Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2016, 04:08 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,588,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I don't believe that woman was made for man.
The Word of God, anatomy and biology say otherwise, therefore,
your opinion is misguided and irrelevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I was made to please God and Him alone. A man cannot complete me. Only God can. Only God will.
One cannot say such a thing and have sexual relations with another woman
without being guilty.

This is my last post here on these homosexual subjects.
Some people are not willing to change. Goodbye.

Old 03-23-2016, 04:25 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think it's sin, either, just for the record. I don't think that's wrong.
Drob4JC also stated: "Sin is sin whether I do it, or someone else does it." from what I read it's how he reacts to such a person "and demean them .. \ wag my finger at them." , not that it's not a sin or not wrong as you seem to think --- which is a big difference.

The Holy Bible is very clear that it is a sin thus making it wrong.

As God said:
"But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband."

"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."
in other words ... outside marriage between husband\wife, everything else is sexual immoral.
p.s. ... that's NT.

Last edited by twin.spin; 03-23-2016 at 04:40 PM..

Old 03-23-2016, 04:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
No.

Your opinion is nonsensical, bigoted, irrelevant and the product of a primitive brain.

Quote:
without being guilty.

Another Fundie Flounce, crinolines a'twirl!

Old 03-23-2016, 05:20 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Another Fundie Flounce, crinolines a'twirl!
I picture Suellen O'Hara.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:24 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
In the same way that I can not control people committing suicide, I can not control people who want to believe I am a Pharisee, and I can't control people from creating the ludicrous idea that I would be complicit in a suicide.

That suicide statement is a total banana sundae with nuts.
While there are many factors that go into a decision for suicide that are well beyond any fundamentalist's control, its not as far fetched as you're making it out to be...Your understanding of a few contextually questionable verses has a direct effect on homosexuals emotional and family health in this case because it makes people out to be biblical criminals when that is highly debateable..just as pre-civil war southern slave owners poor understanding of the bible take on slavery had a direct effect on the slaves and them being beaten be the slave owners themselves or by patrols when they tried to run away.

As we've seen here, there are MANY reasons to believe that idolatrous worship and rape was the context of certain homosexual act that led it to be condemned rather than the just one or two actions themselves (often done by heterosexual couples already and most pastors have no problem with that) just as the context of Slavery in the bible was very different from how it was in the south for reasons I'm sure you are familiar with. Don't make the same mistake for the sake of tradition and the questionable understanding of a few verses written for a radically different culture. Ultimately, its between them, their partner, and God and I personally think we should encourage their relationship with Him long before we even think about condemnation. If they do it honestly, God will lead them to the truth whatever it may be...So far, the current popular approach isn't working.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:39 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Drob4JC also stated: "Sin is sin whether I do it, or someone else does it." from what I read it's how he reacts to such a person "and demean them .. \ wag my finger at them." , not that it's not a sin or not wrong as you seem to think --- which is a big difference.

As God said:
"But since sexual immorality is occurring, each man should have sexual relations with his own wife, and each woman with her own husband."

"Marriage should be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral."
in other words ... outside marriage between husband\wife, everything else is sexual immoral.
p.s. ... that's NT.

I don't know what you meant by the first sentence. My words were in response to Drob4JC's comment that some others on here do not thing same sex physical relations are in and of themselves sinful. I was clarifying that I agree with them.

God didn't say what you said he said. Paul said what you said God said.

What he said is to be expected. Paul was a Jew, raised on Torah. Paul said a lot of things I find profound. He also said a lot of things I find ridiculous. I cut my hair and I don't wear head coverings and I speak in church. As a matter of fact, I have a strong voice that carries very well, so I will be reading as the narrator for the crucifixion liturgy at the Good Friday service. I can't sing, but I have a good speaking voice. God gave it to me, and I use it.

The previous verse says, "Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to have sexual relations with a woman." Hmm. If I took that out as a standalone verse, it could read in the gay man's favor, no?

But of course that's not what it means. Paul is advocating celibacy so that a person can live as a Christian without distraction, but then goes on to say if you can't be celibate, don't commit adultery. Same sex marriage wasn't even up for discussion in his world.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:40 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,738,350 times
Quote:

without being guilty.

So we see.

Old 03-23-2016, 05:57 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

As God said:

p.s. ... that's NT.
I've talk about this before here but since you brought up the 1 Corinthians 7:2, I'll address that as well. Neither of these verses are setting modern state endorsed and Church performed marriage as the only standard for sexual actions. The first verse is not a command or an ultimate standard, it is a suggestion by Paul...which isn't his only suggestion considering he also says its ok and even somethings preferred not to marry in other verses and he even says in . And again, they had a very different idea of keeping the marriage bed "pure" than we do today since the standards they would have been going by would be from the Old Testament and whatever Jesus said on the topic.

The Old testament allowed for concubinage, polygamy, and arguably even sexual relations with certain slaves and non-cultic prostitutes (Deuteronomy 23:17-18, Proverbs 6:26, etc.). Having only one wife (even though concubines were still allowed) was a newer more popular standard in the New Testament because the Romans did it and they didn't want the Hebrews they ruled over breeding too quickly. For further study, Here's a good link that gives an idea of how sexual immorality is would have likely been and perhaps should be defined biblically: www.godrules.net/articles.harlotry.htm

Old 03-23-2016, 06:08 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
While there are many factors that go into a decision for suicide that are well beyond any fundamentalist's control, its not as far fetched as you're making it out to be...Your understanding of a few contextually questionable verses has a direct effect on homosexuals emotional and family health in this case because it makes people out to be biblical criminals when that is highly debateable..just as pre-civil war southern slave owners poor understanding of the bible take on slavery had a direct effect on the slaves and them being beaten be the slave owners themselves or by patrols when they tried to run away.

As we've seen here, there are MANY reasons to believe that idolatrous worship and rape was the context of certain homosexual act that led it to be condemned rather than the just one or two actions themselves (often done by heterosexual couples already and most pastors have no problem with that) just as the context of Slavery in the bible was very different from how it was in the south for reasons I'm sure you are familiar with. Don't make the same mistake for the sake of tradition and the questionable understanding of a few verses written for a radically different culture. Ultimately, its between them, their partner, and God and I personally think we should encourage their relationship with Him long before we even think about condemnation. If they do it honestly, God will lead them to the truth whatever it may be...So far, the current popular approach isn't working.
#1 - Everybody is a biblical criminal at some point in their life - relatively speaking.

#2 - The bold is what I have already stated to the mightyqueen.

Old 03-23-2016, 06:15 PM

6,792 posts, read 2,903,071 times
Quote:
So, one getting p-s-ed off, picking up their ball and skulking from the playground because they can't get their own way, eh? Just as well. No gay person is shamed into becoming straight and another 'fundie' bites the dust. It's a win/win.

See ya . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity