Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 07:47 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
People who sin cannot know the law of God therefore they think it does not apply to them when in truth it is the only law that saves. Hence the son of man says;

"Anyone who hears my word and does not keep it I am not the one to condemn him for I did not come to condemn the world I came to save it. Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my words he already has his judge namely the words I have spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day."

"For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished.
Therefore, whoever breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, will be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does them and teaches them will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
For I tell you, unless your righteousness exceeds that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."

Go and sin no more!!!

Follow me and sin no more.
Haven't we ALL sinned and still sin?? So you are saying there are those who are perfect and no longer sin???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
1 Corinthians 10King James Version (KJV)

10 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
3 And did all eat the same spiritual meat;
4 And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

5 But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown in the wilderness.
6 Now these things were our examples, to the intent we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted.
7 Neither be ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play.
8 Neither let us commit fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three and twenty thousand.
9 Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents.
10 Neither murmur ye, as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened unto them for examples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.
13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.
14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.
15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.
16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
17 For we being many are one bread, and one body: for we are all partakers of that one bread.
18 Behold Israel after the flesh: are not they which eat of the sacrifices partakers of the altar?
19 What say I then? that the idol is any thing, or that which is offered in sacrifice to idols is any thing?
20 But I say, that the things which the Gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and I would not that ye should have fellowship with devils.
21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
22 Do we provoke the Lord to jealousy? are we stronger than he?
23 All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.
24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.
25 Whatsoever is sold in the shambles, that eat, asking no question for conscience sake:
26 For the earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof.

Psalm 107King James Version (KJV)

107 O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
2 Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;
3 And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south.
4 They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in.
5 Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them.
6 Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.
7 And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
8 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
9 For he satisfieth the longing soul, and filleth the hungry soul with goodness.
10 Such as sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, being bound in affliction and iron;
11 Because they rebelled against the words of God, and contemned the counsel of the most High:
12 Therefore he brought down their heart with labour; they fell down, and there was none to help.
13 Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and he saved them out of their distresses.
14 He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and brake their bands in sunder.
15 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
16 For he hath broken the gates of brass, and cut the bars of iron in sunder.
17 Fools because of their transgression, and because of their iniquities, are afflicted.
18 Their soul abhorreth all manner of meat; and they draw near unto the gates of death.
19 Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he saveth them out of their distresses.
20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
21 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.
23 They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters;
24 These see the works of the Lord, and his wonders in the deep.
25 For he commandeth, and raiseth the stormy wind, which lifteth up the waves thereof.
26 They mount up to the heaven, they go down again to the depths: their soul is melted because of trouble.
27 They reel to and fro, and stagger like a drunken man, and are at their wit's end.
28 Then they cry unto the Lord in their trouble, and he bringeth them out of their distresses.
29 He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
30 Then are they glad because they be quiet; so he bringeth them unto their desired haven.
31 Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
32 Let them exalt him also in the congregation of the people, and praise him in the assembly of the elders.
33 He turneth rivers into a wilderness, and the watersprings into dry ground;
34 A fruitful land into barrenness, for the wickedness of them that dwell therein.
35 He turneth the wilderness into a standing water, and dry ground into watersprings.
36 And there he maketh the hungry to dwell, that they may prepare a city for habitation;
37 And sow the fields, and plant vineyards, which may yield fruits of increase.
38 He blesseth them also, so that they are multiplied greatly; and suffereth not their cattle to decrease.
39 Again, they are minished and brought low through oppression, affliction, and sorrow.
40 He poureth contempt upon princes, and causeth them to wander in the wilderness, where there is no way.
41 Yet setteth he the poor on high from affliction, and maketh him families like a flock.
42 The righteous shall see it, and rejoice: and all iniquity shall stop her mouth.
43 Whoso is wise, and will observe these things, even they shall understand the lovingkindness of the Lord.
yada yada yada, NO SOUP FOR YOU

Old 09-16-2015, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electron View Post
Just admit that you can't do it and move on.
Here you go:
Love is an act of the will, accompanied by emotion, that leads to action on behalf of its object.

I will show you tomorrow where that comes from.
So how doe the act of the will translate towards loving your enemy?

Old 09-16-2015, 09:47 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Haven't we ALL sinned and still sin?? So you are saying there are those who are perfect and no longer sin???
I am saying that those who follow me, do what is right and the will of the Lord so they sin no more.

I do nothing on my own, I judge as I hear and my judgment is righteous because I am not seeking my own will but the will of the Lord who sent me.

The son can do nothing on his own he can only do what he sees the Father doing. Whatever the Father does the son does likewise for the Father loves the son and whatever he does He shows him.

Apart from me you can do nothing.

Old 09-17-2015, 04:38 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
Luke 22:39 Coming out, He went to the Mount of Olives, as He was accustomed, and His disciples also followed Him.
40 When He came to the place, He said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.”

41 And He was withdrawn from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and prayed,
42 saying, “Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done.”
43 Then an angel appeared to Him from heaven, strengthening Him.
44 And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.
45 When He rose up from prayer, and had come to His disciples, He found them sleeping from sorrow. 46 Then He said to them, “Why do you sleep? Rise and pray, lest you enter into temptation.”

THAT is love. An act of the will, laying to rest the roman myth of cupid, love wins, the heart wants what it wants, etc. as if love is something that you just fall into. Love is done on purpose. Accompanied by emotion: Sweating drops of blood and begging for that cup to pass from Him, I would argue, is beyond any other display of emotion. That leads to action: Does anyone not believe that Christ willingly went to the cross? 'Not my will, but Thine be done'. On behalf of its object: This is where I think most of us slip off the side of the road. We like to think that our own version of love for God is what drives us, but what about God's love for us, to see us redeemed through the blood of the Lamb? Fact is, we had enough evil thoughts yesterday to justify God killing us in our sleep last night. Yet, we are beloved, and redeemed. And Christ will receive the full reward of those he died for.

Old 09-17-2015, 07:28 AM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Dear Ztha,
Those who have not died to self, and been reborn, and have followed the false prophet Paul, will have their "covenant with death" annulled, and be swept away. (Isaiah 28:18) There are those "who does wrong", and there are those who "still keep himself holy". Those that are "outside", will be the "dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying." (Rev 22:14-15) If one has sinned, they are to repent and not return to sin, as would a dog return to eat their vomit. (Proverbs 26:11)

Old 09-18-2015, 12:32 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
The Raven in Desert places..
2 Thessalonians 2:3King James Version (KJV)
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Ezekiel
2 'Son of man, set thy face toward Gog, of the land of Magog, the chief prince of Meshech and Tubal, and prophesy against him,
3 and say: Thus saith the Lord GOD: Behold, I am against thee, O Gog, chief prince of Meshech and Tubal;

Genesis
2 The sons of Japheth: Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.

Joshua
5So the five kings of the Amorites, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon, gathered together and went up, they with all their armies, and camped by Gibeon and fought against it.

9"Here is the mind which has wisdom. The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, 10and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while. 11"The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction.…

Old 09-18-2015, 04:48 PM

24 posts, read 12,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Gee, but the law's been abolished....
Not true:-

17 'Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them. 18 In I tell you, till and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, is to disappear from the until all its purpose is achieved.

Law actually is better translated as teaching. Paul might want to say the law is abolished but its a statement that completly contradicts Jesus. The idea that gods teaching is abolished is rediculas, it would mean Jesus new commandments would be abolished also,

Old 09-18-2015, 08:33 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeliver View Post
17 'Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets. I have come not to abolish but to complete them. 18 In I tell you, till and earth disappear, not one dot, not one little stroke, is to disappear from the until all its purpose is achieved.
The Law was established to achieve an objective . . . a human being with complete self-control over his baser urges out of consideration for God and others. Jesus completed that achievement and made the purpose of the laws crystal clear and unambiguous . . . the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). He displayed God's true nature by controlling all of His human reactions to horrendous torture and crucifixion while loving even His torturers and murderers. He taught that we are to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't because that fulfills the original purpose of the laws.

Old 09-18-2015, 08:55 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
1) the law was given to shut men's mouths - read Exodus 19.

2) Use that bean God gave you and think: Jesus came to fulfill the law (in us); so how is that done? By faith in Him.

When we take our eyes off of ourselves and look to Him and His righteousness, we find that sin no longer has a grip on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity