Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 12:48 PM

19,013 posts, read 27,562,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Two. Where in the original manuscripts of scripture is the word "homosexual" found? An Aramaic, Hebrew or Greek equivalent will suffice.

What Does the Bible Actually Say about Homosexuality? | internetmonk.com

No, it does not have exact word "homosexual" but then you need to look into the term origins also. I do not believe that word is "old" and was used then.
Here's a decent read on the topic

https://carm.org/word-homosexual-english-bible-1946

As to the OP original question.
Though shall not judge.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:12 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He has the right perspective for us Christians. God loves me no matter what, but He does not accept or condone my sinful behavior. We are not to condemn gays, but neither should we give a stamp of approval to their sin.
God is NOT counting our sins against us. Why are you???

Old 09-29-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because it isn't any of your business to do so! What is so difficult to comprehend about this? For Christians, God is NOT counting our sins against us so why on earth would anyone concern themselves with what they think is someone else's sins???
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How do you align such beliefs with this verse:
But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.
1 Corinthians 5:11
According to the Bible, it most certainly is our business if they claim to be a Christian.
How do explain this in terms of Christ's ACTUAL behavior. With whom did HE associate???? Do you test anything in the Bible against the truth revealed by Christ Himself and His unambiguous behavior? The Spirit of agape love is the standard of truth . . . not words "written in ink" and NOT tested against the Spirit.

Old 09-29-2015, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Because God's word says so. Pretty simple really.
Since Jesus is God's Living Word, where exactly did He say this????

Old 09-29-2015, 02:01 PM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Because it isn't any of your business to do so! What is so difficult to comprehend about this? For Christians, God is NOT counting our sins against us so why on earth would anyone concern themselves with what they think is someone else's sins???
Silly Mystic. Because when you are looking at what somebody else is doing, you are avoiding self-examination!

Old 09-29-2015, 02:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post

No, it does not have exact word "homosexual" but then you need to look into the term origins also. I do not believe that word is "old" and was used then.

Though shall not judge.
Ah, another disciple of Matt "The Oil" Slick.

Old 09-29-2015, 02:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Only if you're an adoring fan of the aptly-named Slick.

Old 09-29-2015, 09:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 2,897,870 times
Quote:

No, it does not have exact word "homosexual" but then you need to look into the term origins also.
Are you saying we need to try harder for the 'term origins' just so we can affirm our hate message toward gays?

Quote:
I do not believe that word is "old" and was used then.

Though shall not judge.
Well, I agree with the comments of others ...Matt Slick (CARM) is the last person that I would recommend for 'a decent read' on this topic. I wonder where Matt is right now? Hmmm ...probably harassing some Jehovah's Witness, Mormon or gay person on the street with his 'holier-than-thou' attitude.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
God is NOT counting our sins against us. Why are you???
"Those who do evil to the resurrection of condemnation."

Old 09-29-2015, 10:30 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,144 times
Quote:
How do explain this in terms of Christ's ACTUAL behavior. With whom did HE associate???? Do you test anything in the Bible against the truth revealed by Christ Himself and His unambiguous behavior? The Spirit of agape love is the standard of truth . . . not words "written in ink" and NOT tested against the Spirit.

"The reason I was born and came into the world is to testify the truth."

"The righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father."

"Stop judging by appearances, judge righteously."

"The Lord is righteous in all His ways and holy in all His works."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity