Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:37 AM

88,128 posts, read 83,978,350 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
Interestingly these intolerant Evangelicals are very much like the Muslim fundamentalists. It is their way or the highway. If religions were tolerant of each other the world would be a much better place.
Imagine that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2015, 09:52 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,022,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Is that true?
Yes. Francis has talked about it.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:40 AM

50 posts, read 36,878 times
[quote=Julian658;41350938]Interestingly these intolerant Evangelicals are very much like the Muslim fundamentalists. It is their way or the highway. If religions were tolerant of each other the world would be a much better place.[/QUOTE/]

A lot of evangelicals hold dearly to freedom of religion. They understand that there are other religions, and have no problem with that. They do not wish to silence them, or make them change their religion.

They simply have their own beliefs, and do not want to take part in a religious event where people are praying to different gods that are not theirs. For them, it would be a sin to do so. They are not trying to force their beliefs on others, and do not want someone else's belief's forced on them. So my way or the highway, is really what you are pushing, not evangelicals.

You are trying to say they are intolerant for not taking part in something they would believe to be a pagan ceremony. Basically, if they do not believe and think like you do, then they are intolerant. You believe they should be embracing this new philosophy of 'one universal religion', where supposebly all religions pray to the same god anyway.

So for anyone who does not embrace this new 'oneness', they are intolerant. So for anyone who does not embrace this new 'one world religion', they are hateful people.

In this, you are trying to take away any and all freedom of religion. You see nothing wrong with religious groups getting together and all praying to their god, so you feel that all religions should do this, or they are hateful bigots.

I believe it is you, who is intolerant.

It does not mean that you hate people because you don't want to take part in their religious ceremony. It simply means that you have your own faith and beliefs, and wish to follow them. The fact that you are calling them intolerant for not merging their religion with others in a ceremony, shows where the true intolerance lies.

There will come a time, and it is coming soon, where a lot of evangelical Christians will be persecuted for not taking part in this new One World Universal Religion. That true freedom of religion will be gone.

By your post, it is easy to see that is has already started.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yes. Francis has talked about it.
I am glad.

Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 PM

Who said anything about a "One World Religion"? You couldn't possibly have gotten that out of the events of the last few days or the posts in this thread.

Besides, the way people within the same religion can't agree, do you think there's really any danger of such a thing happening? Lol!

Old 09-27-2015, 07:54 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,865,085 times
Well this is embarrassing after 15 years as an evangelical Christian ( fellowshipping with messanic groups as well) I learned I was a protestant!!!!! What!?? Never had a clue. Nobody ever defined a evangelical ? I thought organized religions were protestant? duh. My bad.

Last edited by openmike; 09-27-2015 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: formating issues

Old 09-27-2015, 08:25 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,286,876 times
[quote=um..whatever;41352210]
Quote:
Interestingly these intolerant Evangelicals are very much like the Muslim fundamentalists. It is their way or the highway. If religions were tolerant of each other the world would be a much better place.[/QUOTE/]

A lot of evangelicals hold dearly to freedom of religion. They understand that there are other religions, and have no problem with that. They do not wish to silence them, or make them change their religion.

They simply have their own beliefs, and do not want to take part in a religious event where people are praying to different gods that are not theirs. For them, it would be a sin to do so. They are not trying to force their beliefs on others, and do not want someone else's belief's forced on them. So my way or the highway, is really what you are pushing, not evangelicals.

You are trying to say they are intolerant for not taking part in something they would believe to be a pagan ceremony. Basically, if they do not believe and think like you do, then they are intolerant. You believe they should be embracing this new philosophy of 'one universal religion', where supposebly all religions pray to the same god anyway.

So for anyone who does not embrace this new 'oneness', they are intolerant. So for anyone who does not embrace this new 'one world religion', they are hateful people.

In this, you are trying to take away any and all freedom of religion. You see nothing wrong with religious groups getting together and all praying to their god, so you feel that all religions should do this, or they are hateful bigots.

It does not mean that you hate people because you don't want to take part in their religious ceremony. It simply means that you have your own faith and beliefs, and wish to follow them. The fact that you are calling them intolerant for not merging their religion with others in a ceremony, shows where the true intolerance lies.

There will come a time, and it is coming soon, where a lot of evangelical Christians will be persecuted for not taking part in this new One World Universal Religion. That true freedom of religion will be gone.

I assume that these are not the same people as those who want prayer in schools and other public places, you know where everyone has to be present for their prayers.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:43 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,279,269 times
[quote=um..whatever;41352210]
Quote:
Interestingly these intolerant Evangelicals are very much like the Muslim fundamentalists. It is their way or the highway. If religions were tolerant of each other the world would be a much better place.[/QUOTE/]

Yeah, up is down and left is now right.

The Pope is preaching tolerance and I agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with other religions. How could I be intolerant?

Old 09-27-2015, 10:16 PM

[quote=badlander;41357900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by um..whatever View Post

I assume that these are not the same people as those who want prayer in schools and other public places, you know where everyone has to be present for their prayers.
As I said, there are many different beliefs in christianity. I don't think you can stereotype any of them this way. Some will be this way, some won't.

Old 09-27-2015, 10:22 PM

[quote=Julian658;41358551]
Quote:
Originally Posted by um..whatever View Post

Yeah, up is down and left is now right.

The Pope is preaching tolerance and I agree. I don't think there is anything wrong with other religions. How could I be intolerant?
Maybe by calling people that don't believe in mixing faiths, intolerant? I believe you labeled all evangelicals intolerant, because they believe different than you about doing religious service with other faiths? Because maybe you said for them it was either my way or the highway, yet it was you who lashed out at the evangelicals who did not attend, by calling them intolerant?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity