Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 11:47 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,984,164 times

Advertisements

Gay Christians: Why I Can’t Affirm Or Condemn Them | Matt Moore

That is a great article and as a same sex attracted person that is Christian it is very bold and to the point.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:00 AM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Default Gay christians: Why i can’t affirm or condemn them

Because it isn't any of your business to do so! What is so difficult to comprehend about this? For Christians, God is NOT counting our sins against us so why on earth would anyone concern themselves with what they think is someone else's sins???

Old 09-29-2015, 05:48 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Gay Christians: Why I Can’t Affirm Or Condemn Them | Matt Moore

That is a great article and as a same sex attracted person that is Christian it is very bold and to the point.
What's 'great' about this article? It's just the typical read of a same-sex attracted person who has been made to feel guilt-ridden with 'sin'. As expected, he repents of his 'sin of homosexuality'. He can now legitimately refer to himself as 'a Christian' and be welcomed 'into the Christian fold' by the self-righteous ones.

Yawn . . .

Old 09-29-2015, 06:07 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
He has the right perspective for us Christians. God loves me no matter what, but He does not accept or condone my sinful behavior. We are not to condemn gays, but neither should we give a stamp of approval to their sin.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:38 AM

6,796 posts, read 2,905,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He has the right perspective for us Christians. God loves me no matter what, but He does not accept or condone my sinful behavior. We are not to condemn gays, but neither should we give a stamp of approval to their sin.
Seriously, why is being homosexual any more 'a sin' than being heterosexual?

Old 09-29-2015, 06:43 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because it isn't any of your business to do so! What is so difficult to comprehend about this? For Christians, God is NOT counting our sins against us so why on earth would anyone concern themselves with what they think is someone else's sins???

How do you align such beliefs with this verse:

But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

1 Corinthians 5:11

According to the Bible, it most certainly is our business if they claim to be a Christian.

Old 09-29-2015, 06:45 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,733,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Because God's word says so. Pretty simple really.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:26 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,111,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
Ridiculous question.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How do you align such beliefs with this verse:

But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

1 Corinthians 5:11

According to the Bible, it most certainly is our business if they claim to be a Christian.
How do you label another person's life as being immoral(THINK ELECTED OFFICIALS), greedy (THINK EVANGELICAL PREACHERS) IDOLATER (THINK MONEY, PEOPLE WHO WORSHIP BIBLE, etc.) DRUNKARD (THINK WHAT WRONG WITH THAT?), SWINDLER (GOVERNMENTS, SALES PEOPLE, )

This short list written by PAULIE GIRL EXCLUSED nearly 45% of teh world's population...

Old 09-29-2015, 07:59 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Because God's word says so. Pretty simple really.
NO, not really--a few self-righteous mortals took it upon themselves (mostly one named Paulie Girl) to write what they want others to believe is the word of GOD, even when Christ HAD NO OPINION on SSM, Paulie Girl DARES to speak for God....

Does the Holy Spirit not convict us or our sins?

When he comes, he will prove the world to be in the wrong about sin and righteousness and judgment: about sin, because people do not believe in me; about righteousness, because I am going to the Father, where you can see me no longer; and about judgment, because the prince of this world now stands condemned.

So if anyone is really SMART, I would think they would leave any CONVICTING and condemning of sin to the LORD and think very seriously before speaking for God and "enforcing" a twisted and demented interpretation of what may very well be NOT SIN...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.