Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2015, 08:09 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,091,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And the point is that what you call God's Word does NOT say that, it is the misinterpretation of centuries that needs to be corrected, but you can't look at that because YOU are prejudiced against gays.
I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine. If you are looking for approval of the gay lifestyle, you won't find it here.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,827,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I won't change your mind, and you won't change mine. If you are looking for approval of the gay lifestyle, you won't find it here.
I know. There's a word for that.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:01 AM

One of the outstanding indicators of bigotry on the subject is the use of the term, "gay lifestyle," as if there were some set of practices that every gay person conforms to (of course that includes promiscuity, everybody knows that). Gay relationships have the SAME range as heterosexual relationships from the viciousness of rape to devoted partnership.

Old 10-01-2015, 09:40 AM

4,684 posts, read 6,086,303 times

Old 10-01-2015, 09:58 AM

17,156 posts, read 11,302,250 times
Quote:
Have a nice day- I won't contend with you anymore, as this is never ending. I stand on my beliefs and the Faith God has given me. You are free to disagree.

And those of you who feel a need to judge and condemn homosexuals are free to not respond to the valid points that many have made in this thread and elsewhere on the forum. However, hopefully you will not ignore the implications of your inability to counter those points.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:01 AM

31,374 posts, read 20,018,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
In other words you don't have an answer and refuse to consider that your preconceptions might be wrong. Got it.
The Fundashield in action.

Reality and truth are no match for the FODI.

Old 10-01-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
straight pride
And it is something to be proud of and happy for (except when there are too many kids in an overpopulated world) so be happy and don't deny the same happiness and pride to those who have same-sex commitments, many of whom take care of kids nobody else wants to.

Old 10-01-2015, 02:16 PM

4,434 posts, read 6,951,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Not a great article. The author is gay, and has allowed other humans to convince him of a particular translation of certain Bible verses that his nature is not right. I'd say he's rather weak-minded, and will never be happy.

I don't care what the author or any other Christian fundamentalists think. I'm a man, happily married to a man, and we've been together nearly 2 decades. We're a happy family, with our children and our church that has no issues with our relationship. And if/when any fundies attempt to "save me from my sin", I'll shut them down and have nothing to do with it. I'm intelligent enough to know what's natural for me, and what I did and didn't choose. I chose love, happiness, and a family over fear, self-hatred and religious nonsense
For your information I used to be a practicing homosexual as well. I used to go to a gay affirming church as well. Yet that was before I was saved.

Well you can go to church all you want even if every Sunday but going to church does not make you a christian. It is a personal relationship with Jesus as their personal saviour that is a christian.

Anyway Jesus has given me more peace of mind and I feel more contentment than any other man has provided. I am happy anyway now and do not wish to return back to the life I had prior to christian and even be part of the gay lifestyle.

There are no bible verses that affirm same sex relationships. Sure the law regarding putting homosexuals to death is not valid today but Romans 1 is still very valid today.

Old 10-01-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
I am happy anyway now and do not wish to return back to the life I had prior to christian and even be part of the gay lifestyle.
I have to wonder what you mean by "the gay lifestyle." I believe you indicated that you had never established a committed relationship?

Old 10-01-2015, 04:34 PM

63,453 posts, read 39,704,022 times
Quote:
Where does this arrogance come from that assumes that Gays want anyone's approval?? They just do want to be harassed, mistreated, discriminated against, or otherwise subject to whatever form of disapproval Christians want to foist upon them. Between approval and disapproval is a middle ground called "none of your business" which some Christians seem to be missing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity