Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2015, 06:23 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber
I used to be offended myself, but I didn't attack others because of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Are you saying that you were subjected to Christian condemnation because you're gay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I said what I said, and it was nothing like what you twisted it into.
Excuse me? Why did you response in such a defensive manner? I didn't twist anything around. I just asked you a question based on what you said. You had previously referred to gay people who are offended by cruel remarks from Christians and apparently retaliate by attacking Christians. You THEN said that YOU (also) used to be offended but never attacked others because of it. My natural response was to ask if you were gay and had been previously 'offended' by Christians because of this.

So, what what was it that you were offended by?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2015, 07:51 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Excuse me? Why did you response in such a defensive manner? I didn't twist anything around. I just asked you a question based on what you said. You had previously referred to gay people who are offended by cruel remarks from Christians and apparently retaliate by attacking Christians. You THEN said that YOU (also) used to be offended but never attacked others because of it. My natural response was to ask if you were gay and had been previously 'offended' by Christians because of this.

So, what what was it that you were offended by?
I don't think I can put it any clearer. I said "truth offends".

I said nothing about being gay, and I said nothing about being offended by cruel remarks.

I said truth offends. I had a whole thread about that topic, where I expressed the issue very clearly.

If I say that the Bible says certain things are sinful, they are offended, and lash out. It happens all the time, so I am not making this up.

Some people are offended by the fact that the Bible says sexual immorality is sinful. They do not tolerate anyone talking about it. They attack and insult anyone who dares talk about it.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:13 AM

20 posts, read 14,292 times
Please note verse 50 of Ezekiel 16. Then turn to Leviticus 20:13, then look at verse 14. Notice Leviticus 18:t22. Now please note verse 4-9 of Genesis 19 Where it specifically says " But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both old and young, all the people from every quarter:

5 And they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men which came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

6 And Lot went out at the door unto them, and shut the door after him,

7 And said, I pray you, brethren, do not so wickedly.

8 Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof.

9 And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door.
So the Bible lists the abominations. Please let me say that homosexuality was merely a symptom of the things Ezekiel 16.
They had left off believing in the true God and this led them down the path of destruction. Remember in the Bible it say whether you eat or drink or whatsoever you do, do all to the glory of God. So eating should be done in a godly manner, drinking also, even the clothes we wear should reflect our love for God so that it doesn't bring shame to His name and inhibit our ability to witness for Him

Old 09-26-2015, 08:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
I don't think I can put it any clearer. I said "truth offends".

I said nothing about being gay, and I said nothing about being offended by cruel remarks.

I said truth offends. I had a whole thread about that topic, where I expressed the issue very clearly.

If I say that the Bible says certain things are sinful, they are offended, and lash out. It happens all the time, so I am not making this up.

Some people are offended by the fact that the Bible says sexual immorality is sinful. They do not tolerate anyone talking about it. They attack and insult anyone who dares talk about it.
Because the real truth is - the bible is full of lies.

And people believe the ones they want. Like you and other fundamentalists believing the lie that homosexuals making love is sinful.

Lies like that need to be challenged because simple-minded people and children can be bullied into believing they're true.

As we see here, daily.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Because the real truth is - the bible is full of lies.

And people believe the ones they want. Like you and other fundamentalists believing the lie that homosexuals making love is sinful.

Lies like that need to be challenged because simple-minded people and children can be bullied into believing they're true.

As we see here, daily.
You are free to believe the Bible is full of lies. I do not attack or insult you for believing it. I do not call you simple-minded or child-like.

The problem with you and your friends here is that you 'challenge' differing views by insults and mockery, which means you do tolerate those views. Some others choose to respect / tolerate views even if they do not agree with them.

Let us review the definition of bigotry.

Bigotry: intolerance toward those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Old 09-26-2015, 10:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
Quote:
I don't think I can put it any clearer. I said "truth offends."
Actually, the truth is never offensive.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:46 AM

20 posts, read 14,292 times
It is shame that some Christians do not realize that there is no middle ground in our fight with satan and sin. We are either for God and life or we are for satan and death. Satan tells lies and tries to fool Christians away from God. God says to believe in Him and live satan tells us we don't need God or we can compromise on what we know is right. Remember the Bible says that he that knoweth to do good and doeth it not it is sin. God says homosexuality is a sin. Which is no greater than any other sin. What makes any sin worse is our refusal to believe God when He says it is sinful and instead prefer our sin to Him. Then we make our sin to be our god, because we choose our sin over God.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, the truth is never offensive.
You think they crucified Jesus just for the giggles?

Jesus is the truth, and they were very offended by it.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:52 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtmcdge View Post
It is shame that some Christians do not realize that there is no middle ground in our fight with satan and sin. We are either for God and life or we are for satan and death. Satan tells lies and tries to fool Christians away from God. God says to believe in Him and live satan tells us we don't need God or we can compromise on what we know is right. Remember the Bible says that he that knoweth to do good and doeth it not it is sin. God says homosexuality is a sin. Which is no greater than any other sin. What makes any sin worse is our refusal to believe God when He says it is sinful and instead prefer our sin to Him. Then we make our sin to be our god, because we choose our sin over God.
Show me where god says homosexuality is a sin.

Old 09-26-2015, 11:55 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,628,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
That is strange so you think maybe the guys that accosted the Angels just wanted a good game of chess?
Good one Huck. I believe the Bible study group needs to reread and comprehend the next time. I recently heard a sermon on the tower of Babel that was false teaching too. She said that God scattered those building the tower but it was not because of any sin. I am so proud of you for reading the entire Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity