Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 09:33 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If you need 100% proof the bible is the inspired word of God, you have no faith and might as well not even believe in God at all.

You dont need to see the word homosexual. 2 dudes gettin it on is disgusting and unnatural. Two men cant reproduce and neither can 2 women, so it just goes agaisnt nature.
This is the crux of a fundy's bigotry.

Nada to do with god or sin.

It's icky. Because of course, all gays, male and female, really get off on nasty butt sex.

Fundies can hardly help thinking about it.

A lot....

Old 09-29-2015, 09:59 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Another one who thinks the bible equals God.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
I never said the bible equals God, as God didnt write the bible. But I do believe he preserved it with the holy spirit through mankind, Moses...... Paul... and so on.

Even if changes have been made, the message of the bible is still clear to Love God and Love one another.
You said that if one doesn't believe the bible, they might as well not believe in God. You make it an equivalent.

Quote:
You dont Love Good if you are a practicing Homo, who disregards the commands of God to refrain from sexual immorality and the same can be said about heterosexuals who are fornicators and live a lifestyle of sexual immorality.
The best answer to this ^^^, is this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The life of the same-sex attracted fundamentalist Christian is one of the most agonizing, depressing lives possible. Basically, the person has two options and only two. The first one is to change their orientation through therapy or entering into a relationship with the opposite sex. This approach all but never works. The second option is to commit to lifelong celibacy, living out your days and dying alone. Add to this the fact your entire social circle consists of homophobes so you can never be honest or authentic about who you are and always must be on your toes about conforming to social norms. This is the same-sex attracted Christian's sentence. Basically the life is hell on earth. But somehow demanding people live such a life is supposed to be "good news" and the "loving" response to the issue of homosexuality.
To refrain from "sin" would bring healing, joy, peace, love, etc., to self and others. To deny one's sexual orientation brings none of that to anyone, which is a very good indication to me that it is not a sin.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:26 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
There it is again! Lol...why fundies think about other people, especially gays, having sex I do not know.
Believe me, we try not to think about.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:35 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Believe me, we try not to think about.
Really? Hmmm.....it's not evident that your putting any effort into it. Try harder.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:36 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Another one who thinks the bible equals God.
Quote:
You said that if one doesn't believe the bible, they might as well not believe in God. You make it an equivalent.
Foolish rational .... even in human terms.

I bet however you would have no such rational if it comes to a person who has left you as the sole inheritance in their Will.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:53 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Isn't the reality that most practicing homosexuals don't believe in God? I keep seeing "god" and that is a darn good indication of not believing. Then, what confuses me is that why someone who doesn't believe in "god" cares what Biblical doctrine says or those believing in "God" say.

As I have said before, many times, if you are having some anxiety and depression over your life, maybe there is a message there. Maybe it isn't your friends and family or the world that needs to change in order for you to be able to effectively cope with your life.

The article was excellent.

Sadly, many have reached the point of calling "good evil and evil good" and I doubt that will change for them. It might change in their head but not their heart as it takes awhile to get to that level and it would be a struggle that most couldn't endure to change that thought.

My brother has a female friend that invited him to go to a gay wedding at her church. She claims that it is her friend and that in going, it is not wrong because God knows what is in her heart. Of course, she says the same thing when he spends the weekend with another man than her husband. It is a very progressive church. God knows her heart?

The company you keep has a big impact on who you are and what you become over time.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Foolish rational .... even in human terms.

I bet however you would have no such rational if it comes to a person who has left you as the sole inheritance in their Will.
Are you saying that you think the bible is a legal, binding document? You're going to approach the gates of heaven with bible in hand and say ... see it says thus and such right here in this book, this chapter and this verse, and since I believe it, you are legally obligated to let me in.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:04 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
It's really not. Unless you can explain how a person being attracted to someone else, whether it is someone of the same or a different gender, is harmful to anyone, or non-loving, it doesn't make sense to call either of them a sin.
I'm not on here to prove I'm right- if you want to believe you are right, then have at it.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:08 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Only to those lacking a certain level of cognition.
We can't all function at your level- you set too high of a bar!

Old 09-29-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'm not on here to prove I'm right- if you want to believe you are right, then have at it.
This isn't about proving someone is right or wrong. It's about a request to show how homosexuality is harmful or unloving, thus a sin. To date, no one that has been asked that on this forum has been able to.

Perhaps you could explain to me why you don't think that is an important thing to consider?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity