Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 08:44 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Amen, nate. I think the message is too simple and yet too difficult to accomplish, so the rituals, dogma, and magic are preferred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It was childish, and you refuse to address the point made merely out of childish denial. I think you can't face the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yea. I can face the issue...You want a religion that tells you that there are no rules to follow...Do what thou wilt, that is the whole law...
WRONG!!! This reveals you do NOT get it. You want a religion and a God you have to obey in anticipation of being special and favored by your God for your genetics and faithful obedience. But there is ONE Rule - - agape love for God and everyone. It is the basis for all others and it has nothing to do with being OBEDIENT. When you use agape love for all involved to guide your decisions and interactions, you cannot sin and are completely obedient to what God actually wants from us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 10:43 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Yea. I can face the issue...You want a religion that tells you that there are no rules to follow...Do what thou wilt, that is the whole law...
Why don't you just stick your fingers in your ears and say, "Nyah nyah nyah I can't hear you." It would be more appropriate.

Old 12-22-2015, 09:48 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Proverbs 16:22
Understanding is a wellspring of life to those who have it.
And who has that Life?

Old 12-22-2015, 01:36 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
WRONG!!! This reveals you do NOT get it. You want a religion and a God you have to obey in anticipation of being special and favored by your God for your genetics and faithful obedience. But there is ONE Rule - - agape love for God and everyone. It is the basis for all others and it has nothing to do with being OBEDIENT. When you use agape love for all involved to guide your decisions and interactions, you cannot sin and are completely obedient to what God actually wants from us all.
True, Mystic, which is a good illustration of why it is better to be "unlawful" in his terms than it is to be unprincipled.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:00 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Going back to a place of Importance.
Genesis 28New International Version (NIV)

28 So Isaac called for Jacob and blessed him. Then he commanded him: “Do not marry a Canaanite woman.2 Go at once to Paddan Aram,[a] to the house of your mother’s father Bethuel. Take a wife for yourself there, from among the daughters of Laban, your mother’s brother. 3 May God Almighty[b] bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples. 4 May he give you and your descendants the blessing given to Abraham, so that you may take possession of the land where you now reside as a foreigner, the land God gave to Abraham.” 5 Then Isaac sent Jacob on his way, and he went to Paddan Aram, to Laban son of Bethuel the Aramean, the brother of Rebekah, who was the mother of Jacob and Esau.

Esau goes to Ishmael
6 Now Esau learned that Isaac had blessed Jacob and had sent him to Paddan Aram to take a wife from there, and that when he blessed him he commanded him, “Do not marry a Canaanite woman,” 7 and that Jacob had obeyed his father and mother and had gone to Paddan Aram. 8 Esau then realized how displeasing the Canaanite women were to his father Isaac; 9 so he went to Ishmael and married Mahalath, the sister of Nebaioth and daughter of Ishmael son of Abraham, in addition to the wives he already had.

Jacob’s Dream at Bethel
10 Jacob left Beersheba and set out for Harran. 11 When he reached a certain place, he stopped for the night because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones there, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep.12 He had a dream in which he saw a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. 13 There above it[c] stood the Lord, and he said: “I am theLord, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you and your descendants the land on which you are lying. 14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth, and you will spread out to the west and to the east, to the north and to the south. All peoples on earth will be blessed through you and your offspring.[d] 15 I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”

16When Jacob awoke from his sleep, he thought, “Surely the Lord is in this place, and I was not aware of it.”17 He was afraid and said, “How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of God; this is the gate of heaven.”

18 Early the next morning Jacob took the stone he had placed under his head and set it up as a pillar and poured oil on top of it. 19 He called that place Bethel,[e] though the city used to be called Luz.

20 Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear 21 so that I return safely to my father’s household, then the Lord[f] will be my God 22 and[g] this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”

The stone the builders rejected.

Old 12-22-2015, 08:26 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
"I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquity I will remember no more." (Heb. 8:12)

-God.

Reminder - Satan (prosecuter)

Who do we sound like?

Old 12-22-2015, 09:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
"I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and iniquity I will remember no more." (Heb. 8:12)

-God.

Reminder - Satan (prosecuter)

Who do we sound like?
Did G-d really say that?...Or did man say that He said that?...

Reminder - Satan (blocker of the path, hinderer, applies to humans and messengers of G-d, both good and bad)...

Old 12-22-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Why don't you just stick your fingers in your ears and say, "Nyah nyah nyah I can't hear you." It would be more appropriate.
Your problem is that you know that I am more intelligent than you are and it irks you, so you attack like a little child...Pity...

Old 12-22-2015, 09:16 PM

Quote:
No...I am sorry...You are just wrong...For someone who claims to belong to a certain organization, I find myself disappointed in you...You just have a rebellious nature and have formed your own god to tell you what you want to hear, without even the slightest of written communication from your god, you have made him up out of thin air...Following rules make you a better person...I am sorry that you don't understand...

Old 12-22-2015, 09:20 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your problem is that you know that I am more intelligent than you are and it irks you, so you attack like a little child...Pity...
Just the opposite, Richard. Your inability (or unwillingness) to "get it" reveals a definite lack of intellectual power (or stubborn "dogmatic" resistance). I cannot believe you do not know the difference between following rules and following the principle the rules were derived from. Clearly, you just believe in a God who demands OBEDIENCE, period. You intend to OBEY because that is what you think God cares about. Sad, very sad! Hopefully someday you will mature spiritually out of the OBEDIENCE paradigm and into the genuine agape love one that is REALLY what God wants from us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity