Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2015, 08:31 AM

339 posts, read 193,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Paul is being truthful with himself..... for as the scripture says....God desires truth in the inward parts. We are under the law of sin and death( not the 10 commandments) until we have that thanks be to God experience like Paul.
. For Jesus Christ did not come to save you from the eternal eternal for it not scriptural but to save you from the law of sin and death. Death being a life without the power to overcome the law of sin and death.

The law of sin and death what Paul cried out to be delivered from is this

For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.

I hope this post i am responding too is not a copy and paste without quoting the source.

Of course Paul was being truthful, which is why his letters are scripture.
We are not under the law of sin and death any longer as Paul clearly states throughout his letters. We are saved BY grace. We have the experience Paul had once we confess Jesus as Paul did. Have you had the experience Paul had on the road to Damascus and what Ananias brought to him the nest day in Acts 9:17-18 (NIV)?

Paul didn't cry out to be delivered, He thanked God that he was. Rom 7:25 (NIV)

What you quote above does not show the source or passage reference, but I'm familiar with it enough to know it. Paul again is talking about the OLD covenant Law as he states in v21; So I find this law at work.
Paul was dealing with the good news of the gospel starting in chapter one for those in Rome. His summary of his calling is expressed in Rom 1:16-17, where he writes;
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Paul was only dealing with the law of Moses for those who lived under it. Jesus Christ came to set us free(to save us from...... by knowledge of the truth) from the law of sin and death, which you fundamentalists cannot accept because it turns the focus on yourself instead of those you wrongly believe are eternal hell bound.
Yes, AND explaining how it was no longer relevant, given the NEW covenant Jesus revealed to him and which he explains further in Romans 8.

Fundamentals seem to be your problem, but all things start with the fundamentals. IMO, you skipped these and tried to go right to self righteous, which doesn't work.

You seem to believe what Jesus says when it's convenient for your dogma, but NOT when it goes against what you think?

Read Matt 7:13-14 (NIV) carefully.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Then see who the gate is in John 10:9, where Jesus states;
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

THOSE are the fundamentals of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Railing against them is only found in the willful and ignorant.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:10 AM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanJP View Post
Yes, AND explaining how it was no longer relevant, given the NEW covenant Jesus revealed to him and which he explains further in Romans 8.

Fundamentals seem to be your problem, but all things start with the fundamentals. IMO, you skipped these and tried to go right to self righteous, which doesn't work.

You seem to believe what Jesus says when it's convenient for your dogma, but NOT when it goes against what you think?

Read Matt 7:13-14 (NIV) carefully.

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Then see who the gate is in John 10:9, where Jesus states;
I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.

THOSE are the fundamentals of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Railing against them is only found in the willful and ignorant.
Again you are fundamentally wrong every time you think the scriptures speak of being saved has referring to being saved from eternal hell. You are in denial about this and in denial that the scriptures DO NOT refer to being saved as being saved from eternal hell. I have clearly shown BY scripture what we are saved from, you have come up with nothing in reference to being saved from eternal hell. Yes the scriptures speak of hell, but not the hell you believe in or are in fear of it not existing. I will say it again, the doctrine of eternal hell comes from eating the forbidden fruit, for eating the forbidden fruit it ruined the conscience of man and caused him to seek a way to please and appease God in fear of him, a way back to him that he never desired or decreed.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Of course Paul was being truthful, which is why his letters are scripture.
We are not under the law of sin and death any longer as Paul clearly states throughout his letters. We are saved BY grace. We have the experience Paul had once we confess Jesus as Paul did. Have you had the experience Paul had on the road to Damascus and what Ananias brought to him the nest day in Acts 9:17-18 (NIV)?

Paul didn't cry out to be delivered, He thanked God that he was. Rom 7:25 (NIV)

What you quote above does not show the source or passage reference, but I'm familiar with it enough to know it. Paul again is talking about the OLD covenant Law as he states in v21; So I find this law at work.
Paul was dealing with the good news of the gospel starting in chapter one for those in Rome. His summary of his calling is expressed in Rom 1:16-17, where he writes;
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”

Paul, like all of us went through the experience of Romans 7 i quoted even as a believer. You did not magically become transformed over night and fit for this heaven you believe in and assume you have your ticket too because you confessed Jesus to be Lord, and neither did Paul, you like all of us(including Paul) became suddenly aware that you had a nature that thought against the inward man(the real you) that enslaved you to that which you hated........this is the message of the gospel...... that Jesus Christ came to save the inner man(the real you) from that which enslaves you.....it never was and never will be saving you from your eternal hell belief......which is not taught in the scriptures.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Attaching eternal hell to bible verses in references to being saved when this error has been pointed out to you is willfully adding to the scriptures, stiff necked and resisting the Holy Spirit. I have had these go around with fundamentalists numerous times on here, and not once have you or they ever come up with a scripture referencing eternal hell is what we are saved from. You say you have, but you haven't and like all previous fundamentalists who have been asked to cough up the scriptures,rather being in the right spirit and obliging to reference them, you and they have parroted "i have quoted the scriptures look them up yourself", or words similar.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:19 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Faith is not believing, it's knowing.
Quote:
Only God knows, we believe what His word says BY faith. Quite the difference.
Knowing comes from the heart, the core of the Spirit; not from what YOU think.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Knowing comes from the heart, the core of the Spirit; not from what YOU think.
Exactly Jerwade, and Jesus said it is knowledge of the truth that sets us free . The truth is we are free...... The prison door of condemnation is open.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Supercilious comments and reactions really don't impress me or most people who KNOW God.
You search the Scriptures because you THINK that in them you have eternal life.
The narrow path comes from the heart, not from following the doctrines of men.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Exactly Jerwade, and Jesus said it is knowledge of the truth that sets us free . The truth is we are free...... The prison door of condemnation is open.
Some people prefer to remain in bondage, it's their safety net.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Again you are fundamentally wrong every time you think the scriptures speak of being saved has referring to being saved from eternal hell. You are in denial about this and in denial that the scriptures DO NOT refer to being saved as being saved from eternal hell. I have clearly shown BY scripture what we are saved from, you have come up with nothing in reference to being saved from eternal hell. Yes the scriptures speak of hell, but not the hell you believe in or are in fear of it not existing. I will say it again, the doctrine of eternal hell comes from eating the forbidden fruit, for eating the forbidden fruit it ruined the conscience of man and caused him to seek a way to please and appease God in fear of him, a way back to him that he never desired or decreed.
and yet I continually provide scripture tom support it and all you have is your opinion, so I'll take God's word over your opinion every day, all day.

The doctrine of heel and eternal punishment comes from the Bible, which you continually deny.

Not understanding ANY fundamentals of Christianity clearly shows you are the one who is fundamentally lost.

Read and learn; https://carm.org/christianity/answer...-jesus-save-us
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity