Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 01:29 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,408,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Dear sven,
I went to a RCC school in the 1950s, and the nuns taught that the Protestants simply went to hell. I am sure the Ecumenical Council has since modified that stance. The RCC seems to be now trying to share pew space with the Marxist, humanistic, Unitarian church. Although, a lot of Protestants have a space reserved for themselves in the grave/sheol/pit/hell, the grave is also full of Catholics.

The better question would be who has a ticket for the lake of fire. According to Revelation 20:12, that would be determined on one's deeds recorded in the "book of life". According to Rev 20, it is not what false belief system you have, it is what you have done.
I was there with you but came away with a far different view than you have. One really needs to listen and understand, not just listen. But it's never too late to learn. You can still go to www.catholic.com and keep learning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 08:21 AM

1,382 posts, read 760,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I was there with you but came away with a far different view than you have. One really needs to listen and understand, not just listen. But it's never too late to learn. You can still go to www.catholic.com and keep learning.
Dear Janelle,
Most of my family remains Catholic, and in turn they have all received of "her plagues", ranging from cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. (Rev 18:4)
The RCC remains founded in rote, and the traditions of men.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:09 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,473,921 times
Quote:
Dear Janelle,
Most of my family remains Catholic, and in turn they have all received of "her plagues", ranging from cancer, diabetes, heart disease, etc. (Rev 18:4)
So, they have suffered from cancer, diabetes and heart disease because they are Catholic?

Old 10-10-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
So, they have suffered from cancer, diabetes and heart disease because they are Catholic?
Dear grm,
They suffer the "plagues" of "her"/Babylon, because they have not "come out of her".
Revelation 18:4,"Come out of her, my people, that you may not participate in her sins and that you may not receive of her plagues;"

When Yeshua cured the man from his ailment, he told the man to sin no more, less something worse should befall him. (John 5:14) Sin is transgression of the law, and the RCC doesn't even have the correct version of the law in which to abide. Despite the fact that the shepherd of the "flock doomed for slaughter" (Zech 11:7-10), Paul/Favor, the false prophet, has effectively "done away" (2 Cor 3) with the law for his followers, of which the RCC is included. That leaves the RCC as simply the "adulteress" taken for the value of 30 pieces of silver (Hosea 3:1) "for many days", which "afterward the sons of Israel will return".

John 5:14, "Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, "Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you.""

Your pope is simply the successor of the steward who had the keys of the house of David, for which, "when he opens, no one can shut", and who was pulled down from office due to shaming his master's house. (Is 22:15-23): The successor/pope, will also "fall", "in that day", and those hanging on him, "will be cut off" (Is 22:23-25). In the mean time, the pope's followers will suffer from their demons, despite the large number of priest now hired to cast out demons by the present pope, because he had failed at his endeavor to cast out demons, and they will suffer from the plagues lest they repent and sin no more.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:41 AM

1,592 posts, read 1,200,265 times
My saying it's an "official" church stance was hasty. It's more of a wink-wink and a nod-nod.

Old 10-10-2015, 03:45 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,473,921 times
Quote:
Dear grm,
They suffer the "plagues" of "her"/Babylon, because they have not "come out of her".
Revelation 18:4,"Come out of her, my people, that you may not participate in her sins and that you may not receive of her plagues;"

When Yeshua cured the man from his ailment, he told the man to sin no more, less something worse should befall him. (John 5:14) Sin is transgression of the law, and the RCC doesn't even have the correct version of the law in which to abide. Despite the fact that the shepherd of the "flock doomed for slaughter" (Zech 11:7-10), Paul/Favor, the false prophet, has effectively "done away" (2 Cor 3) with the law for his followers, of which the RCC is included. That leaves the RCC as simply the "adulteress" taken for the value of 30 pieces of silver (Hosea 3:1) "for many days", which "afterward the sons of Israel will return".

John 5:14, "Afterward Jesus found him in the temple and said to him, "Behold, you have become well; do not sin anymore, so that nothing worse happens to you.""

Your pope is simply the successor of the steward who had the keys of the house of David, for which, "when he opens, no one can shut", and who was pulled down from office due to shaming his master's house. (Is 22:15-23): The successor/pope, will also "fall", "in that day", and those hanging on him, "will be cut off" (Is 22:23-25). In the mean time, the pope's followers will suffer from their demons, despite the large number of priest now hired to cast out demons by the present pope, because he had failed at his endeavor to cast out demons, and they will suffer from the plagues lest they repent and sin no more.

Bless your little heart. That is pure gibberish.

Old 10-10-2015, 05:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 36,988,532 times
Quote:
Congratulations! I've heard a lot of ridiculous anti-Catholic nonsense in my time, but that post is at the top of the list. It even beats out, "Catholics steal kids and turn them into nuns." which I heard, about 40 years ago, from an uneducated fundamentalist who lived in the back hills of Tennessee.

I thought no one would ever top that old woman. But I was wrong.

Care to share what church teaches that....or did you think it up on your own?

Old 10-10-2015, 06:02 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,880,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I believe you misspoke. What you must have meant to say was that "your current JW teachers teachings prove they are wrong." I doubt that Jesus is a current member of the JWs.

\The teachings of Jesus--found intact in every translation on earth--prove 100% the trinity religions are all wrong.

This is what a true followers heart tells their minds to do daily--Jesus taught--John 4:22-24= Jehovah.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:15 PM

31,374 posts, read 19,998,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
\The teachings of Jesus--found intact in every translation on earth--prove 100% the trinity religions are all wrong.

This is what a true followers heart tells their minds to do daily--Jesus taught--John 4:22-24= Jehovah.
^^^

Non-think in what passes for action.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Congratulations! I've heard a lot of ridiculous anti-Catholic nonsense in my time, but that post is at the top of the list. It even beats out, "Catholics steal kids and turn them into nuns." which I heard, about 40 years ago, from an uneducated fundamentalist who lived in the back hills of Tennessee.

I thought no one would ever top that old woman. But I was wrong.

Care to share what church teaches that....or did you think it up on your own?

Dear dd,
Catholics don't steal kids, they produce them. The "old woman" was probably talking about the corruption of their little undeveloped minds. As for nuns, they are a dying breed. The "old woman" must have been pretty old to have even seen a nun. I can't even imagine a nun being in the state of Tennessee, especially in the "back hills".

I made reference and gave source quips from my sources. It is called the bible. I am always willing to give you more references with respect to the tradition and rote of the RCC and it's daughters:

Isaiah 29:13-14New American Standard Bible (NASB)
[SIZE=2]13 [/SIZE]Then the Lord said,
“Because this people draw near with their [SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]a[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]words
And honor Me with their [SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]b[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]lip service,
But they remove their hearts far from Me,
And their [SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]c[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]reverence for Me [SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]d[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]consists of [SIZE=2][[/SIZE][SIZE=2]e[/SIZE][SIZE=2]][/SIZE]tradition learned by rote,
[SIZE=2]14 [/SIZE]Therefore behold, I will once again deal marvelously with this people, wondrously marvelous;
And the wisdom of their wise men will perish,
And the discernment of their discerning men will be concealed.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity