Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 07:34 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Liberals or fundies or any other group in between are likely to be among the many not the few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
But, of course, you will be one of the few, not the many.
Quote:
Hope so.
Where on the spectrum of hope are you at the moment, expat? Do you think it is likely that you are or will be one of the "few"? If so, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 05:43 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Where on the spectrum of hope are you at the moment, expat? Do you think it is likely that you are or will be one of the "few"? If so, why?
ASV Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Old 09-29-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
ASV Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father who is in heaven.
Okay. And what is it that you are doing that fulfills God's will, and that "the many" are not?

Old 09-29-2015, 06:46 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Okay. And what is it that you are doing that fulfills God's will, and that "the many" are not?
Believing the right things about "the bible". You shall know them BY what they believe about the bible ..........

Old 09-29-2015, 07:35 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
If you don't know what the Father's will is your one of the many.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times
Quote:
And the usual question--What be God's will?

The ONLY answer--

He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
If you don't know what the Father's will is your one of the many.
And the few who do know it, like yourself, want to keep it under wraps so the riff raff many never become the few, apparently. Otherwise why are you being so cagey about sharing what you think you know.

Old 09-29-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Believing the right things about "the bible". You shall know them BY what they believe about the bible ..........
It keeps going back to that, doesn't it.

(Great to see you camps.)

Old 09-29-2015, 08:19 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I am talking about people who believe in the Gospel of Christ, that he died and rose again after three days as an atonement for the sins of mankind. Those who would agree with their more conservative brethren on the fundamentals of the Christian faith. On homosexuality, they may or may not believe its a sin. However, they don't see the American Christian Right as being good representatives of the message Christ taught. They look at Christ's ministry on earth and see his love and compassion for his fellow man, but only see anger and hate from the Republican right-wing. They see social justice as their calling rather than political activism. Mike Huckabee, James Dobson, and Tony Perkins do not speak for them. Anybody out there this applies to? Does it even exist?

If so, why the silence while these angry wolves in sheep's clothing hijack the Christian faith and turn it into a message of hate? You don't hear a lot of moderate voices in Christianity today to offset the extremists.
Moderate sounds a little lukewarm.

Revelation 3:

16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.

I have never heard of Tony Perkins but I believe Mike Huckabee and James Dobson are honest with their teaching. It is not hate that tries to teach someone about staying away from sinful living. False teachers are the wolves in sheep's clothing telling people what they want to hear instead of telling them the truth. The truth will set you free.

Last edited by NCN; 09-29-2015 at 08:33 PM..

Old 09-29-2015, 08:58 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Jesus spoke a lot of absolutes to be considered moderate, by any stretch of the imagination .
I think you are confusing Jesus with Paul.
Paul watered down Jesus Gospel quite a bit, and formed his own gospel to the world in stead.
That is the one most compromise with sin is about .
God does not compromise with sin, then now or ever.
If He did ,He would cease to be righteous and just.
What makes you think Paul watered down the gospels, when the gospels were written after Paul's writings and preachings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity