Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2016, 05:09 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,695,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen, DRob4JC !

What is so sad that the more they speak the more you see the foolishness of their ways and certainly the delusion God has placed within their thoughts of what they are interpreting with His truth. And God will reveal their deceitfulness .
I feel honored if God thinks enough of my abilities to delude me. On the other hand, you are deluding yourself, so God doesn't need to bother with you.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:02 PM

6,765 posts, read 2,879,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV
Sure it is. I decided long ago (based on Bible study) that homosexuality (per se) is not even addressed in the Bible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL.

OK, see, I don't even know what to say to that, I guess we have nothing to discuss if you have not read the law or the scriptures in the new testament speaking of sexual immoraiity.
Did you jump into this thread just recently. HF? It appears so. I realize that it's a lengthy thread but I can assure you that there are those of us who ARE well-read on the scriptures and HAVE addressed the passages of scripture that are commonly used to address (condemn) homosexuality. Clearly, you have not examined these scriptures from an exegetical viewpoint. Some of us have. And, some of us are not gay. We just defend those that are gay from the cruel taunts of fundamentalist Christians who go out of their way to dehumanize them. And, we use those very same scriptures that they use to vilify homosexuals to throw back at them. We show how wrong - both theologically and morally - these 'fundies' are.

Quote:
It is most definitely addressed in the bible ...
Well, I challenge you to present any scripture dealing with same-gender sex that is not affiliated with Pagan idolatry, shrine temple prostitution or rape. So, I would suggest that you either put up or shut up.

Fair enough?

Quote:
...but how would I speak to a person who says it aint?
You wouldn't. You first require the appropriate knowledge before any serious discussion can take place.

Quote:
What good would it do if I were to slap the scriptures up concerning homosexuality?
They've already been 'slapped up', addressed and refuted, HF. You have some catching up to do.

Quote:
If you made your mind up that it aint there, maybe you cannot see it or is it that you have created your own definition for sin?
I'm not interested in rhetoric, HF. If you have something to discuss that you're knowledgeable on, fine. If not, there's no point in attempting to do so.

**This topic is a never ending one. The very same things that have been addressed previously keep on having to be rehashed repeatedly. How many times can the same ground continue to be covered over and over and over again?

Old 03-31-2016, 08:06 PM

45,451 posts, read 27,066,345 times
Won't take up too much time with a reply...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
How about the multiple cases of God approved polygamy, or even the use of prostitutes by "men of God" in rejection of your interpretation of one man, one woman? All of you are selective literalists, picking and choosing more frequently than liberals, about what should be understood, then making up fiction, non-biblical stories that you canonize in your own minds in order to lie about homosexuals. That is the depth of your bigotry, not any spirituality.
Again - you confuse mercy with acceptance of a sinful action.

This is your logic. Let's say OJ actually murdered Nicole Brown. Because he got away with it, God approves murder.

This is your logic. Charles Stanley and his wife divorced years ago. God approves of divorce.

Quote:
No, I am not kind to Pharisees. Jesus apparently wasn't either, calling those "bible-believers" vipers, overturning their money changers in the synagogue. Drive down virtually any street in the Deep South and see church after church, many with schools for indoctrination, gyms, pools, "educational" buildings, stained glass windows, and on and on. All of them "praising" Jesus, meek and mild. Jesus was anything but, and He took on "bible-believers" with a vengeance when they twisted Scripture to defend their looking down on the "sinners" around them.
Jesus regularly quoted Scripture. The Pharisees were unbelievers. Your rhetoric continues to get more and more false and extreme as time passes.

Quote:
You cannot love God and hate your fellow man. And, no, I am not a hater, I'm exactly what you see yourself as---a practioner of tough love--pointing out your attempt to use the bible to destroy the lives of others.
No - You are a hater at this point. And again - I am the one still calling you a brother in Christ, albeit compromised at this point. I have not called you one name... and I'm the hater. Hopefully God will take the blinders off.

Quote:
No, I cannot, and will not back away from such hypocrisy. It demeans my Savior, and drives people away from seeking God. I am disobedient in the sense that I will not brush the dust off my feet and walk away from the inhospitality of fundamentalism, which condemns a group of people not because of their sinfulness, but because of who they are attracted to sexually.
Pointing out sin is not condemnation. It urges a need for God. Obviously this must be done with the proper attitude.

Quote:
You want to start a thread about how Paul and Jesus agree with one another in the Bible? Start a thread. I will be happy to dismantle your arguments using nothing but Scripture. You cannot reconcile them without creating a fiction story that becomes part of your bible.
Nope. I have no problems with Paul. I have no arguments. I have faith in the content provided by the Holy Spirit.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,120,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

This is your logic. Let's say OJ actually murdered Nicole Brown. Because he got away with it, God approves murder.
Simpson murdered two people and God shouldn't be drug into your blatant, half-baked attempt to redefine and change what Warden said.

Or else you just can't grasp what Warden is telling you. Could be both.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-31-2016 at 08:34 PM..

Old 03-31-2016, 08:32 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,171,522 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Simpson murdered two people and God shouldn't be drug into your blatant attempt to redefine what Warden said.
But when a "person" supposedly anointed by god commits murder (like David did), that is a different story..damn the California prosecution team...

Old 03-31-2016, 08:35 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,120,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
But when a "person" supposedly anointed by god commits murder (like David did), that is a different story..damn the California prosecution team...
Praise the civil jury.

I'm always a little taken aback when someone says something that boils down to "Using your logic this is what you would conclude/think about about God" when it's obviously ridiculous. Though I'm getting used to it since it's done so often by evangelicals who have no problems distorting the truth and using God to do it.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 03-31-2016 at 08:56 PM..

Old 04-01-2016, 12:18 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,695,038 times
Quote:

This is your logic. Charles Stanley and his wife divorced years ago. God approves of divorce.

Jesus regularly quoted Scripture. The Pharisees were unbelievers. Your rhetoric continues to get more and more false and extreme as time passes.

No - You are a hater at this point. And again - I am the one still calling you a brother in Christ, albeit compromised at this point. I have not called you one name... and I'm the hater. Hopefully God will take the blinders off.

Pointing out sin is not condemnation. It urges a need for God. Obviously this must be done with the proper attitude.

Nope. I have no problems with Paul. I have no arguments. I have faith in the content provided by the Holy Spirit.
As others have pointed out--your response is ridiculous, not to mention hypocrisy. If, according to your post, pointing out sin is not condemnation, then I'm but pointing out your sin in the same way you are pointing out "sin" of homosexuals.

You have no problem with Paul, because you don't have a consistent Christian view. It changes with each topic. You cannot love the OT holiness code in PART--it's all or nothing. I've chosen nothing. Now if you wish to choose the holiness code, we'll send some of your church members down to stone you to death for wearing mixed fabric clothes--that's an abomination, you know.

At least you are getting one of my points to all who debate on these threads. If you understand Scripture as a Pharisee--you're an unbeliever. Love isn't ruling your actions, the LAW is. It did for them, and that's why Jesus called them vipers. It's sinful. Get used to it. Homosexuals have to do so from you.

Old 04-01-2016, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Simpson murdered two people and God shouldn't be drug into your blatant, half-baked attempt to redefine and change what Warden said.

Or else you just can't grasp what Warden is telling you. Could be both.

What is your take on what Warden said here...
How about the multiple cases of God approved polygamy, or even the use of prostitutes by "men of God" in rejection of your interpretation of one man, one woman?
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

Why is it a different story?

Old 04-01-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
You have no problem with Paul, because you don't have a consistent Christian view. It changes with each topic. You cannot love the OT holiness code in PART--it's all or nothing. I've chosen nothing. Now if you wish to choose the holiness code, we'll send some of your church members down to stone you to death for wearing mixed fabric clothes--that's an abomination, you know.
I have faith in what was provided by Paul through the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
At least you are getting one of my points to all who debate on these threads. If you understand Scripture as a Pharisee--you're an unbeliever. Love isn't ruling your actions, the LAW is. It did for them, and that's why Jesus called them vipers. It's sinful. Get used to it. Homosexuals have to do so from you.
You say love is not ruling my actions, yet I continue to let you have the bus run me over in your insults and accusations.

Old 04-01-2016, 07:48 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,542,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because it isn't any of your business to do so! What is so difficult to comprehend about this? For Christians, God is NOT counting our sins against us so why on earth would anyone concern themselves with what they think is someone else's sins???
also, this shows us how much we do not understand god's love. if there is one like this Omni dude of theirs. We, well me, get sick when two dudes kiss. I get the evolution part of my reaction but it took me a long time to understand the "love" part of their reaction. silly, stupid, me.

That doesn't mean I want them in a straight bar I open. Nor should others force themselves in either. Thats rude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.