove how deeply imbedded in hypocrisy your “Christianity” truly is.

The thread title you answer very well. You are angered by homosexuality more than any other sin. And it’s because you have a heart of bigotry, just like BF who won’t equate his sins as the same as pedophilia either.

Go read the first two chapters of Romans to see the kind of “christians” both of you are. The kind that condemn others out of one side of your mouths, while practicing the same or similar sins yourselves. Your the pat yourselves on the back kind of sinners.

Most of us are in the muck, know we are, and are just encouraging others to stay the course and let God love us regardless.

P.S. A few years ago a fundamentalist pastor burned a Koran. Did you vocalize opposition to that, or think “Good for him?” No Muslim would ever callously burn a Bible as they think of Jesus as a prophet. It takes a “good” christian to callously burn the relics of other religions. Yeah!

Old 02-06-2019, 03:31 AM

Boom!

Old 02-06-2019, 08:51 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,606,053 times
Quote:
Again, you could say the same thing about a father marrying his grown daughter. Two consenting adults in a loving relationship. What's wrong with that?
Oh, where would we be without Jeff comparing a loving gay relationship with incest or pedophilia? Even after being repeatedly shown WHY these things are not the same.

But, I suppose we can't expect a fundamentalist who is not interested in learning or growing to do otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity