Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 06:46 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,171,851 times

Advertisements

If my Dad and I were beside each other, you could look at Us and see the similarities and say 'we look alike. It's another way of saying - if you've seen me, you've seen my Dad.

Jesus is God's Son. He is not God and He came to REDEEM Us.

It's a redemption process. Do you know what the words redemption and redeem mean? It means to "take back something you once had". Remember in the Bible where it says God knew Us BEFORE We were even born? ~ it's a REDEMPTION Process. And if we REPENT (turn from Our Sins), that which goes against the Nature of God) Jesus say's He will send the Father's Holy Spirit to come live inside Us (it's the Born Again process). Remember in the Bible where it says don't hide you're "LIGHT" under a bushel? THAT LIGHT is a reference to the Holy Spirit of God.
When you speak to someone who is "born again", you're speaking also to the "Holy Spirit of God" inside them. You should think carefully when you're speaking to someone with God in them.

It's a Redemption process for the Son and it's a Repentance process on Our part.

Soon 2 K/kings are coming to claim what belongs to them, they're "Chests". In a "FEW" Chests there is a Light. In "MANY" Chests there is no light.

Are you re-born in the Holy Spirit of the Father? Do you have a light inside you or is there only darkness? God says, whats in Our Hearts comes out Our Mouths.

Read with you're eyes.
Hear with you're ears.
...and see whats inside YOU.

Jesus is King and soon this World will crown a false king.
Know who you serve for they know who serves them.

Last edited by HushWhisper; 09-05-2015 at 06:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 07:08 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
HushWhisper,
You might also consider 1 Timothy 2:4-6. Why is it "God will have all mankind to be saved"? If we look at verse 6 we see why He will: "For Christ gave Himself a Ransom for all mankind." All mankind have been ransomed. Therefore God will have all mankind to be saved.

Ransom and Redeem share the same Greek word. If we look at the Old Testament and see Israel enslaved in Egypt 400+ years, what actually saved or set free the Israelites? Correct. It was not until God ransomed Israel by the firstborn of Egypt. Only then did they go free. The firstborn of Egypt is a fitting picture of God's firstborn.

If we look through the entire Old testament we see that any human or animal that was ransomed had to be freed. Fast forward to the New Testament and we see all mankind being ransomed. Therefore all mankind must be freed from slavery to sin and death and be brought into God's salvation.

So why must anyone be saved by faith now? Because these ones who believe were chosen to believe that Christ ransomed them. He died for their sins. They have a "special salvation" which comes two ages/eons prior to the rest of mankind's salvation. That is why 1 Timothy 4:10 says what it says: "God IS the Saviour of all mankind, ESPECIALLY them that believe." The believer gets a special salvation; salvation prior to the rest. There is the first fruits and latter fruits.

Christ's ransoming of all mankind does not make their salvation just a possibility but a future reality.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:19 PM

Jesus did not die in vain and God will be true to all His promises concerning those who reject the Son.

You should consider my first words above carefully and think... who are we? Where were we when God said He knew Us even before birth.

We are the "fallen of Heaven". It's a "redemption" processes~ think. We all knew each other in Heaven. We are the ones who the darkness from lucifer/satan/father of all lies touched. We are the 2/3'ds cast down...made into a New Creation. We are the ones God knew before we were even born. It's a "REDEMPTION" process and God's Son is the REDEEMER of all of Us.

When we see people fail at life, we're seeing Our Loved ones we forgot from Heaven failing. Stop the hate world. Stop the lies. Stop the Sin and repent, while it's still you're choice to do so. Soon, that choice will be taken and you will remember my words you've read this day.

Read the Words of Jesus and follow Him with all you're heart. He is the only Way to His Father. He is the only Gift God sent to send the Father's Spirit to come and change our Souls into lighted ones.

Awake world and think who you are and just how special you really are.

Which K/king will redeem you??

Old 09-05-2015, 07:28 PM

As the "darkness" (sin) of lucifer's actions spread in Heaven it darkened 2/3d's of all the angels (they're light's went out, they lost the "Father's Spirit").
God stopped it and took all of it and made a New Creation. One with a "REDEMPTION" Process for all those who repent and realize what sin truly is to God.

Awake world and know who you really are and "REPENT"!
Read the Words of Jesus and let Him be closer than a "brother" like He used to be.

~think~

~remember~

Old 09-05-2015, 08:41 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,024,285 times
Oh for Pete's sake...

Old 09-05-2015, 08:59 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
If my Dad and I were beside each other, you could look at Us and see the similarities and say 'we look alike. It's another way of saying - if you've seen me, you've seen my Dad.

Jesus is God's Son. He is not God and He came to REDEEM Us.

It's a redemption process. Do you know what the words redemption and redeem mean? It means to "take back something you once had". Remember in the Bible where it says God knew Us BEFORE We were even born? ~ it's a REDEMPTION Process. And if we REPENT (turn from Our Sins), that which goes against the Nature of God) Jesus say's He will send the Father's Holy Spirit to come live inside Us (it's the Born Again process). Remember in the Bible where it says don't hide you're "LIGHT" under a bushel? THAT LIGHT is a reference to the Holy Spirit of God.
When you speak to someone who is "born again", you're speaking also to the "Holy Spirit of God" inside them. You should think carefully when you're speaking to someone with God in them.

It's a Redemption process for the Son and it's a Repentance process on Our part.

Soon 2 K/kings are coming to claim what belongs to them, they're "Chests". In a "FEW" Chests there is a Light. In "MANY" Chests there is no light.

Are you re-born in the Holy Spirit of the Father? Do you have a light inside you or is there only darkness? God says, whats in Our Hearts comes out Our Mouths.

Read with you're eyes.
Hear with you're ears.
...and see whats inside YOU.

Jesus is King and soon this World will crown a false king.
Know who you serve for they know who serves them.
While 'Son of God' is one of Jesus' titles as is 'Son of man', and 'Son of David,' the Bible declares that Jesus is Himself God. He is the Second Person of the Trinity. Jesus is the unique 'Son of God.' It is a title referring to His nature as God and also to His unique relationship with the Father, just as His title 'Son of man' refers to His nature as man as well as referring to His Messiahship.

How much more clear can verses such as John 1:1, John 20:28-29, Phil. 2:5-6, Titus 2:13-14, and 2 Peter 1:1 be?

And if Jesus isn't God then why do the angels who say that only God is to be worshipped, worship Jesus?
Rev. 22:8 I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things. 9] But he said to me, "Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God."
And yet;
Heb. 1:5 For to which of the angels did God ever say, “You are my Son, today I have begotten you”? Or again, “I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son”? 6] And again, when he brings the firstborn into the world, he says, “Let all God’s angels worship him.”
While certain groups and cults deny the deity of Jesus, mainstream Christianity recognizes that the Bible declares Jesus to be God.

Old 09-05-2015, 11:12 PM

1,569 posts, read 1,331,756 times
Mike555 good post---to your list you might also add Colossians 1:15: "He is the image of the invisible God....firstborn of ALL creation. For by Him ALL things were created both in the heavens and the earth, visible or invisible....ALL things have been created through Him and for Him."

and

Hebrews 1:3 "the Son IS the radiance of God's glory and the EXACT representation of His being, sustaining ALL things by HIS powerful word..."

Old 09-06-2015, 03:02 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,012,828 times
The cross of Christ is Gods judgment for sin , where nothing but the blood of Jesus where all grace can come ....... The death of the innocent Jesus by the hands of people who killed him with the sin of envy who were manipulated by the devil and his hoard is the judgment God uses to judge all men and women who must take aside against sin and the devil through Jesus , where then God will release His grace for salvation and redemption and even all blessing and gifts come through this Judgment , where people must take a side against sin through the Judgment of the cross by the blood of Jesus ..................See people could be under a spiritual curse of the devil and need to repent of sin , but ignore this and just ask God for His grace of a blessing in prayer , but the answer from God will not come ...............See people will need to repent and turn away from the sin and seek God judgment to break the curse through the gifts of authority of the believer for complete redemption , through Jesus were all grace will come

Old 09-06-2015, 05:04 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgeinbandonoregon View Post
Mike555 good post---to your list you might also add Colossians 1:15: "He is the image of the invisible God....firstborn of ALL creation. For by Him ALL things were created both in the heavens and the earth, visible or invisible....ALL things have been created through Him and for Him."

and

Hebrews 1:3 "the Son IS the radiance of God's glory and the EXACT representation of His being, sustaining ALL things by HIS powerful word..."
Yes, concentrate on what you posted above here: "ALL things have been created through Him and for Him." Since all mankind and beings among the celestial realms were created FOR Christ, it stands to reason they will all be His eventually.
"things" in not in the Greek from which we get our translations. It is just "the all." Then go down to Colossians 1:20:

Col 1:20 and through Him to reconcile all to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross),
through Him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens."

Rocks and water etc. cannot be at enmity to God therefore inanimate "things" do not need reconciled. Reconciliation has to do with beings who are at enmity to God. All beings in the heavens and earth will one day be reconciled to God through the blood of Christ's cross.

As to Christ being "God" or not: Christ told His disciples after His resurrection from the dead that He is ascending to His God and to their God. His God and their (the disciple's) God was in heaven when Jesus said that. Jesus was on the earth when He told them that. Therefore, in the ultimate sense, Jesus is not their God. God is invisible and is spirit and fills heaven and earth. Jesus is not spirit nor does He fill heaven and earth.
"God" is a title. It is representative of one's office. Jesus told the Jews "Did I not say ye are gods?" Jesus is allowed to carry the title "God," not because He is His God but because He is a Subjector. God is going to subject all mankind to Jesus and then God will be All in all (see 1 Corinthians 15:22-28).

Old 09-06-2015, 06:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,176,247 times
I like to think of it this way: God took a part of Himself - a "begotten" - and crushed it for me.

I stand in awe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity