Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 05:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Look at your post again..and see that the first para is saying that anyone who criticizes your views is guilty of hatred towards 'Christians' (which being interpreted, means 'those who agree with you') The add -on is the 'you are offending Christ by criticizing me' ploy.
Actually, it does not say that. Give it time to sink in.

Unfortunately you didn't get the rest either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2015, 06:12 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
God doesn't go where He is not wanted. Want to reject God and have nothing to do with Him? He will oblige your wishes and not interfere. That's a trait of a righteous holy God.
I thought you had said earlier that God is everywhere; that God is Omniscient. If He is everywhere, He is also where He is not wanted. How does that not interfering part work with a God that controls everything?

Old 10-06-2015, 07:21 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Actually, it does not say that. Give it time to sink in.

Unfortunately you didn't get the rest either.
The kneejerk denialist response is however, quite unastonishing . I reckon I see the implications of your post better than you do. And explain them, while you just deny everything.

And the victims in Oregon are totally forgotten in the course of Finn's campaign of presenting Gay -hatred as Real Christianity.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-06-2015 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: yeah..that's better..

Old 10-06-2015, 07:42 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
God doesn't go where He is not wanted. Want to reject God and have nothing to do with Him? He will oblige your wishes and not interfere. That's a trait of a righteous holy God.
For heavens sake, Jeff. You make God sound petulant, petty, and small.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:57 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
The kneejerk denialist response is however, quite unastonishing . I reckon I see the implications of your post better than you do. And explain them, while you just deny everything. And the victims in Oregon are totally forgotten in the course of Finn's campaign of presenting Gay -hatred as Real Christianity.
Nope, wrong again.

There is no need to explain, since my words are there for everyone to read, as are your attempts to twist them into meaning something they don't mean.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:32 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I thought you had said earlier that God is everywhere; that God is Omniscient. If He is everywhere, He is also where He is not wanted. How does that not interfering part work with a God that controls everything?
He can be everywhere on one level but not form a personal relationship with those who reject Him. Why should He?

Since our brains can only comprehend one plane of existence which is the physical, it's really not fair to try and pose trap logic puzzles in regards to the Omni traits of God.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:53 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
Strange as it feels to do so, I have to stick up for Jeff on this one. At least to a certain extent.

Jeff, the "ganging up" part is one where I don't agree with you. I don't see any reason people need to take a number and wait for their turn to engage you. If you're going to continually take positions that are completely opposite the positions of almost every single other poster, you have to expect that one of the outcomes is going to be that lots of people are going to be disagreeing with you all at once. That's part of the price you pay for being so consistently and so vocally outside the mainstream.
Well there's your first problem. You assume that your viewpoints are mainstream. They're not. Yeah here in little fairy tale internet realm, you enjoy a majority, but in the real world, atheists are a small minority ,and most Christians are not extremely pro-gay or hate the Bible.

I don't expect people to wait their turn, but I don't need 12 or more essentially jumping on me at the same time with the same arguments and then getting all huffy because I don't reply back. Burying the opponent is a cheap tactic. Shinra probably smugly thinks she outsmarted the Christians again with her amazing wit and razor wire rhetoric when in reality, I simply don't have the time or energy to respond back to very lengthy posts.

Quote:

As far as the mockery and the insults are concerned, I have to agree that you have a point, and I've said so before. And, as I've also said before, I'm one of those who are most guilty of doing it to you.

But quite honestly, Jeff, I can live with it. Rather easily, in fact. Ordinarily, I would feel badly about the way I address you, but frankly, the positions you take are so hateful, so ugly, so hurtful, and so utterly reprehensible and so damaging and destructive to so many innocent human beings that I am quite comfortable with how I attack you for that harm that you do.
And that's where you and I differ because I don't think mockery and insults have any place in a discussion even if you can't stand the other person's beliefs or find them repulsive. They are my beliefs straight from the Word of God which has no relation to my personal character.

Quote:

Look at it this way - you're obviously in love with the idea of being a martyr for your god, so the way I see it, I'm just doing my little part to help you play the role you so love to play.

When the day comes, and you're standing there in front of your god, and he's looking at his checklist and he says to you, "So - Jeffbase40, is it? OK if I call you Jeff? You cool with that? OK, then, Jeff - whaddya got for me?" you can just say, "Well, that Crocodile guy - Albert, I think his name was - used to be awfully rough on me. I don't think he was really a crocodile (I think he was lying about that, because crocodiles are primarily nocturnal and he used to post all day long), but anyway, he said some nasty things about me. But I stood right in there and I took it, god, cuz I'm your boy, ya know?

"We homies, and I had your back cuz I knew you'd have mine. You, uh... do have my back, right? Uh... god? We good, right?"

And then he'll be all like, "Albert? You knew Albert? Holy Christ, dude! Get outta here!! You kiddin' me? He never told me that. Come on; I'll introduce you. He's over at the house, working on some revisions. Turns out I had that gay sex thing all wrong; we're gettin' that fixed right now - reweighting the scoring system, so that being gay pretty much gets you in automatically. You're going to make a lot of new friends up here, bro. So glad to have you.

"Oh, hey - does this mean you know Trout Dude? Hey, let's stop and see him first. I've got him in charge of how to use the internet to spot false christians and smite 'em using batch files."
Truly a ridiculous piece of fiction here. God is never wrong so to even suggest that He would say that, well that's pretty reprehensible in my book. God looks at man's heart and convicts me if I treat people poorly. Stating a belief about sin is not treating people poorly but you seem to think so.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:12 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,714,086 times
Quote:
And that's where you and I differ because I don't think mockery and insults have any place in a discussion even if you can't stand the other person's beliefs or find them repulsive. They are my beliefs straight from the Word of God which has no relation to my personal character.
Now you and I are in agreement. The Word of God has no relation to your personal character.

But it can---if you are willing to repent!

Old 10-06-2015, 01:01 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Well there's your first problem. You assume that your viewpoints are mainstream. They're not. Yeah here in little fairy tale internet realm, you enjoy a majority, but in the real world, atheists are a small minority ,and most Christians are not extremely pro-gay or hate the Bible.

I don't expect people to wait their turn, but I don't need 12 or more essentially jumping on me at the same time with the same arguments and then getting all huffy because I don't reply back. Burying the opponent is a cheap tactic. Shinra probably smugly thinks she outsmarted the Christians again with her amazing wit and razor wire rhetoric when in reality, I simply don't have the time or energy to respond back to very lengthy posts.

Truly a ridiculous piece of fiction here. God is never wrong so to even suggest that He would say that, well that's pretty reprehensible in my book. God looks at man's heart and convicts me if I treat people poorly. Stating a belief about sin is not treating people poorly but you seem to think so.
Christ was quite good at both mockery and insults...especially when directed at the brood of VIPERS...

Old 10-06-2015, 02:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
He can be everywhere on one level but not form a personal relationship with those who reject Him. Why should He?
Were you rejected as a child?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity