Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 01:32 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,223,164 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I remain amazed at how much fundamentalists love gay sex. They cannot get enough of it. They aren't out feeding the hungry or tossing a ball with their kids..... they are reading up on all-things-gay.

It is mind-bending.
I'm gay, and I don't think about it very much lol! And I NEVER think about heterosexual sex. Well, because I'm not a closeted heterosexual...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 01:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Sometimes you have to kick the ant pile every so often just to see what happens...
...making trouble, where there isn't any.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Sometimes you have to kick the ant pile every so often just to see what happens...
So you troll. Thanks for letting us know.

Old 11-10-2015, 03:56 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:
From the OP...

Basically some of you are saying - it should be OK to fill yourself up on doughnuts for breakfast, pop-tarts for lunch, and hot dogs/potato chips for dinner, along with washing it down with your favorite sugary drink, because that's what you want. It doesn't matter that it's a bunch of empty calories that does not provide the proper fuel for your body. If I love you, your diet should not matter - I should be OK with it - regardless that it will cause diabetes by the age of 30.

I would think that love would want the best for a person. The gay lifestyle is simply a sugary substitute for real healthy man/woman relationships for which we are designed.
If you start from an incorrect assumption--that being gay is a "lifestyle"---you might be right. But diabetes also comes at birth--without the ingestion of sugary treats. And it can be a VERY GOOD THING for some people as it forces them from birth to make correct life choices regarding food.

It's also natural--no sin involved--it occurred in nature, not a choice. Just like homosexuality.

But if you sit in church services Sunday after Sunday listening to idiots tell you that homosexuals "choose" to be homosexual, and you follow unaccredited or discredited "scientists" who tell you what you want to hear, and you spend decades forcing homosexuals to stay single thereby literally encouraging them to be promiscuous---then you're not a christian--you are a bigot, unable to understand nature, psychology, or sociology, let alone understand Scripture contextually or in light of the teaching and practices of Jesus.

Jesus certainly spoke out against "sin." But the sin for which He extolled the most vitriol was always the "bible believers" of His day who claimed to know what scripture meant.

True Christ followers are always learning, never have arrived, and enjoy the journey in the now, rather than spending all their time planning for the hereafter. That's what happens when the LIVING CHRIST enters your heart. You accept that God made the world the way He wishes and Jesus commanded us to love God and love one another--and treat those others decently and with respect.

Only those claiming to be believers are in danger of being rebuked by God--that's certainly me. And God can rebuke me for standing up for people you try to put down. I'm okay with that.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:21 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
True Christ followers are always learning, never have arrived, and enjoy the journey in the now, rather than spending all their time planning for the hereafter. That's what happens when the LIVING CHRIST enters your heart. You accept that God made the world the way He wishes and Jesus commanded us to love God and love one another--and treat those others decently and with respect.
According to the Bible, Christ said he would burn people up in everlasting fire. I'm not sure why anyone would want to follow a guy like that.

If you want to see the "not so nice" teachings of Christ, just reference the bible quotes regularly posted on here by our resident fundamentalist Christians.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
According to the Bible, Christ said he would burn people up in everlasting fire. I'm not sure why anyone would want to follow a guy like that.

If you want to see the "not so nice" teachings of Christ, just reference the bible quotes regularly posted on here by our resident fundamentalist Christians.
That's not what was said, there is no such thing as an everlasting fire.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:37 PM

45,577 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If you start from an incorrect assumption--that being gay is a "lifestyle"---you might be right. But diabetes also comes at birth--without the ingestion of sugary treats. And it can be a VERY GOOD THING for some people as it forces them from birth to make correct life choices regarding food.

It's also natural--no sin involved--it occurred in nature, not a choice. Just like homosexuality.

But if you sit in church services Sunday after Sunday listening to idiots tell you that homosexuals "choose" to be homosexual, and you follow unaccredited or discredited "scientists" who tell you what you want to hear, and you spend decades forcing homosexuals to stay single thereby literally encouraging them to be promiscuous---then you're not a christian--you are a bigot, unable to understand nature, psychology, or sociology, let alone understand Scripture contextually or in light of the teaching and practices of Jesus.

Jesus certainly spoke out against "sin." But the sin for which He extolled the most vitriol was always the "bible believers" of His day who claimed to know what scripture meant.

Only those claiming to be believers are in danger of being rebuked by God--that's certainly me. And God can rebuke me for standing up for people you try to put down. I'm okay with that.
There are always choices with what people do with themselves. The person born with diabetes makes a choice - every day - to make good life choices with regards to diet. Did it matter with regards to the condition? Did the person born with diabetes just addict him/herself to a super sugary diet because of how he/she was born?

Look - if you don't give a darn about the Lord - then you are going to do whatever - I understand that. But if the Father and Son matter at all - which SHOULD BE the norm in this area of C-D - one should always be striving to mirror Christ's life and avoid sin as much as possible.

Just like the one born with diabetes values life - and his choices reflect that... so should be the one who values eternal life regardless of sexual preference.

Warden - I do appreciate you at least giving a thoughtful response unlike the ants out there who are content with biting the ankles of others.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:41 PM

Quote:
There are always choices with what people do with themselves. The person born with diabetes makes a choice - every day - to make good life choices with regards to diet. Did it matter with regards to the condition? Did the person born with diabetes just addict him/herself to a super sugary diet because of how he/she was born?

Look - if you don't give a darn about the Lord - then you are going to do whatever - I understand that. But if the Father and Son matter at all - which SHOULD BE the norm in this area of C-D - one should always be striving to mirror Christ's life and avoid sin as much as possible.

Just like the one born with diabetes values life - and his choices reflect that... so should be the one who values eternal life regardless of sexual preference.

Warden - I do appreciate you at least giving a thoughtful response unlike the ants out there who are content with biting the ankles of others.
You see sin, where there is none.
It's a fearful expectation.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:08 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Playing the naivety card...
No, what IS naive (or worse) is a comparing the results of profligacy among a gay population with the results of normal living. The point being made was about committed relationships and the results of a survey using that information would show no deviance from the results of committed heterosexual relationships.

Apples to oranges.

Old 11-10-2015, 07:42 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,711,531 times
Quote:

Of course we have choices--and choices that demonstrate love of neighbor are GODLY choices. A man loving a man and asking a man to be his lifelong partner is a DEMONSTRATION of love--not an illustration of sin.

Now virtually all other things you might call "sin" are demonstrably anti-love--ALL of them--even overeating and endangering one's personal health is anti-love with regard to one's own family and closest friends who might be devastated by one's untimely early death. I can show you the same with adultery, pedophilia, murder, theft, extortion, bribery, drug addiction---you name it. I think it is partly visible in abortion which I view as mostly tragic.

But two gay people loving one another has no bearing on anti-loving one's neighbor--unless they have a fundamentalist neighbor who just can't feel the "love" because he has gay neighbors. I don't think that would count as they are being Pharisees anyway and Jesus didn't put up with much of what they had to say anyway.

Choosing to worship in a particular church or denomination is a LIFE CHOICE, and I rejected mine after it began moving away from it's historic calling to pounding out ugly messages about gays and backing off on treating women as equals. Being born gay is not a life choice. Why would anyone CHOOSE a gay life style when it has prompted everything from scorn to execution for those so living? No one would "choose" such a lifestyle. They are born the way the are because you are born the way you are. The sooner you see homosexuals as no different than any other people despite who they are attracted to, the closer you will be to making a real leap into faith in Christ.

Of course homosexuals are sinners in the same way heterosexuals are sinners--not one bit of difference. If fundamentalists could get their heads out of other people's bedrooms they could concentrate on spiritual matters that actually DO matter--and it's not pointing out sin---it's about showing kindness and compassion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity