Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 06:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,029,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by um..whatever View Post
Sorry it has taken me a bit to respond to your post. I'm going tomorrow to get the TaNakh, you suggested. Thank you for that.

I'm a little confused about the Oral Torah, you mentioned. I've heard a few different things about the Talmud, but did not know that it was an 'Oral Torah'. (At least part of it) I had never heard of an 'Oral Torah' given to Moshe. I tried to find where it was in the TaNakh, to no avail. After searching it online, I found that the 'Oral Torah', was not part of the TaNakh, only the Talmud. That is somewhat confusing.

I have a lot of questions about it, but I will wait until I have read it for myself. Hopefully, a lot of my questions will be answered just from reading it. Is the Talmud like the TaNakh, where there are different ones printed, that you can suggest a certain one that I should get? If so, I would appreciate a suggestion on which one to get.

Again, thank you so much for your help. I really do appreciate it. It's good to know that if I do have questions about something, that there is someone who will try to answer those questions, or make suggestions such as a good TaNakh to get.

Thank you!
A Talmud usually comes in a set, Judaica Plaza, where I go, has sets and individuals....I've seen sets there for $142 and up...Talmud are commentary on Torah, while Mishna, if memory serves, is commentary on Talmud....

Anything by Artscroll publications is good....

You might want to get an interlinear Chumash as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
There are 2 Talmuds that I know about.
Jerusalem and Babylonian.
The second site gives the weekly Torah reading. I am a little behind and am in 1 Kings.
Hebrew Bible with English Translation
פרשת השבוע - Torah Readings for this week
That second link is to a Christian website...

Old 11-03-2015, 12:33 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Been too long....
When do we get to talk about the treasure of the Snow?

I know a Lily.
As Yeshua said even Solomon is not arrayed as such..
I musta missed this Pin, I am always thinking of you saying to myself,'' Now why don't that boy write?''

The snow ends at the dead sea, it falls on 3 peaks where the transfiguration happened with the 3, and 3 looking on the 3.

Mount Hermon is the beginning, and the snow melts into the Jordan but then it goes on to death.

Psalms 133

1{A Song of degrees of David.} Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron's beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.

A song

Until the day break, and the shadows flee away, I will get me to the mountain of myrrh, and to the hill of frankincense.
Thou art all fair, my love; there is no spot in thee.
Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards.

From the Lions Den, the mountain of leopards.

Jeremiah 18

14Does the snow of Lebanon forsake the rock of the open country? Or is the cold flowing water from a foreign land ever snatched away?

This implies that the ways of God and his word come from the snow of Hermon, Sirion.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:02 PM

- www.judaismvschristianity.com/messiah.htm

Old 11-03-2015, 01:43 PM

23,144 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Looks like a good read just glancing at it, I will have to spend some time on it, thanks.

Old 11-03-2015, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Looks like a good read just glancing at it, I will have to spend some time on it, thanks.
No problem...

Old 11-05-2015, 07:36 PM

50 posts, read 37,031 times
Quote:
A Talmud usually comes in a set, Judaica Plaza, where I go, has sets and individuals....I've seen sets there for $142 and up...Talmud are commentary on Torah, while Mishna, if memory serves, is commentary on Talmud....

Anything by Artscroll publications is good....

You might want to get an interlinear Chumash as well...
I'll look for the Artscroll publication. Thank you. Getting ready to read the link you posted as well.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by um..whatever View Post
I'll look for the Artscroll publication. Thank you. Getting ready to read the link you posted as well.
If you are in New Jersey, take a trip to Lakewood...

Old 11-07-2015, 03:56 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Had a glance myself, i agree Jesus Christ is not returning to establish a kingdom based on christianity, but at the same time i disagree with what the law is. The law that is established within us is not the law of the old testament, but the law that is victorious over the law of sin and death....... The law of the Spirit of Life. I maintain while anyone tries to keep something they will fail too, even accepting this, you are close to the kingdom of God, because you are acknowledging in a sense there needs to be a law greater than the one you fail to keep to keep you from falling. Now unto him who is able to keep you from failing. The him is the Law of the Spirit of Life...... It cannot do anything other than exhibit God.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Had a glance myself, i agree Jesus Christ is not returning to establish a kingdom based on christianity, but at the same time i disagree with what the law is. The law that is established within us is not the law of the old testament, but the law that is victorious over the law of sin and death....... The law of the Spirit of Life. I maintain while anyone tries to keep something they will fail too, even accepting this, you are close to the kingdom of God, because you are acknowledging in a sense there needs to be a law greater than the one you fail to keep to keep you from falling. Now unto him who is able to keep you from failing. The him is the Law of the Spirit of Life...... It cannot do anything other than exhibit God.
My advice is to backward engineer your beliefs...Since Christianity claims to stem from Judaism, then I think it would behoove them to find out exactly what Judaism is...Exactly what Torah is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity