Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 06:27 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times

Advertisements

Lunatic Rally Held to Celebrate Anti-Gay Bigot Kim Davis' Jail Release

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=P...&v=9X5-FPeQof0

Old 09-09-2015, 08:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
I read that the group SURVIVOR, who wrote and performed the EYE of THE TIGER has filed a $1.2 MILLION suit against Huck and Ms. Davis

Old 09-09-2015, 08:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Thanks for posting that HeartSong. They are absolutely right. She is no heroine. She is a bigot who thinks she's so special...she can deny rights to American citizens.

Religious extremism and delusions of grandeur.....not a good combination.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:29 PM

I think she is simply a person who is deluded and being used as a tool by the politicians. I'm sure hearing the crowd must be intoxicating regardless of what type of "rock star" people try to make you into. I am pretty sure nothing good will some of this movement. I do have concerns about civil war coming to the U.S. I suppose it only takes a certain type of crisis to unleash the hatred people have into violence.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:32 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,758,897 times
Some people don't think she should have been jailed for her actions, and certainly not for her beliefs. Just fired for refusing to do her job.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:34 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thanks for posting that HeartSong. They are absolutely right. She is no heroine. She is a bigot who thinks she's so special...she can deny rights to American citizens.
Religious extremism and delusions of grandeur.....not a good combination.
Amen, Dew . . . scary indeed! Rep IOU.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heart_Song View Post
I think she is simply a person who is deluded and being used as a tool by the politicians. I'm sure hearing the crowd must be intoxicating regardless of what type of "rock star" people try to make you into. I am pretty sure nothing good will some of this movement. I do have concerns about civil war coming to the U.S. I suppose it only takes a certain type of crisis to unleash the hatred people have into violence.
Rep IOU.

Old 09-09-2015, 08:47 PM

I'm trying to imagine how this story affects my oldest daughter who is gay and in a long term committed relationship. Imagine waking up everyday to people protesting who you are. Ugh...

Old 09-09-2015, 08:47 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen88 View Post
Some people don't think she should have been jailed for her actions, and certainly not for her beliefs. Just fired for refusing to do her job.
I agree.

Politicians break the law all of the time. How many are jailed... or even reprimanded?

Old 09-09-2015, 08:48 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,227,108 times
This is where it gets tough to be "fair". Whether we like her opinions, beliefs, convictions, etc. , she does have a right to practice them. It may cost her a job (apparently not as no one can get fired from a government job least of all a minority or female) or put a public bullseye on her back but, she has a right....

The law is clear regardless of how anyone feels about it so it must prevail. The only thing I can say is that she reminds me of the movie, American President in the scene where he takes on Richard Dreyfus the Senator....and I quote...

America isn't easy. America is advanced citizenship. You've gotta want it bad, 'cause it's gonna put up a fight. It's gonna say, "You want free speech? Let's see you acknowledge a man whose words make your blood boil, who's standing center stage and advocating at the top of his lungs that which you would spend a lifetime opposing at the top of yours." You want to claim this land as the land of the free?

This woman is in the same predicament that all of us are as we view her and vice versa. This is when cooler heads must prevail. If you really want to be fair, you have to acknowledge what she says and decide on your own. As it relates to the legal aspect, that's already been decided.

This is where the left departs and sometimes becomes hypocritical. It's hard to be the "party of inclusion" whenever someone disagrees. Right or wrong, she has the right to practice her beliefs. The law as it turns out is on the plaintiff's (if you will) side and that, is that.

I can't even imagine anyone in the private sector getting away with it. I wonder how strong her convictions would have been had she been in those circumstances? I applaud her for standing up to her beliefs but, I think she may have gone about it the wrong way. The law is the law until it is either changed or eliminated.

She should be just as understanding of those on the other side of the counter as they have their rights too. Those that stand beside her are no better, or worse, than those that stand beside anyone else for their beliefs. At one time this country sort of understood this and to a limited degree, practiced it.

Now? Everything seems to be a cause celeb' I'm confident some of the politicians used her and this instance to advance a platform or agenda. I'm equally sure some will do it on the left the next time Hillary opens her mouth as well. So goes politics.

I don't call anyone lunatics, right or left. I just choose to disagree based on my own observations. So long as no one is physically assaulting the other side, it's somewhat fair game. At least she has passion when so few are passionate about anything. And for that, I can understand.

In a week, this will be faded and old news.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity